Oscraps

Have you gone to ebooks? Kindle, etc.?

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Piggybacking on Vicky Day's post about audio vs reading books, how many of you are Kindle, etc. (ebooks) readers? I went to the Kindle when it first came out. In fact, it was so long ago that it wasn't even backlit! I had a little clip-on light for it. When the Paper White Kindle came out, I was delighted!

I LOVE to read and I've been a book lover my whole life. I used to hide under the covers and read with a flashlight after "lights out". Haha I never thought I'd give up reading "real" books. I love my red Kindle Paperwhite and tuck it in my purse wherever I go. I can also read on my phone, iPad, etc. with the Kindle App.

When we moved the last time, we donated or just gave away almost all of our books. It was hard, but we'd carted them around for so long and it was time to downsize.

melscrap

CHEERY O
Me! Although I had to buy two new bookshelves recently to store the physical books I've gathered since culling most of my stash before my last move.

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I've been all in on Kindle for years. I gave David one of the original generation Kindles as a gift and I've been hooked ever since.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
My MIL gave me her first-gen iPad years ago when she upgraded her and that was my first experience with e-readers. At that point in time, my whole family was sick with Late Stage Lyme Disease and we spent so much time in Drs offices. It was fantastic having books loaded on something small but I still preferred holding a "real" book.
Now I got a Samsung tablet as a hand-me-down and have transitioned to more ebooks over physical ones during the pandemic. I have 2 bookshelves in my house, nope, make that three- but we got rid of boxes and boxes of them in the last few years.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Me! Although I had to buy two new bookshelves recently to store the physical books I've gathered since culling most of my stash before my last move.
We had so many books and started whittling them down when we were preparing for our last big multi-state move.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
My MIL gave me her first-gen iPad years ago when she upgraded her and that was my first experience with e-readers. At that point in time, my whole family was sick with Late Stage Lyme Disease and we spent so much time in Drs offices. It was fantastic having books loaded on something small but I still preferred holding a "real" book.
Now I got a Samsung tablet as a hand-me-down and have transitioned to more ebooks over physical ones during the pandemic. I have 2 bookshelves in my house, nope, make that three- but we got rid of boxes and boxes of them in the last few years.
I still love holding a book and occasionally buy one, but it's usually just to keep out - I have a few books laying on my coffee table that I just particularly like the looks of. haha

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
We have 24 bookshelves. We're saving them so that John can have something to hate us for when we're gone. LOL

I'm still using books. Was looking for our atlases just now (can't find them! Wonder where they are? Maybe upstairs), wanted to check the map of Germany to try and figure out if my pen pals live close to the floodings. And Urban just looked at me and said: "Google Maps???!" ... Thought didn't even cross my mind. I'm a book lover LOL

Nickel

Feeling Owsome at the O!
CHEERY O
Yep I have a subscription on kobo. i read them on my phone (and that's really doable on the night screen)

but I love books too

Nickel

Feeling Owsome at the O!
CHEERY O
We have 24 bookshelves. We're saving them so that John can have something to hate us for when we're gone. LOL

I'm still using books. Was looking for our atlases just now (can't find them! Wonder where they are? Maybe upstairs), wanted to check the map of Germany to try and figure out if my pen pals live close to the floodings. And Urban just looked at me and said: "Google Maps???!" ... Thought didn't even cross my mind. I'm a book lover LOL
wow that sounds like a kind of paradise..

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
We have lots of physical books ... and lots of digital books ..
I have an older kindle .. still without a backlit screen ... and I read mostly on my ipad ... my husband used to prefer physical books. Last year we bought a second kindle and now mainly he reads on the kindle…

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
We have lots of physical books ... and lots of digital books ..
I have an older kindle .. still without a backlit screen ... and I read mostly on my ipad ... my husband used to prefer physical books. Last year we bought a second kindle and now mainly he reads on the kindle…
If you ever decide to go to a Kindle Paper White, you'll never know what you're missing! You can read them right out in the bright, direct sunlight. I don't know WHY they can't master that awesome ability on our cell phones!

janedee

I read mostly on my iPad these days (Kobo, Libby and Kindle). I used to have a Sony ereader which I loved but they're no longer supported. I still prefer it to either of my two Kobo ereaders.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
If you ever decide to go to a Kindle Paper White, you'll never know what you're missing! You can read them right out in the bright, direct sunlight. I don't know WHY they can't master that awesome ability on our cell phones!
Gary wanted to get me a Paper White last year for Christmas or my birthday and I said no since I have the old tablet. Does it really make that much of a difference in the sun?

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
Gary wanted to get me a Paper White last year for Christmas or my birthday and I said no since I have the old tablet. Does it really make that much of a difference in the sun?
Absolutely. I can read my Paperwhite in the sun and it is as clear as if I were in the house. Absolutely cannot say that about my iPad or my phone.

Kythe

CHEERY O
Not a chance. there is nothing nicer than holding a real book in your hands and reading from a printed page. I stare at a screen enough without doing that during my relaxing time as well.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Not a chance. there is nothing nicer than holding a real book in your hands and reading from a printed page. I stare at a screen enough without doing that during my relaxing time as well.
I agree, but I have pretty bad arthritis and it's only in my hands. So the Kindle has been a Godsend to me.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I'm 100% kindle. I have 3 of the older style ones that I think are paper whites because they still do the text to speech. I like to listen to my books while driving. When they came out with the tablet style, they didn't have speakers so I stocked up on the older ones in case something happened to one of them.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I'm 100% kindle. I have 3 of the older style ones that I think are paper whites because they still do the text to speech. I like to listen to my books while driving. When they came out with the tablet style, they didn't have speakers so I stocked up on the older ones in case something happened to one of them.
I'm about 99.9% Kindle. I will buy a book every now and again - mainly to just leave out and look at. I love those "Magic Eye" books and have several of them. Everybody likes to look at them and see if they have "the magic eye". I leave them on my coffee table.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
What is a magic eye book?
I was waiting for somebody to ask. Hahaha They're 3D books - SO cool!! Here's one of them - there are several. You have to look at them and then "hopefully" you'll see the 3D effects. I've had them for years and they're so much fun to pass around.

51gJKPoMbNL._SL500_.jpg

scrapinmom

CHEERY O
For years, it was Kindle Oasis for me, after the basic kindle. I have Kindle unlimited and I also download books from my local library. I also use Book Bub and Robin Reads to get some free books from them, through Amazon