Oscraps

NSBR - proud momma alert

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I'm soooo excited! I'm a firm believer that everyone should find their own passion in life and follow their own dreams. With Alyx, I've tried really, really hard not to put *my* interests on him. So, I regularly offer him "opportunities" to participate in different activities and he always turns me down.

Well, he finally brought something to me that he wants to do! and even hassled me about filling out the form, so I think he's actually interested.

He wants to take guitar lessons at school. So, YAY! super excited.

I never even considered offering music lessons of any sort since I'm pretty much free of any amount of rhythm or singing ability or anything else musically... I'm guessing I wasn't doing as good a job of not putting my interests on him. UGH! lol!

But, anywho... I just wanted to share that little bit :)

rogersfam4

My son turns one in a couple weeks and Sally thinks he's so a drummer , maybe they can start a band LOL!

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
That is awesome. Isn't it fun watching them become little people and be who they want to be?

mrsaboyer

That's awesome! I love when my kids form their own interests. It's so much more meaningful that way. And Chris- wow! Thanks for the link to Vicki's awesome kit! I can't believe I never saw that before!

danenan

My 8 year old plays the piano, maybe they can form a virtual band, together with the baby drummer. Anyone has a singer?

LSlycord

WTG Alyx! It's so difficult being the mom...especially when you want so badly to be a good one! I'm pretty sure you're doing an awesome job Vicki or you wouldn't have been worried about it in the first place!

snappy2003

How awesome! Now he and Sally's Cora have something in common :). I can't wait to see some pages with Alyx and his soon-to-be guitar!

petey111

Woo-hoo! I'm trying to be that way, but it's hard when you love something to imagine that others might not like it. =)

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
when he gets really awesome, (or after a couple of lessons...) he can join Cora and Quentin's new Rock Band called 16 Strings...I guess they'd have to change the name to 24 Strings!! (yup...I can do math!! LOL!!)

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
okay...just to justify myself...three guitars would be 24 strings...22 strings would be two guitars and a bass guitar! (and to admit that cora actually takes math from the neighbor...you guys are all sighing with relief, right???)

hondachicc

How totally AWESOME that Alyx wants to play the guitar!! Being a good mom, it rocks that you support this!! Kids are usually very passionate about what they like....so he could be our next AI!! (or in the band, anyway) WOOT!!!

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
Tomorrow's his first day - we're all excited! I'll let ya know what he says about it afterwards.