Oscraps

need a few prayers

N

NewAdmin

hey girls... wanted to ask for some prayers if you don't mind.

My husband's aunt went in to have a pacemaker put in the day before yesterday. From what we understand, during the surgery, her heart was somehow "nicked" (no one is sure how) and began some pretty heavy bleeding once she was home. she went into cardiac arrest and was rushed to the hospital via ambulance and placed in ICU later that same evening. they got her stabalized for a while, but "lost her" at around 3:30am that morning. they managed to recessate her, but she has yet to regain conciousness. we spent most of the day and night at the hospital yesterday and she went from a little better, to much worse, to a little better all day. she seemed to be stable (but still non-responsive) by the time i left at 9 last night, but when Will left at 10:30, she had gotten worse again. we're headed back up there today, so i'll try and post an update later, but in the meantime any prayers you could offer would be so very appreciated. thanks!!!! xoxoxo

LindaPete

Sending prayers up for you and your family. Our family went through something similar around Thanksgiving with my mother. The first five days are critical. I pray that she will have as remarkable and complete a recovery as my mother has.

N

NewAdmin

not much new tonight. she is still pretty stable, but unresponsive. the main worry at this point is that she may have suffered some brain damage during the cardiac arrest. however, the doctors say she's still too weak to attempt a cat scan. so she remains on life support and will hopefully begin to build some strength back up so that can be done.

thank you all so much for your prayers. i'm home tonight (and was this afternoon), but i'm just sort of hiding and playing with pictures and stuff to sort of detach. :) i'll keep y'all updated and will hopefully be a little more "around" in the next day or two. thanks again for all of your sweet words and prayers! xoxoxoxoxo