Oscraps

What are you watching: May 2020?

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
We are starting to run out of TV shows. We seemed to have more on the DVR or lined up to stream than we had time to watch. And now, it seems like we are finishing up all of that and so many are in limbo.

We have Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon Prime. Since we don't ever go to movies or out to eat (even before COVID we were total homebodies :D ), our "entertainment" budget is for streaming services.
Some of what we are/have watched recently-
Bosch
Scandal
Homeland
Homecoming

(what else, totally drawing a blank!)

What We Do in the Shadows (we watched Season 1 three times, it is that hysterical!)
Upload

So that is a sample of what we are watching now.
What is on your DVR/Streaming Queue?

zanthia

CHEERY O
since we are no longer able to go to movies ( that was our entertainment as had AMC movie pass) , we got netflix.

currently watching White lines
recently watched Hollywood, Tiger King, Dead to me, Sabrina, Messiah, Ozark, You and other stuff.

i also watched as hubby had no interest Anne with an E and virgin river.

on network tv, last nite finished how to get away with murder - what a final episode. next up is the second half of this season of blacklist along with New Amsterdam.

still havent watched this season of greys anatomy so will do that on netflix ( never recorded it as last suumer watched on netflix and liked it commercial free )

typically do get netflix just for a couple of months during the summer.

if you cant tell i watch way too much tv

Last edited by a moderator:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
We watch way too much TV too-
We also watched Messiah, Ozark, and currently on Season 2 of Dead to me. Yup, also finished HTGAWM, and we were 3 episodes away from finishing Scandal when it was removed from Netflix. :frusty:

How is New Amsterdam?

Anyone watch Killing Eve? Seasons 1-2 are on Hulu...

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I found Dead to Me season one really stressful to watch. How is season 2?

I'm finding my tolerance for suspense, drama, etc to be really, really low right now so I'm watching a lot of food tv which is doing really bad things for my diet....

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
We watched Episode Two of Dead to Me, it is twisty and turn-y, so might not be a good fit.

I cannot recommend What We Do in the Shadows enough if you like over the top, goofy comedies. It is not your typical vampire show. I don't think we watch very much "light" TV. Other than that one, the big recs that I have are 30 Rock, Parks and Rec, Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
We have been watching Ray Donovan and now on season 3. We try to find some good Movies on the weekends to watch we watched Wayco last week and really enjoyed that. Also like to watch Ozark, and a few others. DH and I are usually tuckered out by the end of the day and usually fall asleep to most of the shows LOL.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I'm currently binging The Big Flower Fight on Netflix and loving it. It's just the lighthearted artsy thing my soul needs right now.

maxresdefault.jpg

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I found out last night that Avatar: The Last Airbender is back streaming on Netflix. It hasn't been available for streaming in the US for quite awhile, so I highly recommend giving it a watch now. I cannot recommend the show more highly. (If you saw the Last Airbender movie, please don't hold it against the TV show. It was an abomination that thanks to Lake Laogai no longer exists. (Which you will understand after watching the show.))

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Vicki- that sounds like a fun reality show :)
Cindy- I watched that show with my kids a few times when they were younger, Scott's girlfriend bought him some DVDs a while ago, but I know that they are going to watch it on Netflix again too

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
we just finished that flower show, it is great! so much creativity!
Those shows are so easy to watch, and more important, you can easily turn it off.

I just got 'killing eve' S1&2 from the library, on DVD!
our library reopend this week. looking forward to watching that.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Diane, please let me know what you think about Killing Eve, we haven't started it yet but probably soon.
And we were happy to see that the final season of Scandal in on Hulu now, so we will actually be able to finish it :p

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I watched the first few seasons of Scandal. Then it started feel like they were just repeating the same story line over and over, so I gave up on it.

Danesa

Danesa
Ok...so I know I am the only living person on earth that had not watched The Walking Dead. I binged watched seasons 1-9 this past week. OMG! Why have I not seen it until now? I never knew I like movies like this. I've sheltered myself far too long! :) I was sad when I watched the last episode. :(

I've finished Bosch and Sweet Magnolias. I watched UPLOAD for some lightness in my TV land of late.

Just started the Big Flower Fight, The 100 and some old movies on YouTube.

I've been in bed a couple weeks so I've had lots of tube-time. Today, I think I am alive in the world again and back to creating. It feels good. I still have the TV on while I'm
playing in digi-world! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
Welcome back to the world, Danesa, such as it is...

We watch the Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead, so you've got another one if you want it :)

How is UPLOAD? I've been considering it.

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
You are not the only one to not have watched The Walking Dead. I haven't seen a single episode.

Danesa

Danesa
Cindy - oh yay, I'm glad I wasn't the only one! :) (I really didn't think I would enjoy it but it surprised me with all the twists & turns...haha)

Vicki - I'm glad I stuck with UPLOAD. I almost didn't finish the first episode but toward the end of it I saw a peek of substance appear. :) Some clever scenes & I like the relationship that evolves between Nora & Nathan. Unrealistic...yes. Entertaining...yes (more than I thought it could be.) If you do nothing else....watch the first episode at least until the bathroom scene. I laughed so hard at the expression of the bathroom attendant. haha I thought I was watching The Office again. :)

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
Cindy - oh yay, I'm glad I wasn't the only one! :) (I really didn't think I would enjoy it but it surprised me with all the twists & turns...haha)

Vicki - I'm glad I stuck with UPLOAD. I almost didn't finish the first episode but toward the end of it I saw a peek of substance appear. :) Some clever scenes & I like the relationship that evolves between Nora & Nathan. Unrealistic...yes. Entertaining...yes (more than I thought it could be.) If you do nothing else....watch the first episode at least until the bathroom scene. I laughed so hard at the expression of the bathroom attendant. haha I thought I was watching The Office again. :)

Awesome! I'll definitely check it out. I could use some more UNreality...

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Awesome! I'll definitely check it out. I could use some more UNreality...
Ain't that the truth~!!!!

I have watched TWD and FTWD since the beginning. I am still waiting on that last episode of the season to be released.

UPLOAD is cute, and light-- but with a little bit of some twists at the end.

Anyone watching Tales from the Loop on Amazon? It looked interesting from the trailer but we are halfway in and it only makes me sort of sad.

How is Hannibal? That is coming to Netflix this month.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
Hey Chris,
What ever happened to that psuedo-vampire show set in Colorado that we talked about last year? Did it get cancelled? What was the name of it? Do you remember?

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
Diane, please let me know what you think about Killing Eve, we haven't started it yet but probably soon.
And we were happy to see that the final season of Scandal in on Hulu now, so we will actually be able to finish it :p

we just finished 2 seasons of Killing Eve,
I loved it, lots of killing, brutal murders etc. but also humour.
my husband wanted to quit half way season 2. He is more critical as to what happens. says is it unbelievable.
I just enjoy what I see.
Season 3 starts on TV here in 2 weeks, so looking forward to that!

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
YES, that's it Chris! Thank you.

And, Diane, that's so funny! My hubby is the same way. He cannot suspend disbelief at all!

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I'm so spoiled with streaming now that waiting from week to week really bugs me now! I will now DVR shows and then binge them every few weeks.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
Oh, y'all, I just watched The Greatest Showman. Have you seen it? it was WONDERFUL! I NEEDED that right now.