Oscraps

sad but relieved

Ellen

I know I have not been here much lately .
I was looking after my dad and commuting between Holland and Scotland.
As most of you know he had Alzheimer and got quite ill towards the end.
I feel privileged that I was able to be there at the end and could look after him and keep him at home as we had promised my mother .

He died on Monday , my sister and I were with him. We are glad he does not have to suffer anymore.

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
Such sad news Ellen, sorry for your loss.
Glad for you that you could be there for him.
Heel veel sterkte!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Glad that he was surrounded by his loved ones. Hugs and condolences for your loss.

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
Oh Ellen! I'm so sorry for your loss - and I understand completely. My sister's husband has early onset Alzheimer's and is deteriorating rapidly.

May your loving memory of your Dad keep your heart warm forever.

Hugs. Vicki

petey111

So sorry Ellen. It's never easy, even when you are prepared for it and relieved when it does come.

Many strong thoughts headed your way!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
So very sorry for your loss Ellen, but what a lovely gift you gave to your Father, to be with him until the end!! Hugs to you and your family!! :hug:

Danesa

Danesa
Ellen, I know you are sad that your dad is gone but also I know you will cherish those last moments, being with him. Hugs & prayers. May your good memories carry you through these tough times.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Oh Ellen, I am so sorry to read this but how wonderful that both you and your sister were there at the end with him! Big hugs sweetie!! xxx

Soco

I'm sorry for your loss, Ellen... What a beautiful blessing to be there for him until the end though... Big hugs... ♥