Oscraps

What´s in your closet?

zwyck

Do you have clothes in your closet that been hanging for ages? They don´t suit you but you still hope they will do it some day? Something that you find it hard to get rid of, which may be either too small or too big, or simply out of fashion, or maybe for another reason. I have! And these are just a few of them (to small) :)

Alegna

I just ordered new coats (1 winter and 1 summer, I hope they fit) I thought after having the same ones for about 15 years I deserved new ones ;-) I didn't get new ones before because I like them to much, eventhough the zipper of my wintercoat is broken for a few years ...

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I have those random shirts I bought when thinking maybe I want to start wearing color but I never wear them unless my standard uniform of black t-shirts isn't clean lol

LaurieW

lOve the O!
I have a few things that I have hung onto- most actually fit and I try to purge when I bring in new things. When we viewed this house before purchase the owners had every closet stuffed so full that the closet doors were connected at the top and several inches away from where the belonged at the bottom. I swore I would never let that happen. I have been relatively successful. You see I grew up in a house without closets- we used a hanger holder that was on the top of the door- not very many things could hang. When we bought our first house, again, no closets that were real. So when we moved and bought this house with real closets, I was beyond excited! I even did a layout about having a closet, except I have searched and searched galleries and cannot find it!

liljatr

I just updated my closet in January. I threw out a lot of stuff and bought new clothes (yeah!). I did however, pack a few things I couldn't part with. I know I'll never wear it again, but I just couldn't bring myself to throw them out :)

Romy

I don't like to throw away clothes unless they are too worn.
I only buy really nice things, and not too many and very often I can wear things I had 10 years ago because they came back into style :)
(plus, I am not afraid to put something on that isn't "in" anymore...)
My size is the same as it was 10, 20 or 30 years ago - that's another advantage :-D

janedee

Well, if I was doing what I'm supposed to be doing this weekend, there wouldn't be anything in my closet! I should be painting it, but I'm procrastinating!!! I will be throwing out a lot of my stuff (not worn for at least two years and doesn't fit) and maybe a few of dh's things, if I'm lucky (he's packrat so puts things back as fast as I get rid of them).

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
I do. I have weird reasons sometimes for not getting rid of things. Sometimes it's size or fashion. But occasionally it's because of some stupid emotional attachment.

Loriebug66

I just got a promotion at work this week, so I took a good look at my closet to see what I need to bring my work wardrobe up a notch to go with my new position and the answer is a lot! I tend to wear things until I wear them out as I do not like to shop at all, so I need to do a huge purge and then pick up a few good pieces that will help me mix and match. I am fortunate that I can wear dark denim jeans in the office and picked up three new pairs for a good deal this weekend, so that is a start. The rest will come a bit at a time.

I did do one big thing for me this weekend that I have wanted to do for a long time and that is hire someone to come in once a week and do the heavy cleaning. Since I am working longer hours, I do not want to spend my weekends scrubbing floors and stuff. Frankly I would rather be designing. LOL

bcgal00

CHEERY O
I have a few jackets I bought a few years ago that are still hanging in the closet unworn bc I was thinner back then and need to lose 10lbs before they will fit right. Luckily they are a classic style so I can probably hang onto them for awhile.

Angelclaud

I am so jealous of Romy !!!!

I gained like 20 kgs during pregnancy and I have 10 kgs left so A LOT of my pre-pregancy clothes don't fit anymore. I've donated A LOT but there are still A LOT left that I just can't get myself to thrown. I just kept thinking....one day I'll be able to wear them again.........

I don't really buy a lot of new clothes now because I'm thinking....I don't want to stay in this size ............I'm going for that diet soon......

LOL! What a dilemma!!!!

Tamsin

This thread reminded me how liberated I feel when I throw out stuff. There's always 'stuff' hanging out in cupboards and wardrobes. Don't know how it gets there LOL

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Ulla-May- those tops are adorable!

My closet is a very sad state. I went through yesterday, took out about 5 sweaters that I don't think I have worn in years to pack up into the attic to bring down and not wear again next year;) I looked for some spring clothes up there and found one box with bathing suits and tank tops and one with some shorts. I think I need a new wardrobe for sure.

I get very lazy with clothes because I don't really go anywhere where I need them. No wait, I do need clothes, just not nice ones LOL I go to work in old t-shirts and sweatpants. COme home and shower and at that point I just put on leggings and a cozy t-shirt/sweatshirt of Gary's.
My mom wants to get me some new spring tops, and I kind of shrug, and ask her, What's the point? I do need a rash guard for the summer. I can't have any sun exposure for 6 months so that might be the look I sport this year :D

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Clara-- same!

Congrats on the promotion Lorie!

Angela- you'll get there, it took me 15 years to get down to my pre-baby weight :D

Loriebug66

I know how you ladies feel. It has been 23 years now and I still am carrying around the baby weight for triplets. Thing is, I only have the one son. :-?

Romy

eeeska, Lorie! :) you sound like you are asking me to set you on the "primal" way of life!! :)
ask Meg what I did to her ... lol

Nickel

Feeling Owsome at the O!
CHEERY O
When I quit smoking I gained a lot of kilo's. after a few years I lost the hope that they would suddenly disappear in one night. but I couldn't throw away my favorite jeans. I eat healthy now so I hope that they fit me again..

zwyck

It is so fun to read what you have written here. It seems that many of us have clothes in your closet that does not suit us at the moment. Crossing my fingers for all of you and hope your dreams will come true some day.:)

Loriebug66

eeeska, Lorie! :) you sound like you are asking me to set you on the "primal" way of life!! :)
ask Meg what I did to her ... lol

I need to make some kind of change, but honestly, if it is too hard to maintain, I won't be able to. Is the primal easy? And I don't mean like prepackaged stuff, but I certainly can't hunt and kill my own meat or anything like that. Oh and I do not garden. So can I qualify to be "primal?" LOL

thimbleberrie

Currently have things that are a size too small because I gained back 20 of the 30lbs I lost. We just joined a gym so they should fit again soon :) Usually buy 2nd hand clothing/clearance items for the most part and not a big trend follower so this works out nicely...

Andrea C.

Mine is a mess so I couldn't tell you what's in it! LOL! I really need to do some spring cleaning starting with my junk room and then worrying about the closet! Maybe I'll work on that tomorrow while I'm doing nothing around the house!