Oscraps

Hello from Fuerteventura

ohsewella

Hello im Helena from Germany and now living on Fuerteventura.
I scrapped 2007 till 2010 more or less and now want to start again.
Yesterday I searched for all my old loved Designers, and actually found some of them.
So i bought some kits, and acidentally found some really old Kits on my Security Disk, i never expected that, its not much, i guess 3/4 of my Kits are lost... but at least i found a bit from Jofia Devoe, MK Design, NDL, SussieM, Natali Design, Kasia and Kitty.
I hope to find some more of the old ones and of course great new one.
So i hope i will start soon. I found some ols Scraps of my son. And there is one thing of embellishment i would really really love to have back...
So i go on sorting my files, i bought like 10 Kits yesterday^^
Happy to found a forum, just because i searched for jofia, i didnt notice when i shopped here yesterday XD

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
Welcome to Oscraps Helena! The world of digital scrapbooking has changed a lot since 2010 and I am sure you will find it fascinating! There are lots of new techniques and styles...

It's great that you found new designers you like here and all that shopping must have been fun! I can't wait to see what you create! Please do come and share your pages with us.

ohsewella

Thank you all :)
@Jam-on-toast what changed? and what new techniques are there?
i need to learn a new program now.... bc im not willing to pay ps... but i guess its working...made my first today...its in the gallerz, dont know if i did it right :D

joyfulheartdesigns

Jenn :)
Designer
Welcome back to the world of digi scrapping, Helena, and to Oscraps!! :cowwaving: That is great that you were actually able to find some of your older purchases! I look forward to seeing your creations :beatingheart:

AZK

Queen of the Universe
CHEERY O
Welcome, Helena! I've never heard of Fuerteventura - perhaps you can make some layouts about it! Your first layout in the gallery is adorable-I look forward to seeing more of your work!

Jam-on-toast

CHEERY O
Thank you all :)
@Jam-on-toast what changed? and what new techniques are there?
i need to learn a new program now.... bc im not willing to pay ps... but i guess its working...made my first today...its in the gallerz, dont know if i did it right :D

Well, it feels there is more emphasis on mixed media and blending... so photo treatment and filters and blend modes can turn your pages into a work of art....

pocket pages were all the rave at some point but that seems to have passed... nowadays more and more scrappers create art journaling or photoless pages... scrapbooking is not just about documenting events but inner thoughts and feelings.

ohsewella

@Jam-on-toast ah ok... so i guess im very old fashioned at the moment XD indeed its verz strange to see so much without pictures, but its nice, like journaling more creative... i never documented much events, because i dont have so much pictures maybe thats a good chance for me :)
@AZK its on island of the canaries which belongs to spain, but is only 60km from the coast of marocco. so its like on of the most south european parts i would say :) climate is more like warm, but desert but not too hot. and if you watch films which play on the moon, its possible done here ;)
nice idea to maybe scrap about this...for me its meanwhile so normal^^ thanks for the idea :)

Reactions: AZK

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
:welcome2: Hello Helena from the other side of the world, Australia! :) We live in the state of Tasmania which is a small island located at southern tip of the mainland, approx 240 kilometres (150 miles) off the coast of Victoria. Welcome to Oscraps and welcome back to digiscrapping, if you ever need a hand with anything then please just ask. For help with the forum you can ask HERE and for any help with the scrapping side you can ask HERE. There is always someone around to give you a hand. :):flower:

LSlycord

Hello Helena! Welcome to Oscraps. I also was away from digital scrapping for a long time but, while it has changed, there is still plenty that is the same. Mainly the very nice people. Can't wait to see your layouts.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Welcome to Oscraps. Yes, scrap about where you live, it sounds so interesting. Have fun with all the new digi kits you bought.