Oscraps

Stay
Recently was searching for some old photos and came across one from Ireland, my grandfather's two brothers (one was his twin). My grandfather left home (it was rumored that he was wanted by the law). His younger brother Paddy was imprisoned for his activities in the IRA (later released).
Credits list
On Sale February 24 - March 2
Artplay Palette Sojourn (paper, transfers, label word, foliage, buttons, ticket, overlay, ribbon)
Artsy Transfers Sojourn (paint layers, splatters)
ArchiTextures 4
Framed Masks 2
Sojourn WordART Mix 1

Other
Artplay Palette Quaintville (paper)
Artplay Palette Savor (transfer, label word)

Process
A solid paper from APP Sojourn was used as the foundation of the page. Brush 8 from Architexture 4 was stamped on the page and resized. Artsy paper 1 from APP Quaintville was clipped to the brush, duplicated 3 more times with the blending mode changed to linear burn. The layers were merged and duplicated again to give the brush color, depth and texture. The green paint layers (blending modes changed to color burn) from AT Sojourn were layered over the buildings. The photo was clipped to the frame mask. A transfer from APP Savor was layered behind the frame. The image of my grandfather was extracted and custom shadows were created. The page was completed by adding more transfers from APP Sojourn, tape layers from AT Sojourn, word art and dimensional embellishments.

Thank you for looking!
Designer(s) Used:
  1. Anna Aspnes
  • Love
Reactions: Bakmary and zlemon
Exciting family history! Love the wonderful extraction and the idea to have him standing on the postcard as part of him leaving home.

That extraction just pops off the page! great work! love your use of this palette to tell a great story!

Beautiful heritage page. The green sings and moves my eye around. Love your colorful family story.

Magnifique page sur votre histoire de famille. Belle extraction, très beau travail.

Love this and giggle at the family drama. Love the look back and artsy page.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Miki
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename