Oscraps

How do you cope with the guilt?

Bush Girl

I've just been through all my LOs over the last 2 yrs (which I apply keywords to - how spoddy is that!) and have come to the guilty realisation that I have nearly twice as many LOs about DS2 as DS1 (with DD coming in the middle).

Thankfully, my boys aren't bothered by my scrapbooking at the moment (and in reality probably never will be), but oh my goodness do I feel guilty!!! All entirely self-induced of course, for which chocolate and Diet Coke will make me feel much better - and a morning's uninterrupted scrapping. I do realise that we take much better photos now (funnily enough, since DS2 has been on the scene), but this just adds to the guilt of having crappy photos of the older kids and a lack of LOs.

So my question to those of you with multiple kids - how do you cope with the guilt? Do you deliberately try to create an even number of pages per child?

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I am sort of inthe same boat- onlyu 2 kids though,. I have many more of Caitlyn than Scott. I think one of the reasons is that being older (12) and a *boy* (eye roll here)Scott doesn't like his picture taken. or when he does get it taken there are usually goofy faces or rabbit ears involved.
The number of "good" pictures I have of Cait is much higher than of Scott. Which makes it easier for me to scrap her than him. Unless I am doing a LO like this one:Wacked

As for the guilt, I think choclate is good. Chocolate is always the answer LOL

schneeflocke

I honestly never thought of that, but I even if there were a difference, I wouldn't feel guilty at all - it's just about the photos, not about the children at all. ;-)

snappy2003

awww, Selena, don't feel guilty! I have 2 kids, DD and DS, but most of my layouts are of my furbabies, LOL. I have tons more photos of DD than DS in the more recent yrs, because, like Chris my DS doesn't let me take his photo and if/when I do it is usually from a distance or his face is covered. And, I have yet to scan photos that are in my paper albums which includes all of their photos from their first 18 yrs or so.

So, just eat some choco and have a diet Coke, LOL. And scrap some more about whatever you like ;), you aren't the only one in the same boat.

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
You can always scrap more!!
I guess I have more LO's of Haye than of Maya, but I'm lucky, Maya can make her own LO's. I'm already happy I don't have to be in LO's myself!

SeaShelly

Same here Darlin'

More of the pets than anything...more of DD than DS, and more of DH than DS
When he has teased about it, I tell him how he doesn't like being in the photos, so he usually doesn't really take a good photo. He agrees. Of course, he is now 27.
And then on the other hand...since he was the first child...we have more baby photos of him. He used to smile all the time when he was a tot.

Just be sure each child knows he is very special in his own way.

And I say...go for the chocolate for sure~! LOL

hugs~

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
So, here's how I have decided to look at it, because I have a lot more LOs of DD than DS. There are a lot more cute kits to use with girls than with boys, so it can't possibly be my fault that I have more layouts of her than him. That, and she poses better than he does. He likes to give me this dorky cheesy smile that just makes him look goofy or else he just gets crazy. But how many "crazy kid" LOs can you do without giving him a complex?? So, no guilt because it is just not my fault. :p

t_a_l_i

I try really hard to do an equal amount of pages for all 3 kids, so I don't feel too guilty there. The only thing I feel badly about is that I have done many more pages of the boys when they were babies than of Ella, because I was still only paper scrapping when she was a baby, and I have done way more digi pages than paper.

hondachicc

Awe sweetie!! No guilt!! it just works out like that sometimes....I have three grandchildren, 2 boys (5 and 2 yo) and a 9 mo girl....the 2 yo boy has way more pages...because he is a "cheesy" kind of kid...he loves the camera and the camera loves him....no way to always even it out...you just gotta do what you can....Love comes in many forms....we found that with our children, trying to do things "even" just never worked out...they are all so different...we do even but just in different ways...so eat up the choco and drink the diet drink...and be proud of yourself!!:D

WendyW

I don't notice it until all of a sudden I'll have four layouts in a row of one daughter! It just seems to matter which one was most photogenic the last time I pulled the camera out, lol! But I have way more of the girls than I do my boy. I think it's for the same reasons listed above...I don't have as many good photos. I've been scrapping Aiden's baby photos lately, though! I'm so all over the place....I really need to crack down and focus on making them "books". But it seems like I'm constantly saying that, loL!

As for the guilt...nah...the only guilt I feel is when I spend too much time on the computer and not enough time with the kids!!! :)

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Hey Selena! I agree with the comments above..........no need to feel guilty! You may have noticed that the majority of my LO's are with my grandaughters.........especially with my eldest grandaughter but that's only because her Mum is a photographer and she takes really brilliant photos!! Of my own children.........their photos are far and few in between......we had the ol' instamatic cameras back then which don't make for good photos!! but I am slowly putting together a book for all of my children, will most probably need another lifetime, but hey! I am slowly getting there. As to my grandsons, like other mothers of boys have already said, the photos are sometimes so dorky you just can't scrap 'em cause you are laughing so much!! soooooooooo YES, just go with the chockky cake and diet coke (is that what is called a balanced diet....balancing the too sugary with the no sugar ??) :) and just scrap the things you want to...........somehow I don't think your children will use the number of layouts to measure your love for them ...... I think you show them that each day by just being their MUM!! ........... so off with you and go and enjoy that balanced meal!! :) xx
PS I typed this out this morning (like 8hrs ago) and just as I was posting it it just went dead....stuck......hung......I did a quick copy and paste into Notepad to save the text and then wasn't able to get onto the site all day! Weird!!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
YES, just go with the chockky cake and diet coke (is that what is called a balanced diet....balancing the too sugary with the no sugar ??)
ROTF!!
Love it - totally a balanced diet!

And for all of you other moms-- how do you get your sons to *not* act dorky?? What's the secret??
(or is it, as I theorize, a defect on that Y chromosome?)

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Chris - is there a secret?? becaus emine does the same thing. I think it is just in their nature and they can't do anything else.

t_a_l_i

My boys are only 21 months but they are already acting like dorks. :D lol!! Ella does a cheesy smile or runs from the camera frequently. I think it is because I take too many photos. Jacob does love the camera - so I have more photos of him. And as soon as I get the camera out, Boden runs directly TO the camera, so most of my photos of him are sneaking around the corner or else I have a close-up of his nose hairs. ;)

Bush Girl

Oh girls, thank you for all the support and it;s so good to know that I'm not the only one who is an "uneven" scrapper. I do realise that my kids really don't and probably won't give two hoots about this, but it's just another of those parenting areas that I've managed to turn in to guilt.

The chocolate is sure helping - I wish, it's strictly off the diet at the moment!

So, in an attempt to redress my failings as a scrapbooking mum, all my LOs this weekend have featured DS1, Paddy, here:

https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=94949&cat=500&ppuser=10728

and here:

https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=94954&cat=500&ppuser=10728

and here:

https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=94427&cat=500&ppuser=10728

Off to think up some more!

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
selena!!! you are sooooo awesome, chica!!! (btw, i just finished a hershey's bar for you...i allow myself sweets on the weekend so I'm not a crazy dieter through the week!! LOL!!)

I actually wasnt' even paying attention to how many LOs I was doing of each kid...until Krista and I started noticing that my emma wasn't in very many LOs!! so we started calling her the forgotten child!! LOL!! I think I probably scrap quentin the most, cause he's always around when i get the camera out! and he poses...LOL!!! this weekend camping, i only took five or six pics of lillian (out of 300) because she spent most of the weekend in her bff's tent playing!! LOL!!

but, since I ate all that chocolate, you shouldn't feel any guilt!!

my guilt is actually from not printing out my LOs...*sigh* the world is full of problems, huh??? LOL!!!