Oscraps

Daily Ooos: April 13-14: Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
hello hello, O-zies!

So much for sleeping late today. Hmmmph! I woke up a little before 5 am and got out of bed around 5.30. At least the coffee was done brewing. But still... :/
I am blond again! My BFF approves. I panicked before I left for my appt and sent her a few screenshots of different hair colors. She nixed a couple and sent me a few so I had a decent amount of photos to show the hairdresser. Anything is better than what I had. Weis (the ecology center where I work) posted a few pictures from the training session we had the other day on their FB page. They made me want to cry-- so much grey...*sobs* But yippee, now it's mostly covered up!
I thought about stopping at TJ Maxx on my way home to look for some cargo shorts for work but my brother had texted me that my dad ended up in the ER with another bad nosebleed. My brother was in a panic about it so I went home to see if they wanted me to drive down. He is fine but they were both exhausted from it all. he has an appt with an ENT on Monday, the urologist (bladder cancer recheck) on Friday, and his shoulder replacement is now set for Friday, the 26th. He's cranky, my mom is cranky and all I can do is tell them to be nice to each other. Not that they listen to me on that. :rolleyes1:

I really need to take it easy today or I am gonna lose my s***! :floorlaugh:

Thankfully, I don't have anywhere to go today and nothing big to do. *fingers crossed it stays that way*

:hug4:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@BrightEyes That's really smart to color code your TV remotes. Gary is in charge of ours, I can't be bothered to figure them out. But it's an adventure when I want to turn the TV on and he isn't around. Bwuahahha!
How is the PSE setup going? Have you found everything to transfer over? Every once in a while, my PS goes wonky and it resets all of my preferences to default. I never remember how I like things set but I sure do notice when things are wrong. Hopefully working between the two computers you can get that done easily.

@JeanneMN Love seeing your summer face in your avatar! Was that taken on vacation or during your 5-minute MN summer season?
I am so happy that you feel like part of the gang ♥ Everyone on this website, the designers, members, and Cheery Os, are literally (yes--literally!! LOL) the best.
Oh, you won't get thrown out for breaking the rules, no one has thrown me out yet. hahaha!
As for the journaling on your challenge page, you can always add it and if the challenge host feels it doesn't fit the rules, they will message you. You can always turn that layer off and reupload the page without it. Does that make sense?

@Cherylndesigns You must have come back from the nursery rejuvenated. Isn't it crazy how houses next door can get such different weather patterns with the wind and sun? My across-the-street neighbor's daffodils have been blooming for weeks, and mine are still extremely straggly and small.
C'mom OK Weather-- cooperate with Cheryl so she can get the bench set up. Chuck sure would enjoy seeing it there, and you on it. Hugs~~~

@mywisecrafts If you bump your DH from the vaca roster, I'd be more than happy to take his place LOL!

@vickyday
before
1713008765108.png
this is after
1713008623347.png
I'll tell ya, it's rough on the self-esteem working with a team that's in their 20's :giggle4:
Glad that the sunburn is so much better!

Kay - how wonderful that the memorial service was recorded and you could attend virtually.

@scrapinmom OMG, your grandson is 4 yo?? I feel like he was just born! How awful for him and you that he got so sick while mom and dad were away. I bet they felt bad too. :(
Hearing him say he was having a good time with you must have made you so happy!

HAGD!! xo

JeanneMN

@faerywings I woke up at 4 and got up at 4:30. Sorry to hear that your dad had an ER trip, I hope his tests go well. Is the shoulder his first bionic part? Both of my knees are and one hip. I had the knees done on Halloween almost 6 years ago, yes I had them both done at the same time LOL, pain wasn't going to take any more of my life and when it come to things like that I find my determination and I was my surgeon's poster child for quick recovery. The hip was a breeze after the knees, but I would guess there is more rehab with a shoulder. I decided to post my layout as is since I didn't get an answer to the challenge question, honestly I need the journaling with this page and it was fun rearranging the template, really hard not to add stuff. :)

