Oscraps

Hello from Australia

Tamsin

Stumbled on a scrap using Anna's artlines and tracked it down to here - had a quick look round and signed up right away. Oscraps is a wonderful site - can't wait to shop. Not sure about posting to the gallery because I have a huge learning curve in front of me. Have only just got the hang of photoshop 7 - sort of LOL - and want to get CS5 sometime this year so I can do some of what you girls are doing. The work I see here is fabulous. Am here to study and learn and have fun. Will just jump in and see what happens.

:wave:

yvonnahenna

Hi! Welcome to the O!!
Good to hear you tracked down Anna and end up here :D

Don't hesistate to post your layouts! I think everybodys first layouts are way different than a few months later. I also had to learn a lot LOL It's fun to get comments, and browse the gallery, you'll see different styles that you think you like, and start experimenting with different layouts :D

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
Hi Tamsin, welcome to the O

Don´t be afraid to show your layouts, we we´re all beginners when we started to scrap. Or join our challenges, always something fun to learn in our techniques challenge.

Tamsin

Madi, I went straight to your blog and found it so different. Decided immediately to scraplift your Christmoose LOL Never in a million years would I have thought of a brown background to go with Christmas red. Just so different. Love it. Have bookmarked your blog :dance:

Yvonne - hope I may call you that - I ran an investigation to see what Cheery Os get up to but couldn't find out. Do enlighten LOL

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Hi Tamsin and welcome to Ocsraps!
I have to second everything that Yvon said- just go ahead and post what you do create, we love to see them all. Its also fun to go back in time and find your early pages. I know when I first started posting here, my pages were pretty, ummm.... interesting ;)

If you get stuck, try some of the templates in the store. We have a wide variety if styles from clean (Paislee Press) to the extreme (anna A)

LaurieW

lOve the O!
Welcome Tasmin- I agree with the others! Jump in to the challenges and see where it leads you. It is a wonderful journey to be on. We Cheery-O's are the Oscraps creative team and cheery helpers!

whatnext

HI, Tamsin! wow, it's great that you tracked us down here! PLEASE, don't wait to post. feel easy about asking questions in the forum or of anyone here at Oscraps. a kinder bunch of people you'll never find. we all want to learn this skill, and we're all doing it TOGETHER!! so excellent that you're joining us.

trista

O so scrappy!
So excited to have a newcomer and fellow Anna admirer here at the O!! Welcome Tamsin! I too agree with everyone here. Jump right in and make yourself at home. Experimenting with everything is the best way to get started. You will find great techniques right here in the forums. There are great challenges here which will encourage you to try new things. ;) There is also a tips and techniques area on the blog.Can't wait to see what you create!

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Welcome to the O!! I'm glad you found us here. Please don't be shy about posting in the gallery. We all start somewhere and it is fun to be able to open up the gallery and see how you have progressed. Plus, if you ever get stuck or need help, it is a great place to post and ask for some help. Good luck with this new hobby of yours.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Welcome home to the "O" Tamsin!! You will love it here and don't worry, you will be a pro in no time!! Can't wait to see your layouts, I bet you are better at it then you think!!

sberkan

Hi Tamsin! Welcome here! I'm glad you've found us and are enjoying the "O"! Don't worry about those first pages...we love to see what you do! We all started at one time or another, too :)

dlhoffer

There's no place like hOme!
Welcome to the O, Tasmin!! Make yourself at hOme, and I can't wait to see what you create! :)

mrstoa

mrstoa
Hi, Tasmin and welcOme to our "O" hOme

We are a friendly bunch and we are all learning!!

So don't be hesitant to post and if you want help or help shout :)

Tamsin

Thank you so much for a lovely welcome. :) I will certainly have a go and see what I can do . Will probably have heaps of questions especially when I get CS5 and try some of the more advanced (for me) techniques. At the moment I have a few thousand photos in albums that need to see the light of day so I better get started :laugh:

Many thanks again for making me feel at home. :)

Tamsin

May I ask where to post a question re the shop. I tried two forums and got the message that I didn't have access to the forum until I'd posted 5 times. This will make 4 LOL

Just that I want to order a heap of Anna's incredible stash which takes time on my connection speed and so I keep getting logged out and lose my order. Have resorted to putting it all on the wish list so I don't forget what I want to order. Now want to delete a few things because I went overboard and can't find anywhere on the wish list page where I can delete specific items. Is this possible. What's the best way to get around this problem.

And where should I post messages like this

yvonnahenna

Hi Tamsin,
https://ozone.oscraps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20 here is the part where you can post questions. :D
And if you want to raise your postcount, the best en most fun way is to brows the gallery. You'll see beautiful lots of different layouts. Leave comments, and you'll get some more posts.
You can also upload some layouts, those also raise your postcount.

The wishlist, if you enter the wishlist, under every product you can click details - add to cart - delete so thats where you delete stuff :)
I hope this answer helps?

annaaspnes

annaaspnes
Designer
Hi Tamsin! Waving at you. Everyone here is happy to help your with the learning curve. There's a free Instructions for Use eBooklet in the FreeART category of my store. I also post tutorials on my blog and in the AnnaNews NewsLetter. Big warm welcome to Oscraps.

Tamsin

Thank you so much. Have figured out the problem of deleting from the wish list. I had to scroll across the page and make the page smaller. Don't know why but no matter - problem is solved.

Anna I will looking you up wherever you're at. I have fallen in love with your work. I'm simply in awe.

Yvonnahenna, you are so helpful. Thank you so much.

Okay. Looks like it's all systems go. I'm so excited :wave:

yvonnahenna

Good to hear it's solved Tamsin!

I think there might be something wrong with the setup. It looks the same for me the way you describe this.
It's not listed in 1 row, but all over the page.

snowdropz

Well, I followed Anna here too! She kinda inspired me when I first started digi scrapping. Welcome to Oscraps and don't hesitate to ask for help if you need it!

petey111

Welcome to the O!!!! Just give us a holler if you have any questions. We have a few Aussies around here that give this place a bad name, but we'll try to keep them in check!!! LOL

quilt118

Hi Tamsin. I'm a newbie too! I've only had PSElements since June and was slowly learning the basics. I found Anna and OScraps and jumped in head first. I love Anna's Layered Templates and Samplers and you have the various elements to combine in other pages later. If you ever want to compare notes or commiserate just drop me a message. We can grope around together. I'll be watching for your work.

Linda

Tamsin

Thanks so much Linda - great idea. Will be watching out for you too!

I got stuck on layers for the longest time until one day I realized I wasn't reading the dialogue properly. Sometimes I'd click on new and I'd have a transparent page and other times it would open with a white background. Didn't have a clue what was going on. :frusty: And that's as basic as it gets :redface: Felt like a dill I can tell you LOL Taught me to read the dialogue. So here I am a year later and not much the wiser.

Look forward to seeing you round the O. :dance: