Oscraps

Replace image without having to redo credits and description?

hoodsmom

Guess Who!
Hi all,

Is there a way to replace an image without having to also replace the description? I figured out how to replace the image, but I had to retype all the credits.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Yes there is all you have to do is go to your gallery then your content find the image you want to replace and then change media. you can upload the image you want and that should be all you have to do.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
@hoodsmom Yep, what Trudy said above............. hadn't done that before so went and tried and it worked perfectly, so use the Change media option not Edit. You can change out your layout and the credits stay as they are. Thanks Trudy!! xxx :)

hoodsmom

Guess Who!
I must've done something wrong or misinterpreted the screen. When I changed the media I got a blank area where the credits were and I thought they got wiped out by the media change. So you're saying that even if I type nothing in the blank credit box, my old credits "stick"?

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
@hoodsmom Yes, here are the steps:

My original layout with credits:
1639104640797.png

2. After you click the Change Media link, you click the Upload file link
1639104714053.png

3. The Credit box itself is blank but if you look at the next step below you will see that they do come across okay.
1639104977263.png

4. New layout plus all the credits from step 1 above, everything in the Description and Credits box.
1639104917570.png

Hope that helps. :)

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
Thanks. Just tried it and I get it now. I wish there were a disclaimer such as "you can also make changes to credits, etc. as well" or a way for the site to repopulate the description, credits etc so it's clear they haven't been wiped out.
Unfortunately, that’s behind our control.

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
a question - is it possible that you can't use this for pages in an album?
It appears that way ... I can't find a permission setting that would affect this. :( After we recover from all the new year admin stuff, I'll talk to Vicki S about it.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
There doesn't appear to be a way to do the pages in an album. It shows you can edit your own images in an album already so I'm not sure where that pulls from :(