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@JeanneMN I'm going to have to check out your LO.
It really stinks waking up that early. Thank goodness for coffee!
My dad has a bionic hip and shoulder already so this is his third replacement. My dog, Jaida, has two bionic knees so we tease my dad that they are in a competition for who has more pieces and parts. However, I do not want to have any more surgery on my dog, not even to win a competition. :no:
Off to see your Gallery :)

JeanneMN

@faerywings What a logical solution to the challenge, jeepers, turn off the layer and post and I couldn't think of that? I keep 'polishing' my hair too. I was blonde, blonde as a kid and then it changed to a dishwater brown, so I have the tarnish polished off and the blonde polished on. The picture was taken in Florida on the beach about 2 weeks into the vacay. When I came home my hair looked neon blonde so we toned down the blonde to more of an ash blonde instead of white blonde.The tan I get here isn't quite that dark, whatever I get working in the garden or biking is about it. Laying out in Minnesota to get a tan is BOREing, unless it's the week we spend at the lake. I'm a water girl and I live in the land of 10,000 lakes and in the part of the state with just about none. Time for more coffee and a little more organizing, it's actually supposed to be lovely and warm this weekend, maybe the bikes will come out.

JeanneMN

@faerywings OMG, do I have the t-shirt for you!!!! Got it in Key West, it will be in a layout eventually. Just remembered dgd has volleyball tournament, I better get more coffee and get movin'

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, gals. Yes, the remotes arrived in the afternoon and work like a champ!!! So nice to not have to keep pushing on the same button to get it to respond!! I checked both of them out then decided to remove the batteries from #2 and store it until/if I need a new one. I also put the original one away, too.

I am slowly getting things set up on the computer... got Webroot installed and turned off the trail version of McAfee. Added a few more styles and actions to PSE19. I may take a look at the fonts this weekend and add a few of my favorites. One of my favorite things in PSE is using the scroll on the mouse to expand or shrink the LO I am working on. Took awhile to remember where it was stored so I could turn it on. :greengrin: As I said... I am still fumbling my way around with Windows 11... like everyone else... not sure I like it.
Yes, @faerywings - it was so nice that we could see the memorial service on-line. Sister Lois and I talked afterwards and it helped that we could watch it.

Glad that you are happier with the new hair color. You will be able to keep up with those youngsters. They will love being around you with your quirky sense of humor. So sorry you dad had another bad nosebleed. I know that must have been scary for everyone.

@JeanneMN Great avatar photo!!! Looks like you were having fun in the sun!!! I agree with Chis... add the journaling and hide the journaling layer when you post it. I have done that more than once so I could meet the rules of challenge but also could please myself with the LO when I printed it.

The temp hit 80* late yesterday afternoon and only dropped into the mid-40's last night! Should be about the same today and maybe tomorrow then another cold front comes in and back down into the 50's with high winds for a couple of days. Really feeling the yo-yo in the weather.... dressing in warm layers one day and into lightweight clothes the next!!!

Time for another cup of coffee. HAGD

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning all,

It's beautiful here and 72 but those nighttime lows are still killing us. Freeze is past, but one night next week is a low of 41. Geeze C'mon bipolar weather - keep those lows up to 65, already. I took pictures yesterday when we were working out in the front garden. Thought I'd show you girls where the bench and totem are going to go. I got the spot for the bench all cleared out and ready to go. I won't decide whether I want it straight out or on an angle until we start building it. The second picture is where the totem is going - I marked it with a rock. My Hydrangeas are coming up and they'll be right beside the totem. I'm getting very anxious!

garden-bench.jpgtotem.jpg

Chris @faerywings your hair looks amazing! It's so long and beautiful - love the way the curls fall. Your hair looks so much like mine. I think I'm going to do more of a honey blonde on mine, too. It still looks too light to me. So sorry about your dad having to go to the ER. Poor guy - he can't cut a break, seems like. I know he'll be glad when all of this is over.

