Oscraps

PSE 2023 AVOID!!!

mary-lynne

Just got PSE 2023; was using 2020. What a piece of junk. Items are not showing in the layers panel unless I drag them to the layout from the bin. If I drag them from the work space the layers panel shows a new layer, but nothing in it. Note that the layers are fine in my layout, they just don't show in the layers panel. Very hard when you are trying to click on a layer and can't see it in the panel. If it gets accidently put under an overlay, you can't click on it in the doc.

Even worse, the masks always look empty! I've filled them with black so I can do selective masking and it doesn't show!

If you close the file and reopen, everything shows, but anything new you add is blank!

Have emailed Adobe Support and put the question in the Community Forum...Nothing

See attached....gone back to 2020.Screenshot-2022-10-26-07.14.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Oh wow, that sounds like a huge issue. I hope that they can either fix it or give you your money back

seniorgal

Sounds like you got a bad batch. Try deleting it and download again. I've been using the trial for a month and haven't had any issues but went back to my 2021 as don't see any improvements I need.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I hope you get it sorted out! I'm on 2019 and so far haven't felt the need to update to any newer versions.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Hope the downloading again and installing again helps, please let us know how you get on! :) I hate new programs, it always takes a little while for the bugs to be ironed out! lol!

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
Oh no! I hope that delete and reinstall works!!!

fingers-crossed-jenny-hagel.gif

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I hope you get these issues resolved! I was thinking of upgrading as I am working with PSE 2021 but I think I will just stick with what I have.

RJMJ

CHEERY O
I'm using PSE 2019...I haven't had any major issues with it...But it can be finicky sometimes too...But nothing like this!!!...Hope you get everything resolved...There's nothing more annoying than when your program doesn't work properly...Sometimes a reinstall works...I hope it does... Sending positive vibes for this to work...:)...

Kythe

CHEERY O
PSE2022 is no great shakes either. The only reason I got it was to do the AI action. (It is supposed to work like Deep Dream Generator) It doesn't work for many. Adobe has not fixed it even though there have been complaints in the Adobe Community.
Sometimes it just isn't worth the effort or $$ to upgrade.
Thanks for the heads up.

zanthia

CHEERY O
i hope reinstalling works for you - have pse 15 and i find the photobin is useless unlike my pse10 - the main reason why i still use pse10 to scrap

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I'm still using PSE 2018. I keep thinking I'll upgrade, but haven't yet. I have PSCC too but I'm not in love with it. I kind of go back and forth, but I love the Creative Cloud and Lightroom and some of the other perks that come with CC.

Susan - s3js

CHEERY O
I'm still using PSE 2018. I keep thinking I'll upgrade, but haven't yet. I have PSCC too but I'm not in love with it. I kind of go back and forth, but I love the Creative Cloud and Lightroom and some of the other perks that come with CC.
I wasn't keen on PSCC either, at first, but really had no choice as Microsoft stopped supporting Digital Image Pro - said Windows 10 did everything the program did. NOT! Not even remotely close. Adobe isn't user friendly at all, but now I can't do without it. I tried - it last about 24 hours. Hope you get sorted out, Mary-Lynne!

ClaireG

CHEERY O
Oh god.. this is not ideal. I have 2021 and I am now toying with PSCC and I am torn (see my thread). I hope you got it resolved