Oscraps

Daily Ooos: April 13-14: Weekend Edition

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
@AK_Tracy where in Alaska do you live?? I had friends and a cousin who used to live there (Yakutat and Juneau). I heard lots of tales from them about living there. They are back in the lower 48 now.

I understand about not using photos of kids/grandkids... I have permission from the parents about the grandkids (and themselves) as they are all on FB... but others that I don't use as the parents have asked me to not use them.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
:coffeescreen:
Looks like I will mostly only see you all when drinking my coffee and you're all headed into afternoon! LOL I am so totally loving the humor and jokes here. I am so sarcastic at times that people think I'm just rude. Thanks to hubs I have developed my black sense of humor. I love murder shows/books and yeah the joke going around online about seeing so many shows like that I could make it look like Santa Claus did it, is often used at my house. I know the post of introduce yourself is suppose to be where I put all this but I tend to "wallflower" at first and then vomit info when comfortable. so here we go. I live in AK (duh my name says so) and its still very much winter. Well, actually we are in break up now (where everything breaks up, snow ice mud) and its snowed almost every days in April so far. BUT we now have over 12 hours daylight and I will take that!!!! Been married over 30 years, four kids, three grands, which you wont see here as I dont post my kids/grands but I have a dog you'll see lots of. We have four in the family but only one is mine. I prayed for a dog that was just mine and oh boy did God deliver. She's so sweet and SO mine. They all four love me but my Nessie is special and all mine. Until hunting season than she follows hubs everywhere.
It's nice to meet you, Tracy. You sound like you'll fit in just great here. Some of us) have whacky sense of humors. I sure do - my family is famous for laughing inappropriately. It all started with my dad when we were kids. It's a family tradition. We always say that our dark humor gets us through a lot of hard times. King of "laugh to keep from crying" sometimes.

Interesting that you live in Alaska - I used to love that show "Northern Exposure" when it was dark all the time and the people got a little crazy - too funny. Don't worry about WHEN you post, either - some of us are early birds and some of us (not sure who) are night owls. I was up early for a change this am, but I usually don't get in here until afternoon or sometimes evening. Plus we're all in different time zones.

Can't wait to see your doggie layouts. We love dogs and talk about them a lot and other pets like cats and rats.

AK_Tracy

@AK_Tracy where in Alaska do you live?? I had friends and a cousin who used to live there (Yakutat and Juneau). I heard lots of tales from them about living there. They are back in the lower 48 now.

I understand about not using photos of kids/grandkids... I have permission from the parents about the grandkids (and themselves) as they are all on FB... but others that I don't use as the parents have asked me to not use them.
Well, I am in AK. Sorry, that's as specific as I get online. I will say its not Juneau so its very different. I get snow where they get rain. As a life long (born here) I dont know its not suppose to be cold and dark all winter. Its just normal

I tried to quote and add another but screwed it up LOL @Cherylndesigns we usually laugh at all the AK shows as they are so drama and not accurate. Never watched Norther Exposure as they got so much wrong, like driving to Juneau.

Fun to see I am not alone in the dark humor or crazy humor.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Well, I am in AK. Sorry, that's as specific as I get online. I will say its not Juneau so its very different. I get snow where they get rain. As a life long (born here) I dont know its not suppose to be cold and dark all winter. Its just normal

I tried to quote and add another but screwed it up LOL @Cherylndesigns we usually laugh at all the AK shows as they are so drama and not accurate. Never watched Norther Exposure as they got so much wrong, like driving to Juneau.

Fun to see I am not alone in the dark humor or crazy humor.
Well, we didn't know any better - that's the trouble with shows - most of them are made up. For entertainment purposes only. Hey, to "quote" hit "reply". Hope that helps because it doesn't really make sense. No, you're not the only one around here who has dark humor.

AK_Tracy

Well, we didn't know any better - that's the trouble with shows - most of them are made up. For entertainment purposes only. Hey, to "quote" hit "reply". Hope that helps because it doesn't really make sense. No, you're not the only one around here who has dark humor.
Yes, I always watch other state shows with a grain of salt, on the rim of my drink, as I know they probably aren't accurate. Our current favorite is about buying log homes and its so funny cause AK log homes and lower 48 log homes are NOT the same Still fun to see the different areas though.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Yes, I always watch other state shows with a grain of salt, on the rim of my drink, as I know they probably aren't accurate. Our current favorite is about buying log homes and its so funny cause AK log homes and lower 48 log homes are NOT the same Still fun to see the different areas though.
I'm sure they're not. I always wanted one, though. I see you got the "reply" right.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Been busy... had the 2nd spiral sliced ham that I needed to cut up and get in the freezer. This one was a bit easier to cut off the bone than the 1st one. Was slicing away with my electric knife when I heard a 'snap' sound! Unplugged it and put it aside and finished with my regular knife. After I got the ham all packaged and into the freezer, I popped the blades loose and reset them... the motor runs but the blades don't move!! Checked on the box and it was from 1985!!!! I would say I got my money's worth from it and don't feel bad it finally broke.