Kay @BrightEyes great job on all the work you've done on your computer. You reminded me that I need to look on all of my EHD's in the drawer (my old ones) and try to find all of my actions too. I'd forgotten where I saved them, but you jogged my memory. Glad you got to watch the memorial service and didn't have to go. That's so much easier and makes you feel like you're there.

Jeanne @JeanneMN I'm glad Chris solved your journaling issue and it's always better to ask - that's never a problem. I'm going to go find your layout

Hugs to everybody who comes in here after me. Happy Saturday! XOXO

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
hello hello, O-zies!

So much for sleeping late today. Hmmmph! I woke up a little before 5 am and got out of bed around 5.30. At least the coffee was done brewing. But still... :/
I am blond again! My BFF approves. I panicked before I left for my appt and sent her a few screenshots of different hair colors. She nixed a couple and sent me a few so I had a decent amount of photos to show the hairdresser. Anything is better than what I had. Weis (the ecology center where I work) posted a few pictures from the training session we had the other day on their FB page. They made me want to cry-- so much grey...*sobs* But yippee, now it's mostly covered up!
I thought about stopping at TJ Maxx on my way home to look for some cargo shorts for work but my brother had texted me that my dad ended up in the ER with another bad nosebleed. My brother was in a panic about it so I went home to see if they wanted me to drive down. He is fine but they were both exhausted from it all. he has an appt with an ENT on Monday, the urologist (bladder cancer recheck) on Friday, and his shoulder replacement is now set for Friday, the 26th. He's cranky, my mom is cranky and all I can do is tell them to be nice to each other. Not that they listen to me on that. :rolleyes1:

I really need to take it easy today or I am gonna lose my s***! :floorlaugh:

Thankfully, I don't have anywhere to go today and nothing big to do. *fingers crossed it stays that way*

:hug4:
I hope the ENT can figure out what is going on with your dad's nosebleeds!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@BrightEyes That's really smart to color code your TV remotes. Gary is in charge of ours, I can't be bothered to figure them out. But it's an adventure when I want to turn the TV on and he isn't around. Bwuahahha!
How is the PSE setup going? Have you found everything to transfer over? Every once in a while, my PS goes wonky and it resets all of my preferences to default. I never remember how I like things set but I sure do notice when things are wrong. Hopefully working between the two computers you can get that done easily.

@JeanneMN Love seeing your summer face in your avatar! Was that taken on vacation or during your 5-minute MN summer season?
I am so happy that you feel like part of the gang ♥ Everyone on this website, the designers, members, and Cheery Os, are literally (yes--literally!! LOL) the best.
Oh, you won't get thrown out for breaking the rules, no one has thrown me out yet. hahaha!
As for the journaling on your challenge page, you can always add it and if the challenge host feels it doesn't fit the rules, they will message you. You can always turn that layer off and reupload the page without it. Does that make sense?

@Cherylndesigns You must have come back from the nursery rejuvenated. Isn't it crazy how houses next door can get such different weather patterns with the wind and sun? My across-the-street neighbor's daffodils have been blooming for weeks, and mine are still extremely straggly and small.
C'mom OK Weather-- cooperate with Cheryl so she can get the bench set up. Chuck sure would enjoy seeing it there, and you on it. Hugs~~~

@mywisecrafts If you bump your DH from the vaca roster, I'd be more than happy to take his place LOL!

@vickyday
before
View attachment 416823
this is after
View attachment 416822
I'll tell ya, it's rough on the self-esteem working with a team that's in their 20's :giggle4:
Glad that the sunburn is so much better!

Kay - how wonderful that the memorial service was recorded and you could attend virtually.

@scrapinmom OMG, your grandson is 4 yo?? I feel like he was just born! How awful for him and you that he got so sick while mom and dad were away. I bet they felt bad too. :(
Hearing him say he was having a good time with you must have made you so happy!

