Oscraps

hey there

LaughingSun

budding digi scrapper. use software right now because I suck at designs & layouts... but I'm getting there slowly!

mom to 2 wonderful kidlets, 2yo girlie (almost 3) and 5yo boy. girlie is in preschool and lovin it. homeschoolin boy Grade 1 stuff b/c he is a smartie (he's in JK).

workin at home for a webdesigner and lovin it. not doin design stuff tho... I'm severely designer challenged :rofl:. also do some home customer service work for a Cloth Diaper Manufacter :lol: and that's a blast as well! love workin at home!

anyway, hi to all and can't wait to do more scrappin :)

Andrea

helenh

Welcome Andrea, I hope you find the O to be your new home. Jump right in - challenges are a great way to get you going.

Enjoy!

LaughingSun

do any of you use a specific software? I'm using CM SBC+. It's fantastic, however I'm finding some limitations...

katg1006

Welcome to the "O" :)

I know most of our Members use Photoshop elements, CS v. 2, 3 or 4 or Gimp.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Andrea- so nice to meet ya! Sounds like you have your hands full- in a good way. Glad you found the O- and don't hesitate to ask any questions or jump right into the convo's!

Yam

Welcome Andrea!!! you are so lucky working from home! I wish I could find an opportunity like this!
Oscraps is your digi family, if you need something, you just feel free to ask! We love to have you here!

LaughingSun

thank you ladies! I'm so excited that I dreamed scrapbooking all last night :grin:

and yes, working from home certainly has it's benefits! I actually used to own a Cloth Diaper business but I sold it summer of 2008. While it was fantastic owning my own biz, it really started getting really busy and I had no time for family (hence the reason to stay home). I already had 2 home jobs secured at that point so I happily sold. Work for both jobs now is sporadic but they're generally enough to pay for my Scrapbook habit :wink: LOL

but working for a webdesigner has given me a new insight into the web world, etc. but I'm still quite challenged when it comes to design LOL. I don't do any design anyway... likely never will and I'm fine with that. I do lots of other things and absolutely love working for somebody else yet at home.

and the cloth diapers? ha, that will always be a passion and by working for a manufacturer, keeps me in the loop of all the new things LOL... I'm still quite addicted even though I don't have any kids in diapers anymore.

man, I just got a new laptop and I already have 100GB of data... pictures and scrapping stuff... eeks!!! hope I don't need an external drive lol.

hondachicc

Hi Andrea!!!!!!!! You will just love it here!! We are so happy you joined us..and yes...jump in on the challenges!!! That's how lots of people get started here!!

EHStudios

I lOve Me Some O!
Hi Andrea! Welcome to the O & the world of digi-scrapping. Sorry to say though, but I think you will need an external drive if you become addicted here like the rest of us ;)

LaughingSun

Hi Andrea! Welcome to the O & the world of digi-scrapping. Sorry to say though, but I think you will need an external drive if you become addicted here like the rest of us ;)

yea, I figure. however, we do have a home server (which is getting a makeover right now), so technically I should be ok. Although I do goto scrappy workshops and bring the laptop so I like to have most of it stored here. We'll see how full I get ;)

katg1006

Andrea -
hope I don't need an external drive lol.
You will ;)

Listen a tip from all of us - make sure you back up your purchases and layouts! We have all at least once shed tears over lost photos, layouts or kits because a computer crashed or a EHD failed (((hugs))). Want to save you that pain!

LaughingSun

Andrea - You will ;)

Listen a tip from all of us - make sure you back up your purchases and layouts! We have all at least once shed tears over lost photos, layouts or kits because a computer crashed or a EHD failed (((hugs))). Want to save you that pain!

lol

will back up for sure... DH is going to be setting up our new server so I'll back it all up there :)

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Welcome to the O Andrea! I have already seen some of your lovely LO's in the gallery! so glad you have found us!! :)

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Welcome to the O Andrea. I've already seen you making yourself at home here!! It is easy to do. I call my kids kidlets too. That cracked me up. LOL!! Welcome!