JeanneMN

@AK_Tracy You sound like my doppelganger in humor, sarcasm, people thinking I'm rude, mostly my normal is their weird. Murder mysteries, thrillers, Cold Case, Law & Order, Criminal Minds, et.al. Humor and books have been my coping mechanism my entire life, but Hardy Boys was as mysterious as I got, I was more into Mary Poppins & horse stories then.
@Cherylndesigns My sympathies on the loss of your husband, but what a lovely gift from this group. The garden (and ocean when I see it) is my spiritual place and my source of solitude peace other than when the frogs are doing their "thang" in the Spring. I've lost 2 especially special people in the last 9 months. With one, I spent every day the last 2 1/2 months of her journey with her and the other one was one of the 2 cousins that get me like my family never did or do yet. I put a bright wild whirlygig in my garden last summer & will add one for my cousin this year. My Florida pages will have tributes to her, I stayed connected with daily messages in the months after her diagnosis in August. I told her she didn't have to respond; the messages were as much for me as her, I saved all our messages. I digress...... I've had so much fun in the two weeks I've been here, conversing with y'all, playing with my new- treasures, and honestly enjoying scrapping, really for the first time. In the meantime, I've let everything else slide, especially the financial staff, to I need to put my nose to the grindstone and get caught up.

Five hours of volleyball today, but we had folding seats, so the butt is numb and the back extremely cranky. They did win 3 out of 4 sets today and they were close ones and all the other teams were from 50,000-100,000 people communities & we are 3500.

I was still up at 4 this morning, but that's become my pattern since I set an alarm for 4:15am 3 days of the week to go to the gym-crazy? many have said so, never a morning person, but if I don't do it right away, it doesn't get done. Guess I'm making up for tomorrow today with my babbling.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Been busy... had the 2nd spiral sliced ham that I needed to cut up and get in the freezer. This one was a bit easier to cut off the bone than the 1st one. Was slicing away with my electric knife when I heard a 'snap' sound! Unplugged it and put it aside and finished with my regular knife. After I got the ham all packaged and into the freezer, I popped the blades loose and reset them... the motor runs but the blades don't move!! Checked on the box and it was from 1985!!!! I would say I got my money's worth from it and don't feel bad it finally broke.
Kay, you scared me - when I read "heard a "snap"!! Then I read on............................whew it was just the old blade! Yes, I'd say you've gotten your money's worth.

AK_Tracy

@AK_Tracy You sound like my doppelganger in humor, sarcasm, people thinking I'm rude, mostly my normal is their weird. Murder mysteries, thrillers, Cold Case, Law & Order, Criminal Minds, et.al. Humor and books have been my coping mechanism my entire life, but Hardy Boys was as mysterious as I got, I was more into Mary Poppins & horse stories then.
Yes, sarcasm falls out off my face and then people turn and look at me like I am green and have three heads! Maybe I do, my hair was green one year. Murder mysteries. I know all the Murder She Wrote, CSI, NCIS, Criminal Minds,........ ahhhh the good old days. Now we are watching Death in Paradise on BritBox. Its a whole family murder show goofysmile1

AK_Tracy

Oh snap! Glad it was just a blade and not you! Definitely got your moneys worth out of that knife.

JeanneMN

And all Minnesotans don't say , yah sure, dontcha know, like Fargo. I have adopted uff dah since moving to the Scandinavian corner of Minnesota. 80s yesterday, 75 today, and temps 40 degrees colder this coming weekc

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good afternoon ladies...almost good evening. I am late posting this wkend. I've been busy with the birding/nature groups. Went out on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Tomorrow I'll be out in the morning, going to a friend's home, she has a large property and the dogs will play there instead of going to the dog park. Then I go for my first mahjong lesson after dinner. It seems complicated but I'll give it a try.

Life is busy now with lots of birding/nature hikes and 3 game sessions a week, aside from the usual daily dog walks. By the time late fall/winter comes, I think I'll be happy for the slower schedule. I don't think I could keep up this pace all year round :)

@faerywings You have the most beautiful hair, I love your curls! I'm glad you are happy with the new color. Hope your dad will be ok and the bickering is kept to a minimum.