HAGD!! xo
Your hair looks GREAT!! I love it! What do you use on your curly hair? The whole shebang....tell me please!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good afternoon!
I made a trip to Wally world today to get cash for our PA trip next week and picked up some toiletries and a new cross over bag that is a bit bigger than my current one. Picked up some Arby's roast beef sandwiches while I was out. I have hamburger thawing to make Mark some meatloaf for supper tonight. Hopefully he won't eat it all this weekend so he will have enough to make some meatloaf sandwiches while I'm gone next week.
Other than that, no big plans for today. I'm moving some files from my scrapbooking EHD because I'm out of room! I need to order another EHD.
The weather is sunny but cool today and the wind continues to blow!
Have a great weekend!

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
@mywisecrafts @faerywings WHAT are you two up to???!!! Don't tell me I need to do this ...... again!!!???

giphy.gif

Your hair looks awesome Miss Faery!! :yourecute:

AK_Tracy

I know I am late the party, and it looks like a fun party, but I feel like I am missing things too. The second post in the thread comments on things that feel random. :knifehead: Are they carry over from other day conversations? Private messages? Sorry, just trying to find my space and I confuse easily. :crazy: It might be the snow that's still happening every night/morning freezing my brain.:cold:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
I know I am late the party, and it looks like a fun party, but I feel like I am missing things too. The second post in the thread comments on things that feel random. :knifehead: Are they carry over from other day conversations? Private messages? Sorry, just trying to find my space and I confuse easily. :crazy: It might be the snow that's still happening every night/morning freezing my brain.:cold:
Hey Tracy, yes, those posts relate to previous conversations in the previous day's Daily Oooos thread, you can view these threads as an ongoing conversation between friends, just broken up into daily (or weekend) threads. Just dive in and join the chat with just what you want to share about yourself........... you don't need to reply to each and every member's post so no need to feel overwhemled as you begin. :)

Chris (aka @faerywings) looks after this thread and as been doing so since the year dot (or when Moses came down from the mountain with those tablets in hand :lol23::lol23::lol23:) so she can fill you in more. :))

JeanneMN

I watched a little over 4 hours of volleyball yesterday and I left with a serious case of bleacher butt, and it was one of those aluminum bleachers with the raised ridges, I think I still have ridges on top of dimples this morning. That's where the brain cells must have leaked to because I had a terrible time uploading to the challenge gallery, I love how easy it actually is, but I think that's why I'm having so much trouble. Einstein would be proud. You're probably looking for eye sanitizer about now. It got up to 82 here yesterday so people were out on bikes and walks. I'm trying not to be overly excited because I'm sure this coming week it'll drop back into the freeze zone. I'm so jealous of those of you getting treasures at the nursery already ,around here we wait till Memorial weekend to do planting and even then we're not always safe. With the super mild winter and up and down temps I'm worried that some of my shrubs won't bloom this year, but then maybe this is what some of my lazy hydrangeas that didn't get around to blooming last year need to bloom. We lost more fish this year too because of the fluctuating temps. Usually, they stop eating and go dormant when the weather gets cold, but with the roller coaster weather they ate off and, on all winter, so when it got cold and they went dormant again, that food rots inside of them, sort of like a bad case of fish constipation and gas. More volleyball today, not sure what time yet, but will take the bleacher chairs with us today, and because we're doing that you know her team will only play one game today :floorlaugh:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Happy Sunday! I hope that your day looks as pretty as mine does so far. It's cool but should be sunny and near 70* this afternoon. A perfect day to be outside. Yessss! (finally!)

Before I do my usual "blah blah blah" I want to welcome all of the new people popping in as part of the O-Fam. I know it can be confusing and intimidating to throw yourself into a group that has its own rhythm so let me lay down the rules.

