Oscraps

Just 10 more sleeps 'til the BIG day ...

sue.falstaff

O'chOir extraOrdinaire
Are you ready? Have you bought & wrapped all your gifts? Have you decided on your menu? Basically, are you ready for Christmas yet?

So here's where I'm at ...

1) am I ready? - NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I've still got soooooo much to do before I can say "I'm ready". I put my tree up last weekend and strung the lights, but I'm yet to decorate the tree or anywhere else in the house for that matter!

2) have I bought & wrapped my gifts? - NOPE!!!!! I've bought a couple of smaller / stocking filler type gifts, but I still haven't got anything for DH or Big Bruv! And the thought of going into town and fighting my way through all the other shoppers fills me with dread ... :boxing: ... but I fear I may have left it too late to shop on-line. D'oh!

3) have you decided on my menu? - I thought I had! We usually have roast beef for Christmas dinner, but this year DH wants turkey ... oh heck! :hungry:

4) am I ready? - What do you think??!?!?! :faint:

Can I just curl up in a ball and sleep for the next 10 days :sleep: and wake up on Christmas morning to find that Santa & his Elves have worked all their magic? I've been a good girl this year .... honestly :wink:

Come on ladies ... spill the beans / share your confessions / lighten your load / make me feel just that little bit better by knowing I'm not alone in this pre-Christmas mire!

Ellen

ready for what?

I've bought 2 christmas presents for m.i.l , one for mum and 1 for d.i.l. oh and a roll of wrapping paper. Does that count? And I've nearly finished making 2 of my calenders .

There are no decorations,no franticnes in this house. we are going away to Holland for christmas so I couldn't be bothered. easier with no kids around the house.

foodwise- we're going out with the whole family on boxing day 40+and I still don't know where we'll be on christmas day I'm sure we won't go hungry.:bounce:

now for Monday I need to make mulled wine and think of one present for a lady of the Knit and B*tch club.

our "panic "will start 2 days before christmas I reckon

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Have you bought & wrapped all your gifts?
Yes. I only have two to buy gifts for (Alexander and Zelda). We don't buy gifts to eachother. Jumped off that wagon 4 years ago. I have knitted a scarf for my sister, and started on one for mom yesterday. Once that one is finished, I'm done with the gifts.

Have you decided on your menu?
Well of course ... There's only one option in Sweden: smorgasbord. Need to get the shopping done soon, and start cooking.

Basically, are you ready for Christmas yet?
I'd say I am. Since we don't do much about it. Eat well, play games and meet family, it's not much to prepare. Best Christmas gift we ever gave eachother was to decide to SLOW it down, don't get hysterical, just enJOY the season.

hekas

aA Creative Team Member
Have you bought & wrapped all your gifts?
I'm so sad but my answer is no. I bought most of gift for the childrens, but I have to buy something more for my DD. I finished the gift for my DH, mother and grandmother, but I have to buy gifts for my sister, and my laws too. And I have to wrap all of them. And I have only 10 days...

Have you decided on your menu?
No. I wanted to make a chicken in bacon but we went a Christmas party yesterday and I aet it there. So maybe some beef with blueberries. I have to find a good recipe :)

Basically, are you ready for Christmas yet?
In my soul yes :) I have to buy some gift, to find a good recipe but I've no stress, I will ready in time, I'm sure. We haven't got too big Christmas at home. We will have a tree, some nice gifts and we will enjoy each other on 24th. We will visit my mother on 25th, we will celebrate with my sister and her family and with my grandmother. And after lunch we will go to my laws and we will spend out time till new year :)

sue.falstaff

O'chOir extraOrdinaire
LOL, Sue. I'd like to wake up and find it's Boxing Day already!

Bah, Humbug!

I know you don't really mean this, Selena ... get all the kids school stuff out the way & you'll be ho-ho-ho'ing just like the rest of us LOL

foodwise- we're going out with the whole family on boxing day 40+and I still don't know where we'll be on christmas day I'm sure we won't go hungry.:bounce:

now for Monday I need to make mulled wine and think of one present for a lady of the Knit and B*tch club.

