Oscraps

Eloise Bray
Journaling reads:
Eloise Ernestine Bray
20 July 1925 Broken Bow, Oklahoma
17 Oct 2006, Texarkana, Texas
Eloise was my 2nd cousin her grandfather and my grandpa were half-brothers, although I suspect that word “half” never passed Grandpa’s lips. Family is family, never mind how you got them. Grandpa was 26 years younger than Nassie and 3rd from the last of 21 children.
Eloise was the oldest of the Bray children. She grew up with 3 brothers and from what I’ve heard could give back as good as she got. But she could also be sweet and feminine, a pillar of the community, and loved everything artistic and craftsy.

However, as sweet as she could be one minute, the next she could be terrifying. As the pictures at left show, she could change rather quickly, and the thunder would begin to roll. When people saw this last face, everyone ran and hid. She could praise you and make you feel on top of the world one minute and flay you alive the next.

I met her 4 Jul 2002. She was a joy to meet and get to know!
Credits list
Artful Expressions 05 by Vicki Robinson
Artful Expressions 01 by Vicki Robinson (gesso at bottom)
Artful Expressions 02 by Vicki Robinson (stamp)
Artful Expressions 04 by Vicki Robinson (flower)
Time to Renew by Vicki Robinson (paint fragments)
Font: Title Betterworks, journaling John Lennon
Photos courtesy of Annette Gebert
Awesome page, Susan, and I so enjoyed reading the journaling and looking at the wonderful photos. I'm so glad you had the opportunity to meet your cousin. One of my aunts, who passed away last year, was married to a Bray, her second marriage. I never got to meet her second husband, so I'm not sure where he was from. They lived in GA.

Awesome page, Susan, and I so enjoyed reading the journaling and looking at the wonderful photos. I'm so glad you had the opportunity to meet your cousin. One of my aunts, who passed away last year, was married to a Bray, her second marriage. I never got to meet her second husband, so I'm not sure where he was from. They lived in GA.
We must chat in the genealogy thread! I have tracked the OK Bray back to GAm but have not verified where they were before I found them there in Calhoun, Gordon County in 1859. Wouldn't that be a hoot. Maybe someone really wants to be found!!

What a fabulous heritage page!!!
I love the story that you tell with your pages. Everything that you have used on this stunning page becomes a part of his journey. Beautifully done and thank you for sharing!!!

Layout information

Category
Vicki's Creative Team Inspiration
Added by
Susan - s3js
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename