Oscraps

What are you watching: May 2020?

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
It's about PT Barnum and it's a musical (but a really good musical lol) no clue how "true" it is, but oh man it was just magical. I watched it on FX but that's just because we use Sling for our tv and they have this section of "hit movies" and it was one of the choices. It was a pretty big movie so I think it might be available on other things.

p11401553_v_v8_af.jpg

zanthia

CHEERY O
anyone watch dark on netflix - its german. seems that the us version is dubbed but one review i saw said that you should change it back to subtitles as american voices are not in synch and not the best voice acting. so if you saw it how did you watch it

seniorgal

Anyone watch Good Dog on Hulu? Got stress?

I just signed up for Hulu and could use some suggestions for good shows. I like the old fashioned kind that are mild and good, comic or romance. I can't seem to find too much
I like so far.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
Zanthia, I haven't heard of Dark but will check it out

Barbara I haven't spent much time on hulu, but will try to check out Good Dog and anything else that fits that.

seniorgal

It's not the type of movie I usually watch and wouldn't watch others like it. It's a horror thing but just came out on Hulu and I gave it a try. It is staying with me. Eck.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
We have been watching Homeland and Killing Eve on Hulu.
30 Rock and The Mindy Project are on it too. I can't seem to reach that far back into my brain to think of what else we watch...

zanthia

CHEERY O
on hulu I would highly recommend handmaids tale

some other good originals there are
The Act
Veronica Mars ( original season for hulu )

these 2 are new and havent seen them yet but i want to
Little Fires Everywhere
The Great

for movie hulu has last years best picture winner Parasite ( made history as first foreign film to win best picture )hubby who does not like subtitles even liked it.

zanthia

CHEERY O
greatest showman is fabulous - its a musical starring hugh jackman

it is not horror

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Def. recommend The Handmaid's Tale. I really liked Little Fires, my husband not as much.
That also reminds me that Scandal has moved from Netflix to Hulu too if you like political drama (unlike what we are living in reality!LOL)

seniorgal

My Hulu is not working. The movie I select doesn't play and I just get a black screen. I can get movies from other sites.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
Barbara, I would contact them and see if they can tell you how to fix that! That's not good.

I liked Handmaid's Tale but wow, I don't think I could handle it right now lol

janedee

We've been watching a Spanish series Money Heist (4 seasons). Its dubbed but the voices are good and the plot is awesome!

I've also watched a few episodes of The Man in the High Castle (dystopian) and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (hilarious).

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Yeah, Handmaid's Tale was very intense, even a couple of years ago, can't imagine now!

Jane, hubby and I watched a couple of episodes of Mrs. Maisel when it first came out and we weren't hooked. Is it something that needs a few more times to really get into it? I know so many people who love it.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
Mrs Maisel definitely took a few episodes for me to get into. I ended up loving it and couldn't wait for season two. But, I still haven't even started season 2 yet now...

janedee

It definitely took a few episodes to get into it Chris. Its not a show i can binge watch - more an episode here or there.

seniorgal

Has anyone tried Hoopla. I got it free from my library and you may be able to also.
It has wonderful mild movies like:
Shall we Dance with Richard Gere
Enchanted April (my favorite movie of all time)
The Magic of Belle Isle with Morgan Freeman
and many others.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I just signed up for Hoopla through my local library. Super cool! Thanks Barbara!

Now, I just need to figure out how to add the app to fireTV.

edited to add, it was super easy to add to firetv - just used the microphone button on the remote to say hoopla and it will pull up hoopla digital for you. You download, open, press next and it pops up a code. Go to https://www.hoopladigital.com/link and type in that code and you are ready to go!

Now I need to see if I can use that to get books on my kindle like I do with overdrive :)

Last edited: