Oscraps

Anna Lift - 2018 Quilt, Patience
lacy

Anna Lift - 2018 Quilt, Patience

I started with my quilt photo clipped to the Framed Masks 10-2 distressed mask layer, removing all the other layers. Then went searching for a paper, settling on Patience Artsy Paper 1, then added/blended Chevron Girl Craze paper 4 with blend mode Soft Light @ 37% opacity above it. Next, I extracted my brother from another picture and placed with drop shadow and a warm photo filter on Screen Blend Mode, at 26% opacity. I placed FotoBlendz Overlay 2-5 at the top, transformed to a thinner, longer strip, and clipped a portion of the quilt photo to it. Next, I place MultiMedia Document 7-2, adding a warm photo filter to the envelope layer. I embellished with other Patience elements, Word Art Establish word transfer, Life Unfold, and One Step, changing Step to Stitch (font Constantia) and the year 2018 (same font), all with a Bevel/Emboss layer style, and Beaded Threadz Patience. Button Threadz No. 2-11 added on top of the button in the cluster, plus MultiMedia Hearts 2-3, adjusting the hue of the bottom heart from tan to pink. Finished with journaling.
Credits list
Art Play Palette Patience (paper, word art, elements)
Art Play Palette Girl Craze Chevron Paper 4 (available in the Play Value Pack)
MultiMedia Documents No. 7-2
Framed Masks No. 10-2
FotoBlendz Overlays No. 2-5
Button Threadz No. 2-11
MultiMedia Hearts No. 2-3
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Anna Aspnes
  • Love
Reactions: ksacry and NAdams
Wow! Perfect use of the strip and your quilt is gorgeous! Love your beau posing to show off your quilt. He's kind of willing. And it's wonderful to show three different levels of detail. I was in our quilting guild, :rolleyes: 25 yrs. ago before eye surgery, which is to say I was fanatical about them back along the way, but now I just use them.

Everything is perfect here - the quilt finishing (bravo!!), the story, the presentation! The ric rac like the zig zag border, well, just everything! I love this!

You've done a fabulous job with the quilt and I love that you've included it in a strip across the top of the page!

Gorgeous page. My mother was a quilter, and I cherish the quilts I have that she made. I love the photo of the person hugging the quilt, your beautiful blends, and the quilt border at the top of your page. ♥

Love the beautiful quilt and story! Lots of work and love go into quilting. Love the accents and strip across the top, also!

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
lacy
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename