Oscraps

NEWs!! Good/Not so good

mrstoa

mrstoa
Hi all

I haven't been around much but I do check in once a day.
Thought I'd share my news - both good and bad :)

First Good News.
DH went shopping yesterday and came home with a new coffee pot AND a MICROWAVE -

So what else is new you say

This is our FIRST ever Microwave so I'm hoping you will share your fave recipes with me.
So far I've scrambled eggs and defrosted meat. I thought there would be more recipes in the manual - hah

Now the not so good news - I'm having oral surgery on the 27th and need prayers - I'm terrified. I'm not big on pain! :hurt:

I haven't had a chance to do any layouts recently but I'm drooling over the goodies in the shoppe. The "O" is overflowing with great designers!

And I view the gallery every day - and am making a list of pages to lift when I am better.

Thanks for bearing with me.... dear "O" family

lotsa hugs

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Ohhh "J" Sending you all of my best healing wishes your way!! I'm sure you will do fine with your oral surgery and hopefully it will be relatively pain free!! As for Microwave recipes?? Well I do have one for Meatloaf, I will dig it up and send it along to you soon. Not much else that I do in the Microwave, except I alway cook my potatoes in it, mine has a sensor cook mode on it and it does potatoes and popcorn to perfection!!

janedee

Good luck with the oral surgery Jacqueline - hope it all goes smoothly and heals quickly too.

I don't usually cook a meal in the microwave but I use it a lot for defrosting, heating milk for hot chocolate, making oatmeal, scrambled eggs, cooking bacon and baking potatoes.

whatnext

good luck with the oral surgery, Jacqueline! don't worry about the pain. i'm sure the dentist will make sure there is very little. as far as the microwave recipes, go, i have never cooked anything in the microwave except frozen veggies! i use it for defrosting and reheating. period!

timounette

CHEERY O
Good luck for your oral surgery J. We 'll think at you on 27th.

It also easy and quick to cook, rice, and patatoes. Mine also as a real wave fonction, so it's easier

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Oh J! Good luck with the oral surgery, have fun with the laughing gas!

Microwave recipes- I haven't done any real cooking in the micro in a long time, but I cook rice in there, potatoes, plus a lot of reheating. Have fun :)

val

good luck for the surgery sweetie.

No help for the microwave... I hate it, and try to keep me(us) microwave-free ;-)

charlize

oral surgery for the wisdom teeth??
oh my ... I am planning one myself and still haven't decided yet ... I need to remove them though it started to ruin the others teeth :(

good luck and please let me know the feeling, I need that!!

Merkee

Prayers for you ((Jacqueline)) As for the microwave, I rarely cook in mine but use it for heating leftovers, frozen meals, and rewarming coffee. I also boil water in it.

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
Yay for the microwave and coffee pot, J!!!!

Boo for the oral surgery...although, I must say, I've been through it three times and it was totally pain free each time!! As a matter of fact, I wanted to ask my dentist if my oral surgeon could fix my cavities, but I didn't want to make her (my dentist) feel bad!! LOL!!! I'll pray for peace for you, though!! hugs!!

mrstoa

mrstoa
Oh J! Good luck with the oral surgery, have fun with the laughing gas!

Microwave recipes- I haven't done any real cooking in the micro in a long time, but I cook rice in there, potatoes, plus a lot of reheating. Have fun :)

Nope, no Laughing Gas - having an anesthetic - not wisdom teeth - those are already gone :) all teeth and extra bits. No dentist - oral surgeon.

I'll be in hospital a day or two - could be worse....

thanks, everyone for the kind thoughts.

petey111

Good luck J! And for recipes....I don't use too many recipes for the microwave. I reheat things. And I love the frozen steamer veggies that you can do in the microwave. They get the texture of steaming with the ease of the microwave.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
ouch! not sounding good J, lots of positive thoughts though!!! xx

sorry can't help with the microwave, haven't had one for about 17 years now :)

snowdropz

I'm not keen on pain myself so I can truly understood what you are going through! Don't stress! It will be over before you know it! Meanwhile concentrate on the goodies we have in store! They are amazing! All the best for your surgery.

Ellen

good luck with the surgery J.

As for recipies , is it just microwave or does it have other functions like grill or
convection as well.
I've got loads of recipies but would need to know all it's "bells" first and I'm away in Holland now , away from the cookbooks.:)

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
good luck with the surgery!!!!!!

as for the microwave - um, morning coffee, bacon and reheating things is all I do

amandac

sending you good vibes for your surgery - I hope everything goes smoothly and you recover quickly!