Oscraps

Sad news

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
I learned today that a lady who used to be a regular here and even designed for awhile passed away last week. Her name was Andrea Boyer (mrsaboyer) while she was here but was more recently known as Andy Kaylor.

Here is what her son wrote on fb: Hello friends of Andy. To those of you who don’t already know, I do apologize that you are finding out through a Facebook post. My mom passed away last week. We aren’t completely sure what happened, but we know that she died peacefully. We are planning a memorial for this Thursday (Jan. 14) at 7:00pm at Austin Mennonite Church (5801 Westminster Dr., Austin, TX 78723). All are welcome to attend. We will have a small service and an opportunity to share great memories with others who knew Andy. If you have any questions or have any memories you would like me to share on your behalf, please send me a message. We are working with Facebook to convert this page into a memorial so we can continue to share stories and celebrate Andy’s life. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
This makes my heart hurt. I had the opportunity to meet her in person and our families spent a lot of time together in NC. She was one of two people I knew in North Carolina when we moved and she introduced me to a group of women who became the center of my social network there. Our friendship was pivotal in the direction our lives took while we lived there. I am heartbroken for her kids. She had 4. One in his mid twenties and 3 school age kids. Hug someone and tell people how much they mean to you.

SharLamb

Sharron
What sad news. Especially for you Clara. There have been a few deaths in CyberLand Scrapping since I have been part of the community, and it is always a shock. And a new life-experience for the rest of us. Praying for comfort for her family and friends.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
oh my!! this is such sad news! I remember Andrea very well! big hugs to you Clara, you were quite close and it isn't easy losing a good friend! lots of love to you and your family and of course my condolences to Andrea's family. xxx

timounette

CHEERY O
Oh no so sad news... I remember so well Andrea... She was so active here @ Oscraps, and such a cute lady.
Send my condoleances to her family.
And big hugs for you Clara !

AnikA68

I love the "O"
I didn´t know her, but it´s always so sad to lose someone from the scrapper familiy. My thoughts are with you Clara and her family

Ellen

oh how sad, I do remember Andrea and her quirky sense of humor in her designs.
my condolences to the family.

Last edited by a moderator:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Clara, I am so so soooo sad....
Andy was such a fighter, open about her depression/identity issues, and I always hoped that she would come through her journey finding her bliss. I didn't expect her peace to come in this way.

She was funny and strong and kind. I was on her CT and thought she had such an amazing talent and vision.

Wrapping you up tight in hugs and good thoughts, Soul Sista'.

Aussiekat

So sad. While I didn't know Andy, it's always sad to lose someone from the scrapping community ... it's just like family.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Oh Clara, how very sad!! I remember her well and this must have come as a big shock to all who knew her! Keeping you and of course all of her family and friends close to my heart she will be greatly missed! :hug:

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
Didn't know her, But my heart goes out to the family and friends who will miss her very much. Big Hugs to you Clara, always sad to loose a special friends.

Nickel

Feeling Owsome at the O!
CHEERY O
Sad news! I didn't know her very well but I loved her designs. My condolences and hugs to you and her family

petey111

I knew Andrea during her time here, but not well enough to put two and two together when you posted earlier this week Clara. So sad for her family and friends. Prayers.

Romy

oh no, I recall her being here, or even while back at Pixel Canvas I think...
it's wonderful how she touched lives around her...she will be remembered

val

adding my love and thought to yours
Andrea you'll be greatly missed.
xoxo Clara too

v