Oscraps

A terrible day today

Scrappie Irene

We are having a terrible day today.
It started with the phone call of my mother in law during breakfast. She told us that the grandmother of Manfred died. She was such a sweet grandma, just like a grandma should be.
And then during dinner my mom called that my favorite uncle in Italy, Angelo, also died today.
Can it get worse?

Sorry for venting it here, but we are so sad.

whatnext

Irene, i am so sorry to hear about all this sad news. it sounds like the people you've lost today brought a lot of joy to your world. ((hugs)) to you and your family.

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Irene...that is a bad day indeed. To find the silver lining here, better to have all your grieving at once instead of spread out...but man that sucks. Hugs!!

Dumpty

back hOme and loving it
OH Irene, I'm so sorry ... my thoughts are with you and your family
(((hugs )))

Ellen

oh how sad and both on the same day too. Gecondoleerd Irene en de rest van de familie
May be they are talking up there and comparing notes about you.

big hugs.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
two loved ones in one day......how very sad for you Irene and your family! hugs and lots of peaceful and loving thoughts being sent to you! xx

Scrappie Irene

Many thanks girls.
I still can't believe what happened yesterday.

Unfortunately I cannot go to the funeral of my uncle. He lived in Italy and the funeral is tomorrow already.
It's a whole day drive from the Netherlands and my father's health isn't good at the moment, it would be too much for him, two long drives and a funeral in 3 day.

The funeral of the grandmother of Manfred is on Monday.

donnagoar

I am so sorry, Irene. Such a very difficult time for you and your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Scrappie Irene

Today we said goodbye to my husbands grandmother. It was a very nice service with Russian accordeon music, played by a family friend. He played with so much emotion, it was gorgeous and we all know grandma would have loved to hear the Russian songs she knew for her childhood in the Ukrain.

Now we all try to go back to normal life again. My vacation started today and we are going to Germany next week. So this week I have a lot of time for relaxing, scrapping and photography.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Irene, its sounds like it was a lovely service and no doubt your grandmother was right there in spirit enjoying it all!! take care and have a nice rest in Germany! xx