Oscraps

Shop Talk - Notes on the Shop Upgrade/Changes

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
Thank you everyone for your patience during our store upgrade. It is the same old store with some fun additions and some simpler ways of doing things. We know change can be difficult so I have written up a little road map for you.

We don’t want any of you not to be able to get products so we’ll start with the changes in the purchasing process. Once you have items in your cart you can get to the cart a couple of ways.

The first way is kinda fun. In the column on the left you will see “Your Cart.” If you click on the tab with a picture on the cart you can select “View Cart, which will take you to your cart or if you are ready to purchase you can select Checkout or click on the PayPal tab.

Or, just under 'view cart' you can select checkout directly and you will have another opportunity to select PayPal, Credit Card or Gift Certificate. Once you get to that screen you can select your payment method and if you have a coupon code it is easy to locate and add. You must always check the box accepting the “Term & Conditions.”

Be sure to "sign in" when you get to the Checkout page (it's right below the word Checkout and above the Address fields)

COUPON USERS and 52 INSPIRATIONS SUBSCRIBERS

This is important. If you are using a coupon that will result in a free product or have a subscription do not enter the coupon or sign into your account until you have everything in your cart.

This is a glitch in the system that will go away in the next few days but until then make sure to fill your cart first or else you will not be able to add things to your cart once you are signed in or have put the code into the system. This only affects items that are free via subscription and/or coupon. It does not affect simple discount coupons, regularly priced items and/or freebies.

If you have a $0 order, your only payment option when you get to checkout will be gift certificate. Just leave it at that and go ahead and click 'submit'.

So now, let’s get to some fun stuff…

Social Media outlets have now been added so you can show off your favorite products through Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+.

Another fun feature that has been added is a Gift Registry. If you have a birthday coming up and want to help your husband out, or have some digi-friends who want to get you a gift you can be helpful to them.

If you are creating a registry and want to add products, you create the registry first and then find a product you want to add and select it. Next to the “Add to Cart” button is a tab that says “Add to list.” You can then add it to your wish list or a selected event.

Last edited:

kittychen

Designer
I still can't enter the store.
It said:

400 bad request.
is it only me or the shop still offline? :)

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Just keep being patient Kitty. Due to some computer stuff I don't understand it will show up at different times around the world. Can take up to 24 hours (although it shouldn't take that long). I have it on some of my devices but not all. Keep checking.

Scrappie Irene

I get a warning about the security certificate, but I can choose to go to the shop or not and then it looks normal. But the field where the http is typed keeps red.

sue.falstaff

O'chOir extraOrdinaire
Love the new look store, Vicki ... the layout is fabulous and the gift register is an inspired addition ... I ♥ Oscraps!!!

Dady

Thank you Vicki, I have just purchased with no problem at all, I likes the look of this new shop but I do not find any more the section " Orders History " :drama:

whatnext

OK. freakin' out here. i'm trying to post the announcement of the Anna's ARTsale products and can't figure out how to right click on the image of the product, go to "properties" and use that to create a clickable image!! any help would be appreciated. the clickable images i DO have in my forum post about the ARTsale were made from the data i collected BEFORE the store change. but i didn't have info on two of the products, however, so when i went into the store this morning and tried to create a clickable image, i found i couldn't right click on any of the images to get to the place where i could choose "properties." am i missing something? i am SOO not techno....

ViVre

OK. freakin' out here. i'm trying to post the announcement of the Anna's ARTsale products and can't figure out how to right click on the image of the product, go to "properties" and use that to create a clickable image!! any help would be appreciated. the clickable images i DO have in my forum post about the ARTsale were made from the data i collected BEFORE the store change. but i didn't have info on two of the products, however, so when i went into the store this morning and tried to create a clickable image, i found i couldn't right click on any of the images to get to the place where i could choose "properties." am i missing something? i am SOO not techno....

Phylis, I don't know how to solve your problem, but for the time being you can copy and paste from the thumbnails in the shop. Only 200x200 pixels, but it's better than nothing!

sue.falstaff

O'chOir extraOrdinaire
I think I know what you're referring too, Phylis ... I've just tried right-clicking on the image & it no longer brings up the fly-out menu (from where you'd usually copy the "link image location" data). I know this may not be ideal, but you can still right-click on the thumbnail preview of the product & the fly-out menu is available.

Not sure if this is a fault / flaw or itentional but hopefully either Vicki, Clara or Suzy will be along later with feedback for you.

whatnext

the thumbnails are ridiculously TEEENY !!! wow. imagine that every place we want to post a clickable picture, we have to use those tiny little pix! this is a problem, i think. imagine what all the designer's forum post re: their new stuff are going to look like. and any page that a members posts for a challenge. you'll have to click on and go to another page, in that case, in order to actually SEE anything.

kittychen

Designer
Phylis, click on the image at the bottom and "open link in new tab" and do the right click "copy image location". it should works.

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
phylis, when you right click on the extra previews and open them in a new screen, they show up at a larger size.

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
okay, you can see how long it took me to find out, did not see Kitty's post, but it works!

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I fixed the image right click functionality.

Sorry, didn't realize that it even had an option to disable that. For the most part, the world doesn't want people being able to right click their images but in OUR world we DO! lol

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
Thank you Vicki, I have just purchased with no problem at all, I likes the look of this new shop but I do not find any more the section " Orders History " :drama:

YAY! I'm glad you were able to checkout without any problem!!!! (music to my ears!)

To find your Orders History:

1. Sign In
  2. Click the 'My Account' link at the top of the page
  3. Click the 'Order history' tab at the top of the Account Details section.

Oscraps-OrderHistory.jpg

EHStudios

I lOve Me Some O!

Okay I found this one.

When you are in the store at the top with blog, forum, gallery, is a "My Account" button. First click that.

You then get to the Help Zone screen, but just above that you'll see "Your Name" "My Account" "Sign Out" in the light blue bar area. Click on "My Account" here again & you should be able to see everything & find a tab for order history.