Oscraps

In search of.... Customer needs help

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
Hello y'all!

I received the following lovely email from Joyce today and she needs some help finding kits that will work for a specific project. I told her the fabulous family here could help, so, please show her what we've got! ;)

Hello Oscraps ---
I am wringing my hands trying to figure out the best way to do something ---- so thought maybe you could give me a suggestion. I just love your site and the artists are so inspiring! I started digital scrapping my parents photo albums back in 2000 before there were sites like yours. My busy work schedule has kept me from finishing the original project – let alone let me get into more creative efforts – which I would love. But I am learning bit by bit. I upgraded to photoshop elements 11 last year ---- bought sommerset studio digial magazine and found some of your designers inspiring work on the pages. It fills me with joy to see what can be done with a black and white photo ! Very inspiring!

Here’s my problem. I want to do an A B C book for my 2 year old grand daughter. I would make a photoshop 8 X 8 page for each of the alphabet letters. I’m hoping to be able to use a picture of Anna on most of the pages and make them fun by telling a story along the way. I would like all of the pages of course, to have similar letters and backgrounds that flow together.

Any suggestions on kits with papers, brushes, templates, overlays, and do dads?

I appreciate any help I can get to be able to get organized and start this project. Baby sister is due June 10 ---- I would like to give the book to Anna at that time.

Thank you so much for your site – and your wonderful designers.

Joyce

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
I created this same book for my daughter. I used some Oscraps collabs. I think I used the 4th Birthday kit which is no longer in the store but SEVEN is. I liked using all one kit and this kit is Mega. We also have a kit coming out next weekend that would be amazing. But check out the collab kits...that way you would have a HUGE matching kit to work with.

petey111

Well, to start off with...

A very simple, easy way to start off would be to use the ABC Quick Page album from Cinzia Loosemore.

But if you want to customize it more than that allows, I am sure we can come up with more. Let me brainstorm a bit and come back!

petey111

Joanne's got these wonderful clipped photo letters that she recently released:

Another think you could do is browse the alphabet section (right here) and see which ones you like. Then see the kits at the bottom of the page that it shows as coordinating. OR search the gallery for that alphabet and see what kits other people have put with it.

Like this Child's Play alpha from Crafty Button goes with her Child's Play kit/bundle.

Like this one from Tracy Martin that I randomly hit upon:

I would search the gallery for Messy Graffiti Alpha and see what people used with it.

Hope that helps a little!

Rikki

I made an ABC album last year and used those awesome letters from Studio 68. The advantage is that they blend beautifully and can be used as great masks for any paper you want to work with.

Ellen

What a lovely idea Joyce , I was just wondering yesterday about how I was going to make my 2 year old granddaughters next book.

There's so much to choose from

How about the Little Bookworm kit from Charlize Designs - it's got cheery colours an alphabet ; little girls books http://www.oscraps.com/shop/product.php?productid=31037&page=2

CC_LittleBookworm_Kitz.jpg

combine that with some animals from

Zoofelties by Clever Monkey Designs
tmonette_zoo-feltys200.jpg

tmonette_farm-feltys200.jpg

or if you want more realistic ones

Farmanimals by Anna Aspnes
xctmpIeSJzA.png

xctmpzAvMXG.png

Wild Animals by Anna Aspnes
AASPN_WildAnimals1_200.jpg

the wooden lasercuts by Maya de Groot
MdGroot_WLC_200.jpg

some of her toys and objects around her for the first letters? or a photo of a familymember or pet?