Oscraps

I got my results today

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
My surgeon called and said they found cancer and pre-cancer. His office will call me tomorrow to get me in to do some type of test to make sure it did not spread to my lymph nodes. The lesion they took was very small- about the size of a pencil eraser and the margins were clear which is good. They will test the lesion to see what receptors it has. That will help them know how to treat me. I would appreciate your prayers that it is not in my lymph nodes. I am very sad as I did not want my daughters to have to worry about breast cancer but this will put them at a higher risk category, My heart is sad. I feel so bad for my girls. :(

joyfulheartdesigns

Jenn :)
Designer
Oh no, I am so VERY sorry, my sweet Evelyn!!!! :sad2::hug1: That is good that the margins are clear...I hope it hasn't spread...man, I hate that you are having to deal with this!! Please do keep us updated...you've got this!!!!!! :heartpumpred::beatingheart::heartpumppink::beatingheart::heartpumpred:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Oh, Evelyn, I was JUST thinking about you. I'm SO sorry that you got this diagnosis, but I'll pray that it's going to be easy to treat. Sending you so many huge, love and prayers. :hug3::grouphugyay::praying2::praying2::praying2::praying2::praying2:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Oh no! It's good that there were clear margins so really hoping that it hasn't spread to any lymph nodes, sending you buckets of positive and healing thoughts Evelyn that it doesn't. xxx :hug2: :heartpumplove:

WendyPage

Designer
I'm so sorry it wasn't better news, sending a big hug and lots of prayers your way! xxx

char8182

Evelyn sending healing prayers and positive vibes to you! I was diagnosed with breast cancer 8 years ago Just before I turned sixty five, it had not spread, was stage 2 and still in the milk ducts. I opted for a double Mastectomy because of a cousin who had a lumpectomy At 40 and the cancer came back 13 years later with a vengeance and she had a difficult time with it. Ask questions and get all the info you can and then make a decision how you want to tackle this challenge. Hugs char

Last edited:

*sylvia*

♥→o←♥
CHEERY O
I am so sorry to read this bad news, Evelyn. But that's a good sign that the margins are clear. Hugs to you and fingers crossed. :beatingheart:

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
Oh, no.... I'm so sorry you have to go through that... sending you tons of positive energy and hoping for a successful treatment plan.

Jeannette

CHEERY O
I'm so sorry for you. I was diagnosed at the age of 49. I'm 55 now. The doctors can do so much these days, so try not to worry too much. Not all breastcancers are heritable. I have a daugther too, I understand your worries, but do you already know if the cancer you have is heritable? Dending positive vibes your way!!

LSlycord

Oh Evelyn. I am so sorry. Ask the questions! Make sure the doctors and nurses give you the information that you need. I am praying that it hasn't spread to the lymph nodes...the clear margins are a very good sign! And, there is a test that you can take to determine if your daughters are genetically pre-disposed to breast cancer. My mother and my maternal great-grandmother both had breast cancer so my mom had the testing done and I am not genetically pre-disposed.

Praying for answers and peace as you walk this journey.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Evelyn sending healing prayers and positive vibes to you! I was diagnosed with breast cancer 8 years ago Just before I turned sixty five, it had not spread, was stage 2 and still in the milk ducts. I opted for a double Mastectomy because of a cousin who had a lumpectomy At 40 and the cancer came back 13 years later with a vengeance and she had a difficult time with it. Ask questions and get all the info you can and then make a decision how you want to tackle this challenge. Hugs char
Thank you so much, Char. There is a lot to consider and absorb.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
I'm so sorry for you. I was diagnosed at the age of 49. I'm 55 now. The doctors can do so much these days, so try not to worry too much. Not all breastcancers are heritable. I have a daugther too, I understand your worries, but do you already know if the cancer you have is heritable? Dending positive vibes your way!!
Thank you so much, Jeannette. We have not gotten the results back yet to see what receptors this cancer has. When that is determined, we will know what type it is.

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Oh Evelyn. I am so sorry. Ask the questions! Make sure the doctors and nurses give you the information that you need. I am praying that it hasn't spread to the lymph nodes...the clear margins are a very good sign! And, there is a test that you can take to determine if your daughters are genetically pre-disposed to breast cancer. My mother and my maternal great-grandmother both had breast cancer so my mom had the testing done and I am not genetically pre-disposed.

Praying for answers and peace as you walk this journey.
Thank you so much, Linda. I am so thankful you did not inherit the genes for breast cancer. I pray my daughters and granddaughters will not have this.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
I know this is not the news you wanted to get, Evelyn, but I have every confidence that you will come out of this with flying colors!

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
So sorry it is not the results you hoped for,
thinking of you and sending positive vibes!

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
Oh Sweetie - I am so sorry to hear that you didn't get the results you wished for! I will add you to my prayers each night for your kicking cancer to the curb! My brother is going through radiation and chemo right now, so it will be easy to remember you in those fervent prayers as well!

It sounds like you have a good prognosis!!