1. There are no rules!
Elmo-Flames-Meme.jpg

2. Rule #1 is not entirely accurate. The real rule is that this is a no-pressure area. You post/read/comment whenever and however you want. I typically open the thread each morning since I am on the East Coast and have trouble sleeping past 5 am. But if there isn't a thread when you are here, please, feel free to start one. These posts are for everyone, they do *not* belong to me.
3. I typically post my "opening" and then reply to everyone from the day before. Some of us do that, and some of us just give a run-down of their day. However, it works for you is good. There is no need or expectation to respond to everyone. No stress!
4. Ignore the days and dates I post. I am seriously date-challenged and frequently type the wrong day/date/month. I don't think I've ever messed up the year. (probably b/c I don't write the year in the posts LOL)
5. This is more of an advisement than a rule. I have an ... "odd" sense of humor that occasionally doesn't come through in what I have typed. If there is ever something I wrote that comes across as negative, 99.9999999% chance it's just me being weird. I also am the worst typist and I use spell check which sometimes autocorrects in unusual ways. Ignore that. :giggle4:
6. Final and most important- have fun :D

Maybe some of the old-timers would like to do a quick intro?

I'm Chris. I live in New Jersey with my DH, Gary. My daughter Caitlyn is getting married in September but her fiance Tom just moved in with us because they haven't been able to find somewhere to live that they can afford. My son, Scott moved out in Sept with his girlfriend Sam. We have two dogs (Whisky and Jaida) and my DD has two pets rats (Pigeon and Mouse). My favorite thing to do is to be outside. I recently started working PT at an ecology center as an environmental educator. I used to teach Preschool so this job combines being with kids and teaching them about the environment. Can't get much better than that!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Did you all have a fantastic day yesterday?
I don't even know what I did... Oh yes. I had to redo Caitlyn's shower invitation. To get the free invites, I needed to set it up differently than how I had it. But the invites went out which means I better get my butt in gear.
This afternoon is more Field trip training and it looks like it's going to be awesome weather for it.

@JeanneMN Did you sleep any later this morning than you did yesterday? I love the "polishing" of your hair. My natural hair color is blah brown, now sprinkled with lots of grey. I've been blond since I was 13 - with one time I tried to go back to brown and hated it.
I am a water girl too- but I *love* the ocean.
Make sure you link me up with the T-shirt page when you scrap it :)

@BrightEyes Sounds like you are getting everything set up just the way you like it on the new computer. I used FontBase to organize my fonts so I don't have to install all of them. You can tag them and then search by tags. It's free and super helpful to me.
Yo-yo weather-- yup, same here. Hope it isn't aggravating your joints too much.

@Cherylndesigns I think those places for the bench and totem will be amazing. What lovely views! My hair will never get that same level of even curls again. I have tight curls in front and at my nape. Everywhere else, it has straightish sections of an inch or so, just enough to make it look silly :D

@vickyday The salon uses Milkshake products but they are $$$. I looked on Amazon and one bottle runs about $25. I'll see if they ever have that brand at TJ Maxx. I used Fructis and Caitlyn swears by Aussie's curl line.
Glad to hear you made it out of Walmart in one piece and sanity intact.

@mywisecrafts Where do you wan to go first? What kind of trouble can we stir up? :potstirrer:

@wombat146 We would invite you along but we need to keep someone we trust on the outside.:jail1:
Thanks for always bailing us out LOL

@AK_Tracy So happy to see you here! if you have any questions, please just ask away. We (mostly me) use a bunch of acronyms which can get confusing too. I think we have a pos somewhere of them. I'll see if I can find it and link to it.
No worries about being :crazy:-- we all are here. (I think it stems from me, my kookiness is contagious and I take full responsibility. :floorlaugh:)
When I am replying to the previous day's comments, I have a tab op[en from yesterday and a tab for today. I have two monitors so it's easy for me to go back and forth. But like I said-- no need to do that unless you want to.

How long will it keep snowing where you live? I don't think I would last a week in AK. You must be made of strong stuff!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Good Sunday morning.

Can't chat long, because all of us are going to brunch at 11:30 I think. I say I think because it's hard to get this group on a group chat to make a hard decision on time. Roger's not going, or else, we'd have a time set in stone.

