Oscraps

Niagara
Joansmor

Niagara

Inspiration – I am not able to bear weight on my right leg after my operation and won’t be for a couple of weeks. So photo rides are out of the question. So I have been reviewing some very old pictures. This is from a trip to Niagara when my husband was still alive.
Start – File>New 12x12 300
Paper – Put Solid Paper 1 over the background layer
Mask – MultiLayered Fotoblendz 7.4 I placed on the page and applied blend mode Darker Color
Photo – Added the photo above the mask and used Layer>Create clipping mask. I duplicated the photo and applied Bend Mode Color Burn to it.
Transfer – Placed Transfer 8 above and behind the photos. I duplicated the transfer and flipped it vertical. Then I applied a mask and removed part of the transfer so it didn’t look like a duplicate. I also removed some of both copies from under the photos so the blue didn’t show through. Then added Artsy Transfer 3 behind and below the photos. Reduced the opacity to 75% plus added a mask again to remove some under the picture so the colors wouldn’t show though.
Elements – Created a title cluster with two copies of the daisy, the heart, the watch and the ribbon. I used Ctrl U to change the color. Put Urban stitches 13.14 over the stem of one of the daisy.
Brushes – Put Around the Clock 2.7 under the cluster. Then I put Brus 2 over the transfer to add a little texture
Words – Added the wood words The and View which I used CTRL I on. Then used the word transfer to fill a gap between the photo and the edge of the paper.
  • Love
Reactions: zlemon and ksacry
I hope you feel better and are able to move around better soon!! We went to Niagara Falls back in 2001 and it was magnificent. You really captured the misty charm of it! I love your blending and your title cluster!

Standing O

As soon as I saw the picture, I knew it was Niagara Falls! Beautiful blending and page! Congrats on the Standing O!

Beautiful...glad that you got a chance to look through old photos. Niagara Falls is a bucket list item for me and this photo shows why! Congratulations on the Standing O! Hope your healing is swift.

Layout information

Category
Anna Aspnes
Added by
Joansmor
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename