Oscraps

Homemade Christmas gifts and decorations

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Okay guys...since another thread was started reminding us of how close christams is getting it reminded me that I want to do some homemade stuff this year but have no idea of what that might be. So I thought I would start a thread since a lot of that homemade stuff takes awhile, especially with the kids' help and I need to time to wrap my brain around but if I wait too long I won't have time to make stuff either. So I would lime to know what types of stuff you guys make as gifts and also as decorations...as you think of it over the next few months.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Homebaked goodies are always a welcome treat and you can make some pretty little boxes to put them in as well. And the of couse a handmade card is nice as well, I normally do that for my family and close friends.

SueCummings

Defined + Designed
Designer
I'm so glad you started this thread...
You might be seeing less of my designs in the next few months because I am
bound and determined to get some Christmas gifts made this year.

First on my list ...Shutterfly and Blurb Books!!!!

xoxoxosue

helenh

the best cooking for Christmas to take somewhere I have ever seen is chocie bickie (chocolate cookie for my northern friends) and I mean real chocolate cover (mint slices Ona!) and onto that melt/stick a mint leaf lolly (candy LOL gosh you really need an Aussie dictionary!) and jaffa jaffa - red candy ball.

Looks like hollie and tastes even better.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
oooh Curly that sounds so yummmy!! it is afternoon tea time here and now I want a chocie bickie!!!!! have you got the recipe????? uh??? :biggrin:

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
and jaffas!!! we used to roll them down the picture theater isles when we were kids!!! :biggrin: (what a waste I am thinking now!!! :))

And albums always sound good Sue. I am thinking of doing one for each of my grown up kids next year for their birthdays though, this will give me more time to do them. :)

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Please stop talking about C-Mas! LOL

I was in Michaels the other day and picked up a couple of things I might need for Faery-Wings baskets. Its too early to think about on the one hand, but unless I want to make myself crazy in December, you are right, I need to start thinking about it now.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Helen and Ona (and Nana Linda too??) You are so kooky! Larry, Moe and Curly! On top of Thelma and Louise.... the WWW is going to think that Oscraps is a nut-house!

Oh. You mean it already does?

:oops:

Ellen

I always make a few birthday calendars and normal calenders with photos of the grandchildren ( great grandchildren) in it
all my christmas cards are handmade in fact I have not bought one for at least 15 years.( it's a sin in my eyes:grin:)

fudge goes down well here .if it ever makes it as far as the christmas tree.

addressbook? telephone book; a handmade box or container with a variety of handmade cards ; little notebooks., a recipe box with family recipies

LaurieW

lOve the O!
homemade recipe book with family recipes and photos- of the person known for making it, with your young ones- you could buy white candles and there are candle decorating pens, they could decorate candles for gifts, make a hybrid bag with your favorite digikit and plop them in!

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Helen and Ona (and Nana Linda too??) You are so kooky! Larry, Moe and Curly! On top of Thelma and Louise.... the WWW is going to think that Oscraps is a nut-house!

Oh. You mean it already does?

:oops:

Wait what? It isn't? I have been horribly mistaken then.

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
I'm loving those three stooges siggys, too!! LOL!!!

Just wanted to point out that I have a store (etsy) filled with handmade goodies for Christmas!!! :) just saying...get your orders in quick...my time is filling up!! LOL~~ (boy, if that wasn't shameless pimping, i don't know what is!!)

hondachicc

Just wanted to point out that I have a store (etsy) filled with handmade goodies for Christmas!!! :) just saying...get your orders in quick...my time is filling up!! LOL~~ (boy, if that wasn't shameless pimping, i don't know what is!!)

Sal!!!! I WILL BE SHOPPING :mrgreen: I LOVE ONLINE SHOPPING FOR CHRISTMAS!!!

Myoldanlac

I Love TaylorMadeDesigns

LOL her time is filling up with completing my orders :)

8 Advent Calendars
5 Santa Blankets
1 Baptism Quilt

biograffiti

I love making christmas gifts! But this year I am already feeling short on time LOL. I'm working on a calendar w/ pics of the grandkids for the kiddo to Grandparent gift. I'm using the collab quickie from Cinzia & me (calendar toppers) and then I'm going to upload to Shutterfly for printing and include all the birthdays, etc. I'm doing one of these for our family in france too but Shutterfly doesn't print Mon-Sun so I'm having to make this one and print at home using Matte Photo paper and then I'll run it over to Persnickety Prints and see if they'll bind it for me. Aack! I have to have this one done by Friday since Chris is heading to Paris on Saturday!!

I usually do a big family book type project too but this year is just too busy for that. I might try to make one of my coupon books for my SIL... She's a total coupon clipper LOL.

I think that will be all the handmade goodies I do this year... There's something about having a 3 year old and a full time job and designing that doesn't leave me with as much time as I would like to create. And, I know call me selfish but I love to create stuff (like the calendars) where it's easy for me to make myself a copy too LOL :) That's the beauty of digital ha, ha.:rofl:

petey111

I think a 12 x 12 page framed in a scrapbook frame (from Hobby Lobby) always makes a nice touch. A 4 x 6 brag book is great too and we have lots of those templates in the shop. Toffee and fudge here too are popular. As are ranch crackers and Chex school fuel. I also do some calendars. Collages work well too. :)

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
I think a 12 x 12 page framed in a scrapbook frame (from Hobby Lobby) always makes a nice touch. A 4 x 6 brag book is great too and we have lots of those templates in the shop. Toffee and fudge here too are popular. As are ranch crackers and Chex school fuel. I also do some calendars. Collages work well too. :)

dude, you can send me fudge anytime!!! love these ideas~

JDsMom

I totally drove myself nuts last Christmas trying to get everyone's gift finished last year--calendars, dayplanners, embellished photo frames, etc. I told myself that this year was for ME. No scrappy presents for anybody. Yeah, sure...how long you think THAT'S gonna last?!!

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
I need to do that too. I missed all the calendar sales and ended up giving calendars that started in March. LAME!!!

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Well, let's set some goals this year. If you are making a calendar. How about everyone get it ready for printing by Halloween? That should be doable, right? The only picture I would be missing is the santa picture...but I could make a page minus the photo and plop it in for printing once I get it. I can do that. So, I set that as a goal for everybody doing calendars...who's in??

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
oh...and I don't do photo albums for anybody because in January or febuary Winkflash does a flat rate 8x8 or 12x12 album up to 100 pages for 12.95 or 26.95. So I give those away for mother's day, but still from the year before. and it is totally appreciated.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Well, let's set some goals this year. If you are making a calendar. How about everyone get it ready for printing by Halloween? That should be doable, right? The only picture I would be missing is the santa picture...but I could make a page minus the photo and plop it in for printing once I get it. I can do that. So, I set that as a goal for everybody doing calendars...who's in??
Did you just see the freebies by Cinzia and Molly?? Merkee has a gorgeous set of wallet calendars int he shop too. I think I am going to pick some of them up and get working on that-- keep after me Soul Sista of Procrastination, OK??