I'm Cheryl (an old timer) and I live in Oklahoma in the foothills of the Ozarks, on a ranch, commonly called around here "the compound". My DD Adrienne, SIL Roger, my late husband Chuck and I and 3 grandchildren Ava, Braden and Alyssa all live in the middle of about 50 acres. Braden is in his first year at The University of Arkansas, but comes home frequently. We all formerly lived in S. Florida and some people probably thought we were crazy for leaving there and moving here. I always say that "Paradise" doesn't have to have palm trees. We have rental properties on another part of the ranch and they've become part of the family (the people not the properties). :lol23: I love to garden, and you'll hear (ad nauseum) and see pictures about my garden/plants/plant buggies, etc. I have a Labradoodle names Daisy and a tabby cat named Sam. You'll read about the other 4 "family dogs" too, because they all run around the property and they're here a lot. There are lots of shenanigans going on around here all the time, so you'll hear about those too.

Anyhoo, everybody is welcomed here - just be prepared for anything and "roll with it". Don't be surprised about anything you hear from rats to yard critters and lots of other crazy stuff. Oh, Chris @faerywings don't forget about crystal "charging" and "eclipse water". :lol23:

Like Chris said, you don't have to respond to each person, but you can if you want to. If you want them to see that you've responded just put @ and their username and they'll get notified up in that black bar where the little bell is. Example: Jeanne @JeanneMN I hope your "wrinkles" from sitting on those darn aluminum bleachers are better today. Been there, done that. :floorlaugh:

Chris @faerywings have an awesome time today. I'm glad you liked the pictures I posted yesterday. I thought it would be nice to see where the bench and totem are going to sit. To the new members of the gang, my husband passed away almost 3 months ago. This wonderful O Family sent me the most beautiful memory bench and garden totem to put out in my front garden. Problem has been that the nighttime temps have to be 65 for 3 consecutive nights in order for the adhesive to hold and they's both very heavy like concrete. We've all been anxiously waiting the the weather to cooperate. The pictures I posted yesterday are where the bench and totem will sit in my garden. I have both spots cleared out now and it's just waiting on the weather. I also bought a beautiful arch last spring and I share pictures of the growth of the vines that I planted. It doesn't take much to entertain us. :floorlaugh:

I'm going to run now and get ready so I'll be ready whenever the gang decides to go. I might pop in again later on.

Have a wonderful Sunday and hugs to everybody.

XOXO

Last edited:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, gals... can't believe I slept in until after 8AM!! And I went to sleep before 9PM!!! Could be because I talked to DD#3 and she had arrived home from visiting with DD#2 at midnight the night before. As she said it was a long tiring drive from Branson, MO back to Albuquerque. Told her to relax and recover and come down to visit later on this week. I also got messages from DSon#1... they got the keys to the new apartment, had their job orientation on Friday and will start work this week.

So glad to see the new gals joining in the chat here. Brief background on me. I am Kay also known here as Bright Eyes. My hubby died 6 years ago - I live alone. I have five grown (in their 60's - married) kids and grandkids and great-grands. I usually refer to them by number oldest to youngest in posts- DD#1 and family (hubby, daughter & son-in-law and 2 granddaughters) in Phoenix, AZ: DD#2 & her hubby live in Branson, Mo; DSon#1 and wife in Las Vegas, NV; DSon#2 and wife just south of Washington, DC; and DD#3 and family (hubby, 2 sons and grandson) live 20 miles north of me (we are actually in Rio Rancho which is right next to Albuquerque, NM). I refer to my Sons-in-laws and Daughters-in-law by the same number as their wife/hubby... DSon-in-law#1 - married to DD#1. I was born in New Mexico then hubby joined the US Navy (20 years) and we moved from coast to coast. He then worked for an aerospace company under contract to the Navy for another (20 years). We lived in Cairo, Egypt for 3 years in 1987-1990. We moved to south Texas when he retired then 4 years later (2000) we moved back to our home state - New Mexico and settled in the Albuquerque area.

