Oscraps

AnnaLift Challenge 09.30.22 - 10.14.22

NAdams

aA Creative Team Member
Hello aArtists!

It’s time for another challenge from Anna Aspnes. The AnnaTeam selects a creative page or design concept from the Anna gallery as the ‘AnnaLift.’ Be inspired, create your own ‘AnnaLift,’ upload your page to the Anna gallery and include it here in this forum thread. Upload your page by Friday 10.14.22 by 8:00 pm EST with the title, ‘AnnaLift. ’ One lucky participant will be randomly selected to win a $5.00 GiftKard to Anna’s shop.

HOW IT WORKS: On Saturday the AnnaTeam posts a creative concept from the Anna gallery as the ‘AnnaLift.’ Check out the inspiration and decide what speaks to you. Is it the design, the color, the wordART, or maybe the photo? Then enjoy artfully playing—there is no right or wrong way to ArtPlay.

Choose ONE idea to lift or choose it ALL and lift it completely. Be inspired, create your ‘AnnaLift’ and then upload your page to the Anna gallery, plus include it here in this forum thread. It would be great if you could link back to your page in the gallery too!

Anna’s products mix well with so many kits/designers and Anna welcomes you to include these with your Anna Products on your AnnaLift page.

If you’ve never challenged yourself to an AnnaLift—just do it!

If you’ve never posted or shared your AnnaLift—just do it!

If you have time to leave some love for someone in the gallery—do it too!
(Your kind words may inspire and encourage someone!)

Please post your art in this thread and link to the Anna Aspnes gallery to win the $5 giftcard.

isDK-autumn-has-arrived.jpg

Autumn Has Arrived by isDK

Autumn Has Arrived by isDK focuses on the elegant and artistic fractal design. Awash in fall hues of golden brown, soft green, and wine the spiraling fractal evolves into patterns reminiscent of petal and lace. The painterly ground flows from the image. The design is centrally focused and appears to repeat in a decorative banner accent. Dimensional leaves and ribbon add depth and interest. isDk is known for precision in balance. Colorful word bits are balanced with a color scheme tag. The title combines fonts of script and type for dynamic play on line echoed in the ribbon.

Thank you, isDK, for sharing your stunning and inspirational artistry.

IDEAS TO INSPIRE: Use ONE or MORE of the following in your AnnaLift layout.

• Use a dominating focal image to tell your story . . .
• Repeat a section of the image as a decorative band. . .
• Use bold patterns to capture the emotion or season . . .
• Use paint and colors in a paint sample. . .
• Use ribbons and elements for dimension . . .
• Apply impasto paints for texture . . .
• Use a word art title and word bits for journaling. . .

PRODUCTS TO INSPIRE:

Artplay Palette Aspera
Artplay MiniPalette Cider
FotoBlendz Overlays No. 5
Multimedia Daisies No. 2
Reverie WordArt Mix No. 1
LeafSprinklez No.1

Upload your page by Friday at 8:00 pm (EST) with the title, ‘AnnaLift ’ and one page will be randomly selected to win a $5 GiftKard to Anna's store. The winner will be posted here on SATURDAY.

Hint: Multiple entries are welcome! Use a separate post - number for each!

We hope our AnnaLift inspires your creativity. You know we always LOVE to see how you ArtPlay.
Thanks for ArtPLAY-ing with us!

Anna and the aA Team

Last edited:

isDK

I managed to lift the frame shape (rather roughly), color swatches, and the ribbon behind. I changed the leaves to zentangle feathers. I thought long and hard, but couldn't find a way to incorporate the extra strip photo concept this time, unless I made another fractal. Some wouldn't want that. :D

lacy

aA Creative Team Member
I have been stumped on this one since the day it was posted. I wanted to try a fractal, but that didn't work, I don't have the patience. ;) But I do have patience (or used to) for quilting, and ArtPlay Patience turned out to be perfect for this. In the end, it was somewhat challenging, but fun!

NAdams

aA Creative Team Member
I managed to lift the frame shape (rather roughly), color swatches, and the ribbon behind. I changed the leaves to zentangle feathers. I thought long and hard, but couldn't find a way to incorporate the extra strip photo concept this time, unless I made another fractal. Some wouldn't want that. :D

Beautiful lift! I love how you have used the texture on the ground and the word bits!

NAdams

aA Creative Team Member
I have been stumped on this one since the day it was posted. I wanted to try a fractal, but that didn't work, I don't have the patience. ;) But I do have patience (or used to) for quilting, and ArtPlay Patience turned out to be perfect for this. In the end, it was somewhat challenging, but fun!
The quilt is gorgeous! I am certain that everyone will be pleased! I am glad you were able to use the lift concept for this special design!

NAdams

aA Creative Team Member
Thank you for the many beautiful designs inspired by isDK!

The winner of the giftkard is Amandajk - number 8!

Congratulations to our winner!