To all the newbies - welcome! Join in as you like,

@JeanneMN uff dah? meaning of that? I love to hear slang from other areas.

Time for dinner prep, have a good night, everyone.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Did you all have a fantastic day yesterday?
I don't even know what I did... Oh yes. I had to redo Caitlyn's shower invitation. To get the free invites, I needed to set it up differently than how I had it. But the invites went out which means I better get my butt in gear.
This afternoon is more Field trip training and it looks like it's going to be awesome weather for it.

@JeanneMN Did you sleep any later this morning than you did yesterday? I love the "polishing" of your hair. My natural hair color is blah brown, now sprinkled with lots of grey. I've been blond since I was 13 - with one time I tried to go back to brown and hated it.
I am a water girl too- but I *love* the ocean.
Make sure you link me up with the T-shirt page when you scrap it :)

@BrightEyes Sounds like you are getting everything set up just the way you like it on the new computer. I used FontBase to organize my fonts so I don't have to install all of them. You can tag them and then search by tags. It's free and super helpful to me.
Yo-yo weather-- yup, same here. Hope it isn't aggravating your joints too much.

@Cherylndesigns I think those places for the bench and totem will be amazing. What lovely views! My hair will never get that same level of even curls again. I have tight curls in front and at my nape. Everywhere else, it has straightish sections of an inch or so, just enough to make it look silly :D

@vickyday The salon uses Milkshake products but they are $$$. I looked on Amazon and one bottle runs about $25. I'll see if they ever have that brand at TJ Maxx. I used Fructis and Caitlyn swears by Aussie's curl line.
Glad to hear you made it out of Walmart in one piece and sanity intact.

@mywisecrafts Where do you wan to go first? What kind of trouble can we stir up? :potstirrer:

@wombat146 We would invite you along but we need to keep someone we trust on the outside.:jail1:
Thanks for always bailing us out LOL

@AK_Tracy So happy to see you here! if you have any questions, please just ask away. We (mostly me) use a bunch of acronyms which can get confusing too. I think we have a pos somewhere of them. I'll see if I can find it and link to it.
No worries about being :crazy:-- we all are here. (I think it stems from me, my kookiness is contagious and I take full responsibility. :floorlaugh:)
When I am replying to the previous day's comments, I have a tab op[en from yesterday and a tab for today. I have two monitors so it's easy for me to go back and forth. But like I said-- no need to do that unless you want to.

How long will it keep snowing where you live? I don't think I would last a week in AK. You must be made of strong stuff!
I looked at the Aussie brand but went with what I was familiar with....Fructis. Never heard of Milkshake, but I don't do salons, either.

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
Hey Tracy, yes, those posts relate to previous conversations in the previous day's Daily Oooos thread, you can view these threads as an ongoing conversation between friends, just broken up into daily (or weekend) threads. Just dive in and join the chat with just what you want to share about yourself........... you don't need to reply to each and every member's post so no need to feel overwhemled as you begin. :)

Chris (aka @faerywings) looks after this thread and as been doing so since the year dot (or when Moses came down from the mountain with those tablets in hand :lol23::lol23::lol23:) so she can fill you in more. :))
DYING about Moses coming down off the mountain. :floorlaugh:

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
Looks like I will mostly only see you all when drinking my coffee and you're all headed into afternoon! LOL I am so totally loving the humor and jokes here. I am so sarcastic at times that people think I'm just rude. Thanks to hubs I have developed my black sense of humor. I love murder shows/books and yeah the joke going around online about seeing so many shows like that I could make it look like Santa Claus did it, is often used at my house. I know the post of introduce yourself is suppose to be where I put all this but I tend to "wallflower" at first and then vomit info when comfortable. so here we go. I live in AK (duh my name says so) and its still very much winter. Well, actually we are in break up now (where everything breaks up, snow ice mud) and its snowed almost every days in April so far. BUT we now have over 12 hours daylight and I will take that!!!! Been married over 30 years, four kids, three grands, which you wont see here as I dont post my kids/grands but I have a dog you'll see lots of. We have four in the family but only one is mine. I prayed for a dog that was just mine and oh boy did God deliver. She's so sweet and SO mine. They all four love me but my Nessie is special and all mine. Until hunting season than she follows hubs everywhere.
Happy to have you here. Can't wait to see pics of the dog...any yeah our humor/sarcasm pretty much knows no limits. LOL.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
@faerywings first stop is spa. Gotta be all nice and relaxed for the fun. Then after that.... Mexico!!

giphy.gif