Oscraps

Give It a Rest
Journaling reads:
I have spent a lifetime of trying to conform to other peoples’ vision of what I should be, how I should be and what I should look like. I’m done. I’m old (ish) and allowed to be grumpy! I’m pleasantly plump. So, STOP telling me about new diets and healthy eating - my doctor and I have this in hand. We’ve been doing this a LONG time so give it a rest!

I know you love me, but there are better ways to show it. Really! Ignore it when I look a little frumpy. I think I've earned the right to comfortable clothes and shoes, no makeup, and a casual hairdo after 52 years in the workforce, 56 if you count my babysitting business in junior high and high school. I promise I won’t embarrass you in public - too much! I’m just at the point in my life where I am saying to myself that life is too short and re-evaluating my priorities. I’d rather spend my time and money doing fun things I’ve always wanted to do and doing them with the people I love. I know it’s sometimes been hard when your friends’ mothers are so much younger and your mother could be your friends’ grandmothers. But Grandmas can be a lot of fun. Hopefully, God will let me know that joy, but I will never push you in that direction. I hated it and won’t do it to you. Once you’re in your own homes, don’t forget who and where I am. Come to visit or offer to come get me for a visit when I can no longer drive. Call me and send me pictures. They are so easy with cell phones and make old folks feel included. Mostly just LOVE me even if I’m a frumpy, grumpy old fuddy-duddy.

Process: Two papers are belnded together for the backgrund. After that, the LO is as easy as placing the elements and getting the text spaced around the graphics.
Credits list
Artful Expressions 05 by Vicki Robinson
Fonts: 1942 Report, Jenna Sue, Jason Statan, Army Thin, Artistamp Medium, Rub This!, LD Letterpress Inverted, Stamper Face
Graphics: Old woman by SylviaP Designs, Swimmers by Couleur, Meal by Mediamodifier, Frumpy lady by Dmitry Abramov all from Pixabay
LOL as I'm reading along and your pleasantly plump dolls show up. And your writing is wonderful too. Perfectly imperfect. :cool:

Layout information

Category
Vicki's Creative Team Inspiration
Added by
Susan - s3js
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename