Oscraps

August Art Journal Challenge Week 1 - All About Summer

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
Week 1 - Our theme for the month is Summer...and this week I want you to focus on this prompt:

an excerpt from "In Summer Time" by Paul Laurence Dunbar
Just for the joy of being there
And drinking in the summer air,
The summer sounds, and summer sights,
That set a restless mind to rights

What images come to your mind? What sounds? What occasions do you think of? What do you feel inside?

This mood board is what came to mind for myself...you can be inspired by its colors, its photos, its feelings, or nothing at all!

AJJulyMoodBoardSummer.jpg

Here is my layout for the challenge. For some reason, these summer images brought me back to 2009 and a beach concert my husband played at.

My notes are in the gallery description of how I blended and made this page.

Challenge Rules:
You have until 11:59 p.m. ET on August 30th to complete your pages for this challenge

To qualify for the drawing, you need to use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store (non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not).

You need to credit all the products used on your page.

You cannot use a page you create for this challenge for another Oscraps challenge.

Upload your page to the Art Journal Gallery and then add your layout to the challenge thread. (Below you will find instructions on adding your page to this thread.)

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
As I was looking through my photos I came across one from the summer of 2021, I had grown sweet peas that year and I can remember this particular day, standing in the garden smelling the sweet fragrance of the sweet peas wafting around me. It was simply a perfect day weather wise, sun shining, not too hot and a soft breeze coming up from the sea, and I was totally 'in that moment'. I love how photos can bring back not simply a memory, but the feelings and thoughts along with them. I also had to add that quote you shared in your post, it fitted my layout perfectly! Thanks for hosting Susie!

Cath VP

A dust in this great universe
I love the return of long days of light and the magical colors of the flowers in my garden. I need daylight!
Thank you for this challenge and for letting me take the time and fun to choose my elements among all the wonderful kits!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I was inspired by this picture that I got today of my grandson and GGD, Kinleigh. Ava is in Michigan visiting and she took this sweet picture of them walking at an outdoor mall. I love summer nights and this picture was my inspiration.