Oscraps

Deep Dream Generator - Revisited

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
Deep Dream Generator has introduced a new AI process to their program, called Text 2 Dream. I've been having an absolute blast learning to use it, and in the process, I've formed a new addiction! I haven't used any of my newest creations on scrap layouts yet but will be doing so very soon.

For anyone who hasn't heard of Deep Dream Generator (DDG), here is a link to my previous thread introducing DDG with samples of the dreams, and the dreams used in layouts: https://oscraps.com/community/threads/deep-dream-generator.33271/

The new Text2Dream is an AI tool that creates images according to the descriptions you supply. You can create a Dream by using only words, for example in the word prompt, I added this description: wide view long exposure of stream cascading over rocks in a temperate autumn forest with falling leaves at sunrise, cinematic sky, hyper-realistic highly detailed photorealistic.

There are also lists of additional modifiers you can choose and add to enhance your finished image. To the above description, I added these: digital painting, oil on canvas, and colorful.

And here is the result image, using only words. It literally looks like I could have photographed, or painted this scene a few miles from my home in the heart of the Fall season.

syj7fx_f0ded8e03d3814d2271f2d5638e4aae88cd826fc.jpg

You can also start the Text2Dream process using a starting image, plus word prompts and modifiers. The modifiers comes with a list of various painters and artists which you can choose, or you can write in painters or artists of your choice.

The next two images I created by using this base image, modified by me in PhotoShop:

woman-7473801_1920-copy.jpg

This is the first Dream I created from the above image:

tioegi_f2ef3e9f20dcee19b2ba4538927b431cc6fab64c.jpg

And this is the second Dream from the same image:

enegl8_d77aaef133b1094c2e075583073a7271feb6b31d.jpg

The following Dream I created with the new tool, using a base illustration (which I can't find at the moment, must have deleted the original), and I didn't like the first result, so redid the image, using the one I didn't like as the base, and surprise, surprise, I got a keeper:

skkqjc_eb1e52e202acfc8575e4dc3f0aba99273ac8f66e.jpg

This one isn't very realistic, but I love the colors. I used only a description and added an artists name - Hovik Zohrabyan style, wildflower field with rustic barn, trees, pastel colors.

dzc1uc_5adcd6fcca0dc3b0321589ce8d3b19291ea27245.jpg

And another one I really like, I used a base image from Pixabay plus description and modifiers:

zb4wua_7d88935728f30d8d213adf9e338a63d777789d16.jpg

I've also had some epic fails. I wanted the following photo of the Eiffel Tower with the sky lit up with beautiful fireworks:

eiffel-tower-1975412_1920.jpg

Instead, the new Text2Dream actually turned the tower into fireworks! Not bad, but not exactly what I had in mind. :rolleyes:

5ookvp_496235a0b2c384d84e1ff8a70c12b97ddfe15e40.jpg

For all of you who are addicted to Deep Dream Generator, be sure to give this new tool a try. If you're new to DDG the previous thread linked at the beginning of this thread will help you get started and then you can try this new tool out for yourself.

If you have any questions about this new tool, I'll try to answer them, although I'm still learning myself since it's only been out for three days. If I don't know the answers, I will find someone who does. ♥

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
This looks amazing, Betty Jo! I confess I haven't spent any time at DDG since you first introduced us to it; I just haven't made the time. It's amazing what the technology is capable of, though!

Jeannette

CHEERY O
Wow, I didn't read your first post about this topic, but Dream Generator is so much fun! Thank you for sharing!!

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
This looks amazing, Betty Jo! I confess I haven't spent any time at DDG since you first introduced us to it; I just haven't made the time. It's amazing what the technology is capable of, though!
Technology is truly amazing, Angie. I enjoy using DDG as a fun additonal way of processing photos for my layouts. ♥

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
Since my last post on this thread I've added quite a few new creations in my DDG account. It's been such fun practicing with the new addition to DDG, Text2Dream. I thought I was addicted to DDG before, but I'm REALLY addicted now. :) You can find my new posts here: https://deepdreamgenerator.com/u/jobet

A couple of days ago I posted a layout with one of my new Text2Dream photos.

Several people have asked me, here and on Facebook, how I created the photo. I started with the following basic photo from Unsplash. I first adjusted levels and color in PS. Then processed the base photo with the Text2Dream process.

01jeremy-cai-eT1ef3tPglU-unsplash copy.jpg

I haven't made it public on DDG yet. I will be doing that tomorrow. When it is published you can check there to see the information I used to create my finished photo; the prompt, modifiers, and settings. If you are using, or will be using the Text2Dream process on DDG and have questions you can ask me here or contact me privately and I'll help if I can.

I was totally amazed that from the basic photo above, I got such a gorgeous creation just by adding words (prompts).

01cldol2_59124771bce52a33f708992fe1b2209d0f030de1.jpg

LSlycord

Oh my goodness....you know how I LOVE the end result on this! I'm so glad that you showed us the unprocessed photo. Amazing!

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
Oh my goodness....you know how I LOVE the end result on this! I'm so glad that you showed us the unprocessed photo. Amazing!
Thanks so much, Linda. This one came out beautifully on the first try. Some, I might process ten times and never get a keeper. But, the process is still a lot of fun. :)

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
Since my last post on this thread I've added quite a few new creations in my DDG account. It's been such fun practicing with the new addition to DDG, Text2Dream. I thought I was addicted to DDG before, but I'm REALLY addicted now. :) You can find my new posts here: https://deepdreamgenerator.com/u/jobet

A couple of days ago I posted a layout with one of my new Text2Dream photos.

Several people have asked me, here and on Facebook, how I created the photo. I started with the following basic photo from Unsplash. I first adjusted levels and color in PS. Then processed the base photo with the Text2Dream process.

View attachment 383562

I haven't made it public on DDG yet. I will be doing that tomorrow. When it is published you can check there to see the information I used to create my finished photo; the prompt, modifiers, and settings. If you are using, or will be using the Text2Dream process on DDG and have questions you can ask me here or contact me privately and I'll help if I can.

I was totally amazed that from the basic photo above, I got such a gorgeous creation just by adding words (prompts).

View attachment 383563
wow that is fantastic !

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
It's very addictive, Sonja. :) I just followed you at DDG, my name there is Jobet, and your first dreams are awesome. A secret at DDG, if you want lots of Likes you must give a lot, and only publish no more than one dream a day, two at the most. We are limited to only 500 Likes we can give out in a twenty-four hour period so spread them out.