Oscraps

Posting Comments

mrstoa

mrstoa
Morning all,

After reading and answering (sorry one could call it a bit of a rant) to Tanteva's post about visiting Designer Galleries brought me to this question.
Just curious ;) Something to think about?

Do you appreciate receiving comments?

How often do you post comments?

:clap2: I applaud the Cheerio's who comment regularly - especially with their challenges!! :clap2:

Do you post comments in your CT Designer Galleries?

Do you respond to a comment on your layout by reciprocating to the commentator's gallery?

Do you feel it plays a part in belonging to the "O" family?

I'm not 'getting' at anyone just this ole lady's curiosity - and with DH away there's no one to shut me up. ;)

:tape: :tape: :tape:

I'll be quiet now and have a second coffee

::grouphug

annaaspnes

annaaspnes
Designer
I think genuine comments are an important in building a caring and strong community. We all want to be part of something bigger than ourselves. It's one of those desires for a sense of belonging that makes us human.

Having the time to comment is always my biggest downfall, but I aim to leave words of encouragement and support to at least one person every day.

Anna

frani_54

I love seeing the genuine comments on my layouts, I do try, especially if I post a layout to leave at least one comment sometimes more. It is important to spread the love if you want to be a part of the community.

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
I love adoring layouts here at the O. I wish I were more motivated to leave comments elsewhere but I don't. I HATE "nice layout" type comments. To me it says "I didn't even look at your layout but I'm trying to increase my post count." I don't just dislike it but truly hate it. I always try and say something specific when I comment and wish others would do the same. That is my preference.

suezeeq12

Cupcake Ninja
After I respond I'll go have to check out Eva's post to see what was said but as far as commenting goes - as much as I love to get comments, I'd rather have none than a "gorgeous LO" from someone that has 25,000+ posts and 24,900 of them are that very same "gorgeous LO".

If you are going to take the time to comment, you should really make a genuine one, not cut and paste the same thing from LO to LO to get your quota in or your post count up.

Some of the most genuine and favorite comments I've had come from here at the O.

helenh

I believe one of the special things here at our "O" home is the genuine comments one receives - its one of the many reasons that makes this place so special.

I also think it is important to use names were possible (ie. you are aware of them) that also helps to make it more personal and not a copy and paste job.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I feel the same as Helen. I try my best to comment on something that really stands out to me- the colors used,the photo, journaling that touched me.

I hope that I can always get across the feeling of artistic appreciation that I have for lo's, even when I can't comment on as many as I would like.

LaurieW

lOve the O!
I love getting comments, especially when they discuss something about my layout, now if I have stated in credits that I used a template, I do get annoyed that they tell me my layout design is wonderful. I am not as good at leaving comments as I would like, but when I do, I aim to speak about what about the layout drew my eye in- color, photo, clustering, blending or layout design. I do admit, sometimes I say love this layout- but not for post count purposes, but just because - I love it!

anneofalamo

I love the comments at the O! They make me laugh, smile and beam!
one of the things I notice also here, is...well in your own credits, you tell about the page, why you made it or how it came about, and that starts the conversation for comments...
now I need to go and have some chit chats in the gallery today! ♥

oldvwblues

Peace, Love, Art
sometimes it's hard to say exactly what it is that catches your attention...there are times I stop and look and my jaw just drops and I am amazed at the entire project..just how everything just works perfectly and it really "tickles my fancy"...there have been some that leave me almost totally speechless because I am truly in awe of the talent...maybe we need a special word to describe a layout like that...I am just at a loss...so I just say how it makes me feel...hope it works!

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
I think I'm spoiled by the comments here. I've come to expect them at other sites...but the O is special like that. :)

Vicki - I regularly tell people I have no words but absolutely adore their page because of it's greatness.

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
I do like receiving comments :rockon:

And when I view the gallery, and there I notice a nice layout , then I try always to leave a comment about what I like. But I have to use the google translation, and then he worded it is I not always what i mean.

There are plenty of galleries where comments are copied, but I do not like.

Since I still have several CT obligations, it is impossible to leave a comment anywhere because it crawls quite a long time.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Vicki- I am the same way- sometimes you can tell that I have no words when I use lots of !!!! For Ex: I loooooove this Page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Veer- you do a great job commenting, and I appreciate the trouble it must be to use a translator. Thank you for taking the time and effort to do that!!

janedee

I love to receive "real" comments on my pages but tend not to post pages unless I have time to make comments myself, which has been pretty rare lately. Hoping to get back to posting and commenting real soon.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Jane- post them anyway! we all know how time can get crazy, but don't not post just b/c you feel like you can comment back. The Cheery O's love to give love just for love's sake

(did that make any sense? LOL)

Terra

Sometimes it's hard to find something new to say that no one else has... I admit I'm not always the best at leaving comments, but I don't leave comments just for the sake of commenting either...

I do, however, think commenting is an important part in a strong community. :D

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Me too terra. If that is the case, I sometimes say ITA or Ditto and say the reson why.

I'd rather have one fabulous and heartfelt comment then 10 "great pages".

Peppermint

FYI, I'm totally fine with any comment.

Like .. you could just paste your grocery list in there and I'd be a-ok.

Haha.