Oscraps

Scrapping Tragedy

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I had a layout almost done when I accidentally clicked the X to close Photoshop. Then when I was asked if I wanted to save what I was working on, I stupidly chose "no" instead of "cancel". I lost the whole page and it was almost complete. To make matters worse, this was a page where I had a put in a lot of work and it had taken a long time to create something I liked. Now I get to start all over. *sigh*

Yes, this is all my fault. I know how important it is to save your files repeatedly. But did I do it? No. Yay me! *sarcasm*

LSlycord

I had a layout almost done when I accidentally clicked the X to close Photoshop. Then when I was asked if I wanted to save what I was working on, I stupidly chose "no" instead of "cancel". I lost the whole page and it was almost complete. To make matters worse, this was a page where I had a put in a lot of work and it had taken a long time to create something I liked. Now I get to start all over. *sigh*

Yes, this is all my fault. I know how important it is to save your files repeatedly. But did I do it? No. Yay me! *sarcasm*
Well, I've been there...done that. Probably we all have. Which only makes my sympathy that much deeper!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Been there, done that! More than once. Usually I get surprised how fast it goes to redo it. All the trial and error is done already.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
Been there done that as well, and will probably do it again sometime, lol. The tragedy for me is when I spent a lot of time editing a photo and lose the work. That's harder to recreate than the layout, I think.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Oh man!!! That's why I TRY to save as I go. That being said - I've had my computer co down for unknown reasons and lost everything. I feel your pain!! I'm really trying to be more religious about saving as I go now, but sometimes I get in the throes of creating an just simply forget. That's a sick feeling!!!

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
Ohhhhhhh. That hurts!!! One time I flattened my PSD file and sized it down to 800x800 for posting and then when I closed the document hit "SAVE" instead of no to keep my layered PSD file. DOH!!!

My husband said, "Remember, Jesus Saves!!" whenever he walks past me and sees I have an untitled document!!! That's the stupidity I do! I forget to save and name it at the beginning and I may have been working on a page for 2 hours and then OMG I haven't saved yet!!! Then he gives me a DiNozzo Slap.

OccasionalSmoggyDotterel-size_restricted.gif

Kythe

CHEERY O
Yup, I feel your pain. That's when I walk away from the computer and do something else.

Nickel

Feeling Owsome at the O!
CHEERY O
I feel your pain too! I also lost files because PS doesn't have a naming convetion for "Unkown"files and overwrite them..

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Oh no Cindy!!!! have been in the same boat as you many many times!!! lol!! But glad you are just about finished re doing it! :)

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
I've been there several times before .... and every time I think ... never again ... and yet every now and then I forget to save regularly. Glad your redo is almost done...
Thank you for the reminder to save in between .....

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I am an OCD Super-Compulsive Saver. I have myself conditioned -after having that same experience as you as well as more PS Lockups than I care to remember- to Ctrl-S any time I use keyboard shortcuts. Ctrl-T has morphed into "Ctrl-TCtrl-S"
My biggest frustration when I am recreating a page is that I am never satisfied, I can't ever get it exactly the same and that makes me more aggravated with myself.

Your LO is amazing and I am glad that you were able to finish it!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
I can relate. I did that last week (and previous times too). It is so frustrating. I try to save halfway thru a LO when I think of it, but often times I don't. Ugh.

Amandajk

Ohhhhhh Cindy- @scribler Yes, I think we have all done that. If I've left PS open too long, it will freeze in middle of creation. Then my only option is to do a screen shot of what I have and try to recreate. BUT YOU DID IT!!!! Hoorah!! #clap
Susan, @pachimac - I've done that too, but with TIFF because I like to be able to see the layout in a folder. GAH. But again, at least there is something to go by. LOVE your husband's comment, hilariously clever!!
iu

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Been there, done that.
Been there done that as well, and will probably do it again sometime, lol. The tragedy for me is when I spent a lot of time editing a photo and lose the work. That's harder to recreate than the layout, I think.
As soon as I edit a photo - I save it with Name-edit or Name-extracted in the folder where it came from. This is especially true when I extract an image. That way I don't have to extract it again. :p

Glad you were able to create it again.

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
I've only had this happen rarely. I too am a compulsive saver. On my old computer the page would freeze occasionally, but I had saved, so it was okay. I will remember @Amandajk 's tip about taking a screen shot, just to be on the safe side. So glad you were able to finish your page. ♥

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
Yeah, that screenshot is a great idea! My sons know when the hear "Oh, no!" to run and hide and forget getting dinner on time. Mom will be in mourning until she gets it all put together again. I love the re-created version. It's lovely!

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
David has a great idea that would benefit us all. Microsoft/Apple should add a user interface requirement for all software. Instead of just making the temp file "disappear" when you choose not to save, programs would give the files a name like adobetempdate and throw it in the trash/recycle bin. You could then grab the file from the trash if you didn't mean to say "no". If you meant it, the file will be deleted when you empty your trash (or it's emptied automatically).

ClaireG

CHEERY O
I feel every part of your pain. I did this once when I first started scrapping 2 years ago and I thought I would cry. BUT on reflection I felt the redo a) didn't take as long and b) was a teeny bit better.. I took as much solace in these 2 things as I could, but it still hurt and no, I haven't learnt a single thing, I still don't save until the page is finished x

ClaireG

CHEERY O
I've only had this happen rarely. I too am a compulsive saver. On my old computer the page would freeze occasionally, but I had saved, so it was okay. I will remember @Amandajk 's tip about taking a screen shot, just to be on the safe side. So glad you were able to finish your page. ♥
LOVE the screenshot idea. Weirdly I do this when I am making cards and quilts so I can remember the order / pattern etc. BUT I never do this with digital pages, I really should start.