Oscraps

A Blast from the Past - Genealogy in the Gallery - November

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
Wow! November already. Didn't we just celebrate the new year? Sigh! But we ARE moving into the holiday season here in the US. My favorite time of the year! Lots of time off and more time to scrap and research!

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
I know, it is amazing and shocking when I look back and see that 2022 is coming to an end.

Wanted to share this layout, featuring my mother, in the backyard of the home I grew up in, from 1936. I just LOVE her bonnet. :)
Oh, I love it! @mcurtt I just have to ask - are you Salvationists? This looks just like my Salvation Army bonnet. I have two - the one from New Zealand is smaller than my American one.

mcurtt

Oh, I love it! @mcurtt I just have to ask - are you Salvationists? This looks just like my Salvation Army bonnet. I have two - the one from New Zealand is smaller than my American one.
No, the family was all raised Catholic. I think it was just a hat she liked. But I agree, it does look like a Salvation Army bonnet.

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
Years ago, I found this picture of my Grandmother holding my Mom in 1934. It was very badly damaged and I spent ages restoring it. When I was happy with it, I had it printed on a very large canvas and sent it to my mom for her 70th birthday. My grandmother, as you can see, was quite a striking woman, and Mom inherited her extremely, piercing dark eyes. Looking at this picture and I can see that although I have my Dad's pale skin tone and green eyes, I have my Mom's facial expressions — especially her smile.

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
Years ago, I found this picture of my Grandmother holding my Mom in 1934. It was very badly damaged and I spent ages restoring it. When I was happy with it, I had it printed on a very large canvas and sent it to my mom for her 70th birthday. My grandmother, as you can see, was quite a striking woman, and Mom inherited her extremely, piercing dark eyes. Looking at this picture and I can see that although I have my Dad's pale skin tone and green eyes, I have my Mom's facial expressions — especially her smile.

I wish more people would take the time to restore their photos - or to scrap and share them for that matter. This photo is such a treasure, Vicki!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I just posted this in the gallery for the November Heritage Challenge. It was the last outing that I took with my parents about a year ago in 2008. Dad wanted to go to a local park to look at the leaves and I got some great shots of them. I'm going to be scrapping more from this day, because Dad's health went downhill after this and I'm so thankful for this last time he was able to get out and enjoy nature.

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
I just posted this in the gallery for the November Heritage Challenge. It was the last outing that I took with my parents about a year ago in 2008. Dad wanted to go to a local park to look at the leaves and I got some great shots of them. I'm going to be scrapping more from this day, because Dad's health went downhill after this and I'm so thankful for this last time he was able to get out and enjoy nature.

What a lovely LO, Cheryl! So glad you got to spend this time with them and shared it with us!

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O

My father's family is Salvation Army. I didn't know that it was a type of religion until my Dad told me how he grew up. When his parents moved here from Minnesota, they stopped going to church and I never knew my Dad was raised in the church! My Mom was Catholic, so eventually he converted when we kids were young.

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
Here is my November Heritage layout! I might have more before the month is through...

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
My father's family is Salvation Army. I didn't know that it was a type of religion until my Dad told me how he grew up. When his parents moved here from Minnesota, they stopped going to church and I never knew my Dad was raised in the church! My Mom was Catholic, so eventually he converted when we kids were young.
Small world, huh? Since we left officership because of my now-ex's PTSD I haven't been to a Corps. The nearest is 50 miles one way and I can't do it, I'm sad to say. Resources and back just don't stretch that far. But God knows I'm here. We talk regularly and I sing to him although my once beautiful voice doesn't work so well any more! He doesn't mid a bit.