Yes, most of us have a quirky sense of humor... I would say that Chris (faerywings) infected us with hers... but I have had it all my life!!! :spinningchair: And Ona (wombat) keeps us in line by snapping us with wet noodles occasionally! (where is our wet noodle Smilie??)

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I'm back - waiting on the girls. I also have another DD, Steph and her son, my youngest GS, Asher, who's almost 13. They live in St. Louis, MO. Cameron, oldest GS, is 27 and still lives in Florida and Jordan, 25, lives in Michigan and has a baby girl (my GGD) Kinleigh, who just turned 3. I think I've included everybody.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Morning, gals... can't believe I slept in until after 8AM!! And I went to sleep before 9PM!!! Could be because I talked to DD#3 and she had arrived home from visiting with DD#2 at midnight the night before. As she said it was a long tiring drive from Branson, MO back to Albuquerque. Told her to relax and recover and come down to visit later on this week. I also got messages from DSon#1... they got the keys to the new apartment, had their job orientation on Friday and will start work this week.

So glad to see the new gals joining in the chat here. Brief background on me. I am Kay also known here as Bright Eyes. My hubby died 6 years ago - I live alone. I have five grown (in their 60's - married) kids and grandkids and great-grands. I usually refer to them by number oldest to youngest in posts- DD#1 and family (hubby, daughter & son-in-law and 2 granddaughters) in Phoenix, AZ: DD#2 & her hubby live in Branson, Mo; DSon#1 and wife in Las Vegas, NV; DSon#2 and wife just south of Washington, DC; and DD#3 and family (hubby, 2 sons and grandson) live 20 miles north of me (we are actually in Rio Rancho which is right next to Albuquerque, NM). I refer to my Sons-in-laws and Daughters-in-law by the same number as their wife/hubby... DSon-in-law#1 - married to DD#1. I was born in New Mexico then hubby joined the US Navy (20 years) and we moved from coast to coast. He then worked for an aerospace company under contract to the Navy for another (20 years). We lived in Cairo, Egypt for 3 years in 1987-1990. We moved to south Texas when he retired then 4 years later (2000) we moved back to our home state - New Mexico and settled in the Albuquerque area.

Yes, most of us have a quirky sense of humor... I would say that Chris (faerywings) infected us with hers... but I have had it all my life!!! :spinningchair: And Ona (wombat) keeps us in line by snapping us with wet noodles occasionally! (where is our wet noodle Smilie??)
Jenn @
DANGER!!! DANGER!!! Don't be drinking coffee when popping back in here!!! Choked and spit coffee when I saw these, @wombat146 and @Cherylndesigns
Yes, there are lots of "choking hazards" around here. :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: We need to send out the Bat Signal to Jenn @joyfulheartdesignsto make us a wet noodle emoji and a spitting coffee emoji. There might be a similar one to the spitting coffee, I'll have to look. :floorlaugh: Here it is :coffeescreen:

Last edited:

AK_Tracy

Looks like I will mostly only see you all when drinking my coffee and you're all headed into afternoon! LOL I am so totally loving the humor and jokes here. I am so sarcastic at times that people think I'm just rude. Thanks to hubs I have developed my black sense of humor. I love murder shows/books and yeah the joke going around online about seeing so many shows like that I could make it look like Santa Claus did it, is often used at my house. I know the post of introduce yourself is suppose to be where I put all this but I tend to "wallflower" at first and then vomit info when comfortable. so here we go. I live in AK (duh my name says so) and its still very much winter. Well, actually we are in break up now (where everything breaks up, snow ice mud) and its snowed almost every days in April so far. BUT we now have over 12 hours daylight and I will take that!!!! Been married over 30 years, four kids, three grands, which you wont see here as I dont post my kids/grands but I have a dog you'll see lots of. We have four in the family but only one is mine. I prayed for a dog that was just mine and oh boy did God deliver. She's so sweet and SO mine. They all four love me but my Nessie is special and all mine. Until hunting season than she follows hubs everywhere.