Oscraps

WINNER ANNOUNCED: Tips & Tricks Challenge with Karen Schulz, April 2022

Karen Schulz Designs

Designer
Designer
5--ways-to-use-photoshop-brushes-tutorial-karen-schulz-07.jpg

Welcome to the Tips & Tricks Challenge of 2022! My name is Karen (Karen Schulz Designs), and I am your Hostess for this challenge.
  • Each month I will be presenting you with a Tips and Tricks Tutorial.
  • Your challenge will be to take what you learn and put it into practice.
This month we will be focusing on Photoshop Brushes and Stamps. There are so many ways to use brushes creatively on your scrapbook pages. I've posted an article on the Oscraps Blog with 5 suggestions.

1. This Month's Challenge is to read that post and create a layout using one of those suggestions OR use a brush in your favorite creative way and tell us about the technique you used.

2. Sharing Your Work:
  • Post your Preview in Oscraps Gallery and add the following tags: tips & tricks challenge and also #karen schulz
  • Link your image in this thread for a chance to win a $5.00 Gift Certificate to my store. (Linking instructions below).
3. Challenge ends April 30, 2022, at midnight, PST.

4. Please credit all products in your project.

Last edited:

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
Oh, this is a wonderful challenge - I have always thought of myself as not a fan, but reading your blog post I realized I actually use brushes all the time - as an eraser, to create a blending mask... and I love those I can use as stamps... In fact, I use brushes in practically every layout!!!

I particularly love your idea of using brushes to create journaling paper... why haven't I thought of that???

This is the page I created not long ago - I used a watercolor brush that came with the software to mask the photo - I actually prefer this method to using the masks that come with the kit - they often don't fit my photos.

Last edited:

Karen Schulz Designs

Designer
Designer
You're so right, Olga! We use brushes so many times without even realizing we are using them. Your use of a brush to create this custom mask is just one more example. Beautiful page, and I love how you used the Memory Photo Collage template too. Thanks for participating in the challenge.

Karen Schulz Designs

Designer
Designer

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Thanks for a fun challenge! Here's my layout:

Created the background paper by using a white cardstock from the kit, added the flower brush & a doodle from the kit. Then I clipped a paper from the kit onto them. Created a new layer and painted it with the Bokeh Brushes & then clipped another paper from the kit onto that. Decorated with elements from the kit. (Found the photo like this on the EHD, I've altered that ages ago, and don't remember what I did to it.)

Karen Schulz Designs

Designer
Designer
I apologize for being late here with the Winner announcement. Congratulations to Olga, who was chosen by Random.Org. I'll be sending you a $5 gift card to my shop, Olga. 2022-05-05_12-46-56.jpg