Sounds like you're pretty organised, Ellen & going out for dinner on Boxing Day sounds like a GREAT plan! Oh, and I love the name of your club :hurt:

Best Christmas gift we ever gave eachother was to decide to SLOW it down, don't get hysterical, just enJOY the season.

Very sound advice, Eva!

sue.falstaff

O'chOir extraOrdinaire
I've just done 5 online orders from various stores ... all of which say deliveries should be with me by no later than Friday 21st December ... keep your fingers crossed for me that they all arrive on time!

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
ready? no

Tree is not up yet, will do that this weekend (if I get some help Maya!!!!!!)

Presents? No/Yes
We don't do presents for Christmas, we celebrate Sinterklaas and that was already on December 5th! so no more stress!

Food, not ready yet, we celebrate with family and everybody makes something so that is easy!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
1) am I ready? - No.

2) have I bought & wrapped my gifts? -No. Although, I have to admit that I am prob. about 75% done. Waiting on a few to be shipped, a few to be made by me, and a few more to be bought.

3) have you decided on my menu? - Not a clue.......

4) am I ready? - What do you think??!?!?! :faint: :faint:<~ me and Suesy Bluesy together

snowdropz

Am I ready?
Haha! Far from it!

Have I bought & wrapped my gifts?
Bought some but not wrapped yet. Probably next week. Still a few more to get. We tend to give money as pressies (to nieces & nephews) as I find it a waste of time buying stuff that people may not want. If I have to get something, I tend to go for food items.

Have you decided on my menu?
That's my hubby's area. He cooks the Western meal while I do the Chinese. Beside, his cooking is far better than mine!

This year's Christmas will be very low-key as I've two members of my family suffering from cancer and therefore, we are hoping that they will be well enough to join in for the traditional Xmas dinner.

LSlycord

1) am I ready? Christmas tree is up and decorated, wreaths are hanging from banisters, lights on trees in the front yard, cards mailed to my Ofamily
2) have I bought and wrapped gifts - No but in a much better place than I was four days ago. I woke up Wednesday morning and realized that in two weeks, Christmas would be over. That realization sent me directly to the computer to get my shopping done. Still need to take the kids shopping but I think that mine is about done. Brian and I are using our Maui trip in February as our gifts to each other and I give money to all of my nieces and nephew. Have a couple of gifts left to buy but nothing stressful. And the UPS brought the first of the packages yesterday so I plan to start wrapping tonight.
3) have you decided on my menu? - it doesn't change much from year to year; ham, mashed potatoes, corn pudding, broccoli salad, sweet potato casserole, quiche, oyster dressing, strawberry jello salad, pumpkin pie, blackbottom eggnog pie, rolls and butter
4) am I ready? - NO! But when the 25th arrives, I will be ready...one way or another!

hondachicc

AM I READY??????????????????? Well..........if I am not...oh well....when it's all left up to me, they get what they get..........they have to deal with what I managed....and they better not say a word about it :becky:

Can ya tell the "old lady syndrome" has hit me?? I am tired of stressing over it all....and I will not ever do it again!!!

I am really considering converting my family to helping at a shelter and serving Christmas dinner....my Mom has made this suggestion a couple of times....I think rather than the whole "TRYING TO GET IT ALL DONE AND GOING NUTS" thing...it would feel so good to just give in a real way to those who need so much more than we do.

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
I think I am mostly ready. Just have to do some mailing and we're good...I think. Although I am baffled about what to get my in-laws. Ugh!!

scrap-genie

I am NEVER ready as far as I can tell, so some things never get done. But Christmas eve DH and I wrap each other's presents and put them under our "tree" (usually a poinsettia) and suddenly everything is peaceful and happy.

