Oscraps

Have you gone to ebooks? Kindle, etc.?

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I was waiting for somebody to ask. Hahaha They're 3D books - SO cool!! Here's one of them - there are several. You have to look at them and then "hopefully" you'll see the 3D effects. I've had them for years and they're so much fun to pass around.

View attachment 356152
I *never* was able to see the 3D. There were a few times that I *almost* felt it was about to pop but then poof, it would go away

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Gary wanted to get me a Paper White last year for Christmas or my birthday and I said no since I have the old tablet. Does it really make that much of a difference in the sun?
Oh, absolutely!! I love mine - I can read in the direct sunlight!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
For years, it was Kindle Oasis for me, after the basic kindle. I have Kindle unlimited and I also download books from my local library. I also use Book Bub and Robin Reads to get some free books from them, through Amazon
I LOVE free books! Before we moved to a new state, I got ebooks from the library, too. I just haven't taken the time to get a new library card.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I was waiting for somebody to ask. Hahaha They're 3D books - SO cool!! Here's one of them - there are several. You have to look at them and then "hopefully" you'll see the 3D effects. I've had them for years and they're so much fun to pass around.

View attachment 356152
that's so cool! I love those things that force you to "relax" your eyes and just absorb. I find it a really fun exercise.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
that's so cool! I love those things that force you to "relax" your eyes and just absorb. I find it a really fun exercise.
They really are SO relaxing, Vicki! We just sit around and pass them around and wait for somebody to "get it"! They've been a lot of fun through the years. They still sell all of them!

Danesa

Danesa
I mostly read on (on phone) Overdrive/Libby, from my local library. Well, when I say read, I REALLY mean...listen. haha Having to drive so much, now, with going back and forth from my dads *5 hrs away* I have plenty of time to listen to my audiobooks. However, I still like reading my books on Kindle as well, at times. But my favorite...is sitting in bed, late at night, and having a real book in hand...something about moving my bookmark back gives me a sense of accomplishment. haha

Norma

I'm an avid reader...I had one of the first Kindle and I remember the light I had clipped to mine. Now I have a Kindle White and loving it. I use Amazon mostly. I don't even want to know how much I spend on books since I can read more than 5 in a couple of days depending on the size.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I mostly read on (on phone) Overdrive/Libby, from my local library. Well, when I say read, I REALLY mean...listen. haha Having to drive so much, now, with going back and forth from my dads *5 hrs away* I have plenty of time to listen to my audiobooks. However, I still like reading my books on Kindle as well, at times. But my favorite...is sitting in bed, late at night, and having a real book in hand...something about moving my bookmark back gives me a sense of accomplishment. haha
Sounds like the best of all worlds, Very! There's a book/e-reader for everybody!!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I'm an avid reader...I had one of the first Kindle and I remember the light I had clipped to mine. Now I have a Kindle White and loving it. I use Amazon mostly. I don't even want to know how much I spend on books since I can read more than 5 in a couple of days depending on the size.
Isn't the Paper White wonderful??? I love mine and also love that I have something like 800 books at my disposal counting all the years I've been accumulating them!

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I *never* was able to see the 3D. There were a few times that I *almost* felt it was about to pop but then poof, it would go away
I've never been able to see them either. I've always assumed it was because the eyesight in my left eye is so much better than my right eye.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O

I get most of mine through Overdrive too. Our library tells me about Libby all the time but I didn't realize it had a reader function or I probably would have gotten it a long time ago. Would be easier to bluetooth through my phone than always having to have my kindle plugged in. I'd love to be able to listen to my books while walking, but never wanted to have to carry my kindle with me!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I've never been able to see them either. I've always assumed it was because the eyesight in my left eye is so much better than my right eye.
That could be why. My secret is to "soft focus" my eyes then just stare at one spot right in the center until you start to see multiple images.