Oscraps

Rain...UUGH!!!

hondachicc

For the second time in 5 days, we are flooding!!! UUGGHH!!!

We swept water for 2 hours this afternoon, and now it's 9:30, and we are just waiting for the next round that is coming!!! This all comes after we did this over the weekend. Good news this time, there was nothing to get up...we never put it back, as we were still drying out the floors. BTW, this is in our basement....which is mostly finished in.....two bedrooms, a full bath and a den. I think we are going to end up with structure damage now....the walls really sucked up the water today. And not living in a flood zone, we have no flood insurance...Bleh!!!

Before this past weekend: Twenty three years living in our house and we have had "some" water twice...Now in five days we have had LOTS of water twice!!!!!

We got 3.5" of rain in one hour today....this is what it did to our city:
(I took the first photo, but the others are from the internet from our local TV stations)

My Front yard about 20 minutes after the rain started:
1059306_10200731966920539_1455667037_n.jpg

This is just below where I live (about 1 mile)

969889_10151823052187176_1875048686_n.jpg

1069221_10151471541382217_635297560_n.jpg

68232_10151471603477217_1425676257_n.jpg

And then there are some, who for some unknown reason, just can't keep their butts at home or somewhere safe....a guy paddling a canoe down one of the flooded highways
993326_10151471651332217_816684409_n.jpg

This daycare flooded very quickly and the swift water crew had to boat in and rescue them (this is two miles from my house)
954740_10151471427882217_581846407_n.jpg

petey111

When I saw your pictures on Facebook, I just felt for you dear. I wish we could help in some way!

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
The rain in this area has been crazy. I keep getting flash flood warnings (for those that don't know, I live about 4 hours from nana). I am so thankful for no damage here. We had a little bit if dripping at The Coffee Stand that was hard to fix because it was never nice long enough for the sealant to dry. Derek finally fixed it this weekend.

So I feel ya on the rain. It rains a lot in WA but nothing like these flash storms that just pour. On Monday or Tuesday I walked out of the hospital to black skies so I rushed home. I work in a dungeon so I never know what the weather is until I walk outside. So I rushed home and stayed dry. DH on the other hand was wearing a raincoat and had a good parking spot but when he walked in the door his pants were soaked to the point that his underwear was soaked so he stepped inside the house and just stripped down. It's unreal.

If you need extra hands this weekend nana, let me know. We are kid free and can go where we want.

LaurieW

lOve the O!
Oh nana- you truly got hit worse than us- I just had my grill blow over onto my hot tub cover again- maybe now I will replace the truly bent side table on the grill!

nancyr

OMgosh I am so sorry! We have had flooding from hurricanes Irene and Sandy because we lose power and then our sump pump turns off. It is so scary to see all that water rising in your basement. I hope you dry out soon!

sue.falstaff

O'chOir extraOrdinaire
Oh, bless you Nana ... I feel for you, I really do!!!! Sending you warming / drying thoughts your way & hope things dry out for you quickly and with minimal / no damage to the structural integrity of your home.

mrstoa

mrstoa
Ohh, Nana please stay safe - and dry! We've been lucky on Island but Calgary in Alberta had a flash flood - no warning .
The weather this year has been ridiculous - and all are suffering from floods, tornadoes etc.
Sending you warm, warm hugs and prayers -

hondachicc

Clara...you are so awesome to offer a hand!!! We managed to get the water up....AGAIN....but with all the rain they were calling for this weekend, we have been digging up the yard and trying to get as much of the water to run away from the house (Mike spent $1500 a few years back, putting in awesome drainage all the way around the house, but this was just TOO much water). We figure if we have the trenches and divert them to the drain storm runway, we might not get anymore...who knows...go figure, we do two days worth of work and we didn't get the rain....but..............that is good...it was totally worth the work if we scared it away!! :becky:

Thanks to you all ladies!!! Just waiting for all the rain to completely stop and then we will be calling in professionals to assess the damage. We are lucky...a lot of people lost everything. :(

Merkee

Oh Linda, what a pita. We deal with flooding every year, but only in our garage and yard. We've not had to deal with replacing drywall or anything like you. (((((hugs)))))) Hope it isn't too expensive or too much work.