Status
Not open for further replies.

*sylvia*

♥→o←♥
CHEERY O
1672574311094.png

All members that participate,
can everyone PLEASE ensure that you read all the rules for this challenge
so that you can claim your challenge points. Thank you!

Hi everyone, Sylvia here welcoming you to the MOOD BOARD challenge for February.

My MOOD BOARD has 12 numbered blocks and shall inspire you.

moodboard.jpg

Please pick your inspirations from your choice of any 5 blocks.

Inspirations can be items in the image, colors, textures, action or holiday
anything that sparks your creative mojo.
Also there may be more than 1 inspiration in a block.

Please list the number of the block and your inspiration/s in your post in this thread.
That's it!

I was inspired by:
2 - border
5 - white background
6 - photo effect
11 -typewriter
12 - colors

My layout:

MoodboardChallenge.jpg

I used:

Oscraps-LL-preview.jpg

Have fun!

Can't wait to see how this challenge inspires you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RULES:
  • Choose 5 items as your inspiration and list / explain them in the thread.
  • Please use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store.
  • Non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not.
  • You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
  • Your page must be posted in the CHALLENGE 2 GALLERY by midnight PST 28 FEBRUARY 2023 and linked back to this thread (see below on how to add your linked layout).
  • And do not forget to update the CURRENT MONTH'S TRACKING THREAD to be eligible for your coupon.

Adding a linked layout from the gallery to a thread:
  • Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the gallery embed icon (little camera).
  • This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the continue button.
  • Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the post reply button.

Last edited:

isDK

Thanks for the challenge, Sylvia. There were several images in your set that reminded me of the big city tall brick buildings, #1, #4 & #6. Then I saw the typesetting tray #11 and thought of old and steampunk, which I'd seen on our visit to Denver. Maybe a stretch, but I used stitches to emulate #2. So 1,2,4,6 &11.

*gina*

CHEERY O
Last edited:

*sylvia*

♥→o←♥
CHEERY O
2nd attempt Sylvia, let me know if it is fine
Inspired by: girl in block 3, window in block 4, colors in block 6, butterfly in block 10, and black in block 11.
Your layouts are so different but each one is great in its own way.
Thank you for playing along with the Mood Bord Challenge February.

*sylvia*

♥→o←♥
CHEERY O
Thanks for the challenge, Sylvia. There were several images in your set that reminded me of the big city tall brick buildings, #1, #4 & #6. Then I saw the typesetting tray #11 and thought of old and steampunk, which I'd seen on our visit to Denver. Maybe a stretch, but I used stitches to emulate #2. So 1,2,4,6 &11.
What a wonderful double page spread you have created. I'm blown away by how much the mood board inspired you. Terrific layout.

*sylvia*

♥→o←♥
CHEERY O
1. dark paper
3. pink
6. photo treatment
9. flower
11. tilted text

This is gorgeous. What a composition with that play of colors. And in addition, the photo effect and the diagonal flow of the design. Just WOW! Thank you for playing along with the Mood Bord Challenge February.

*sylvia*

♥→o←♥
CHEERY O
Thank you for the challenge and for inspiration.
my choice:
2 - the color of the pink stripe
3. the woman and the colored hair
5 - the white background
6 - the photo treatment
9 - the color of the flowers
10 - the color of the grass

The photo treatment enhances perfectly her facial eypression. In addition, you have matched it perfectly to the color of the collection. The whole design is outstanding in its simplicity. Thank you for playing along with the Mood Bord Challenge February.

*gina*

CHEERY O
The photo treatment enhances perfectly her facial eypression. In addition, you have matched it perfectly to the color of the collection. The whole design is outstanding in its simplicity. Thank you for playing along with the Mood Bord Challenge February.
thank you so much, Sylvia

*sylvia*

♥→o←♥
CHEERY O
#6 photo effect
#5 travel
#2 stitching
#9 weed
#11 word art
The photo effect is just wonderful. And the use of the canon paper and the transfer makes the effect of the view from a cave outside. The perspective is further enhanced by the shadow of the branch. Terrific layout.

Cath VP

A dust in this great universe
Thank you Sylvia ! First time that I play with a Mood board ! Not so easy but awesome !
Inspired by blocks :
1- black and blue color (background & character)
5 - colors green/yellow/blue (machinery & fish)
6 - the city
7 - red and round like tomato (balls)
9 - the color & dried flowers

*sylvia*

♥→o←♥
CHEERY O
Thank you Sylvia ! First time that I play with a Mood board ! Not so easy but awesome !
Inspired by blocks :
1- black and blue color (background & character)
5 - colors green/yellow/blue (machinery & fish)
6 - the city
7 - red and round like tomato (balls)
9 - the color & dried flowers
What a gorgeous layout for your first participation. You blows me away with your creativity and that scene you have created with my specifications. Just WOW!

*sylvia*

♥→o←♥
CHEERY O
Thank you so much for the Challenge @*sylvia* !
my page
my choice:
2: border
3: women
4: color
6: phototreatment
10: butterfly
This is definitively not a bad hair day. I like the clean design, the tiny details and the color combo. Brilliant layout.

*sylvia*

♥→o←♥
CHEERY O

using
2 (bands and lines)
4 (blocks)
9 (seed heads)
11 (diagonals in neutral colors)
12 (white shapes and dots)
WOW! Your layout is just so eye-catching and creative in every way. It starts with the snow tracks, continues with the color combinations and ends with the yellow bow as the highlight.
Thanks for participating in the February Mood Bord Challenge.

*sylvia*

♥→o←♥
CHEERY O
Thank you for the inspiration, Sylvia. Enjoyed the challenge you set us.

9 - color brown
8 - birds & water
2 - lines/stripes
11 - type for my title
12 - star/splatter

Just today I was thinking about the fact that too few nature photos are scrapped. And now I see your layout with this cute bird. I like the white and light blue tones in the background and the soft overflow of the photo into the background. The simplicity of your design is just gorgeous. Thanks for participating in the February Mood Bord Challenge.

*sylvia*

♥→o←♥
CHEERY O
I was inspired by the following: No 6: houses, 7: colour red, 8: birds in water, 10: flying insect, 12: blue sky with clouds

The scene you have created is just so peaceful and calm. It's just wonderful. I would like to enter the picture to enjoy the idyll and surely I would not be alone in this.
Thanks for participating in the February Mood Bord Challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.