Oscraps

Hello, from western Washington State

sandra-9663

Hello, from western Washington State, in the foothills of beautiful Mount Rainier. I'm a retired accountant, living in a rural area, with my 2 Border Collies (Mick and Ranger). Ranger and I are training for sheep herding, and we've entered a few herding trials (at the beginners novice level). Mick and I play at agility, but have never entered a competition. When I retired, I bought a spinning wheel, and I'm learning how to spin yarn from sheep's wool. I also bought a small rigid heddle loom, to play with weaving. I belong to a quilting and needlework group, too. Cross stitching is one of my favorite hobbies. I have Photoshop CS5. I want to learn more about Photoshop and all the wonderful things it will do. I created an Avatar, and I hope it worked. I didn't know what "Profile Picture" was, so I put the same graphic in both places. I created a page for the "Day 2 What Christmas Looks Like" challenge, and I will attempt to upload the page. Wish me luck!!! (I need to find the rules about page size, etc.)

margje

The O is awesOme
Hello Sandra! Welcome to Oscraps! Wishing you lots of fun here! If you have questions don't be afraid to ask! Looking forward to your page!

Last edited by a moderator:

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Hi Sandra. Welcome to the O! I love dogs and bordie collies are one of my faves, they are such smart and gorgeous dogs. Sounds like you have some wonderful hobbies. Looking forward to seeing your pages!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Welcome to OScraps, Sandra. Glad you found you way here. I love your darling Avatar! The Avatar is what shows up when you post to the forum/gallery. The Profile photo is what will show when your personal page is visited. They can be the same or a different photo.

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
Welcome to Oscraps, Sandra! We look forward to getting to know you. It looks like you're off to a great start!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Sandra, your life sounds fascinating and creative- and serene! I am really impressed but am of the things that you do, dogs and crafting being two of my favorite activities.
I have CS5 so if you need any help with that software, feel free to ask any time.
Happy to have you join us at the O!

sandra-9663

Thank you, everyone, for the warm welcome!! .. This is my 5th post, which means that I can now post in the Forum threads. My next challenge will be linking the two pages that I've posted to the Day 2 and the Day 5 threads. I may need to call upon my daughter and her hubby, who are both computer techs, for their help!!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
:welcome: to your new home here at the O Sandra! Please ask away if you need help with anything at all!

veer

I love the "O"
CHEERY O
Welcome Sandra ! You have a few fantastic hobbies! Have fun with photoshop, watch out once you know how it works and get hooked :flame:

zanthia

CHEERY O
welcome to oscraps sandra - i lived in seattle metro area for many years and one time went to Roy for sheep herding. it was a fun day with my dog but he was not a herding dog.

Lorie Davison

I'm O'm
Designer
Welcome Sandra, we're sort of neighbors. I live in central Idaho. It's beautiful here but I think your forests are more magical. Love your avatar. I'm still working with CS5 and haven't yet heard of any tempting reasons to upgrade.

Danesa

Danesa
Welcome, Sandra! So glad you found your way to Oscraps. Your pups sound amazing and what a beautiful area of the country you live in. You have wonderful hobbies, sounds like. Glad you are making us one of them! :)

sandra-9663

Thank you, everyone, for the warm welcomes!! I'm so very thankful for all your positive and encouraging comments. I have lots to learn, and this is the perfect place, and the challenges are Awesome!!
Sandra
:)

Kythe

CHEERY O
Welcome to both Ryan and Sandra.
Sandra, I am just north of you in BC not far from the border.