Oh, well. Nice thought. Now if I could get the genealogy newsletter written and mailed it would be helpful...

val

I am definitivly not ready, LOL

I have got everyone a present and the one which need to be sent have aælready arrived where they shold. We are still waiting for the parcel from my Inlaws ... as usual...

all need to be wrapped!
menu need to be ... imagine LOL

But we are all here (the 4 of us) and after a full week end "christmas spirit" I am just eager to go further.

we went to "winter wonderland" ice skating show (organised m-byDD skating club) yesterday. Today we had to go with her classs to a theater show ( a christmas story) and we went to our work "jólaball" (dance of christmas around the tree with 2 icelandic santas (we have 13 of them) coming over to give sweets to the kids.
No need to say that we have heard chistmas carols all along the week end, that the kids are over excited, and ... that I am too!

just a few night more....and I will see the stars shining in their eyes...

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
1) am I ready? -

2) have I bought & wrapped my gifts? -

3) have you decided on my menu? -

4) am I ready? -

NO! to all of the above lol :)

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Val- you are so cute in your new Christmas avi-- so festive!

Aw, Vicki, it will all get done.

Nana- that is an awesome idea!!!! It is something that I toss around in my head, but I still love the family traditions of having everyone here.

I have some of my menu planned. I asked Gary what he wanted me to make for Christmas dinner, and he said a "Big Sandwich." (Was that from Friends? Or Seinfeld?? Can't remember:noidea: ). So I went to Shop Rite online, ordered a 3 foot hero. Now I just have to add some dips and "sides" and that is done. Whew! Not a trad. dinner for sure, but what EVER!!!!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Am I ready?? Well almost, just a couple of stocking stuffers to get. Christmas dinner is at the In-Laws this year so I don't have to cook Hooray!!

dwsewbiz

I feel calm and ready.

House has been decorated for a couple weeks now and looks really nice.

Presents are bought, wrapped and under the tree, or mailed. I just wrote checks for my nieces and nephew...easy. I did put them in customized, stamped and decorated vellum envelopes they can hang on their tree.

Menu is planned and most ingredients are bought except for the things that need to be the freshest. Lasagna and mulled wine...nap-inducing food ;-)

I do have a few more ideas for gifts for my daughter that I may run out and get, and I am supposed to be getting another gift sent that I doubt will arrive, but I can always save it for her birthday in Feb.

I was feeling kind of bad that I did not get much for my hubby but dd came through and bought him a bunch of new clothes (with her Gap employee discount) that she says will be from both of us :)

In return, I am finishing a quilt she and I made for her boyfriend and knitting a pair of socks for one of her friends. I also knit a scarf and hat for her boyfriend's mom. Oh and I can't wait till her boyfriend opens his hat with beard that I made him.

Yup, I am feeling calm and ready.

sue.falstaff

O'chOir extraOrdinaire
I think reading about everyone else is making ME feeling calmer. Thank you!

I did some online shopping on Saturday, 1 item turned up today (AMAZINGLY quick!), another 2 orders are due tomorrow, so I'm not quite as frazzled as I was when I started this thread.

I've just written out the last of my card for family & friends at work and some of those include gift cards, so that's taken care of the gift aspect too. Yeah!

There's still plenty of time ... and afterall, the most important thing is being with people you love, right? Even if I don't get the house decorated. Even if I forget an ingredient. It doesn't really matter, because it's just one day and even if we end up eating beans on toast, as long as it's with family, it'll still taste delicious.

Ellen

that's right Sue, it doesn't matter what you eat. we had macaroni cheese for our first christmas together. We had enough of parties and rich food by then , done the rounds beforehand to meet Toms family , got married in the middle of December civil section in Holland ,church one in the U.K. and a short honeymoon in the Cotswalds. One party after another.
We borrowed s.i.l. house over christmas , she had arranged loads of food for us but...I found a bowl of macaroni in the back of the fridge..yummy

she was not amused when she came back and found out .

mmm is it time to make some christmas cards now? I'll be too late posting , as usual