Oscraps

Happy Happy Happy

Bush Girl

Oooooooooooohhhhhhh, I'm soooooooooooooooo happy :dance:

We spend every weekend away in the country which is lovely - if a little muddy at this time of year - and we have deliberately not installed the internet. We kind of go off grid, as it were, as our mobile phones don't work here either (although I did insist on a landline being installed).

This has worked fine so far, although I've been a big fat fail as a Cheery-O at the weekends and during the school holidays as I'm completely out of contact.

Until today.

Today, our broadband was installed. It's slow. It's REALLY slow. Put it this way, YouTube videos will just about play. But it's here. We have succumbed. Actually, the kids homework has increased to the point where everything seems to need the internet or a word processor at the very least. So my DH has caved. And I am typing this from the country, whilst whooping round my kitchen.

Now I can join in with you all at the weekends. Now I can play challenges and scrap. I don't know yet if it will be possible to shop, as the download speed might be just too awful, but I'm so pleased to be back in the loop!

Oh happy day!

LaurieW

lOve the O!
Not sure if it is a good thing or not- I kind of like the unplugged bit, but since the kiddo's need it........hurray for you!

trista

O so scrappy!
Well that is exciting news! I know when we go to the country I have a lot of idle time and wish there was internet. Even if I don't have time to do anything but check-in, just having it is reassuring. So congrats!!

janedee

I have to admit that I'm not too great about being unplugged these days. We go to the lake quite a bit too all year round. I ended up getting a mobile USB stick which is great! I only wish it worked outside of North America for when we're traveling.

Ellen

now did the kids really need to be connected during the weekends and holidays or was this just an excuse??:behindsofa:

whenever we're without the www. I'm always amazed at how much time we have to do other things.I get so much done.
Enjoy being in your country abode and have fun with the www.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Selena- good for you-- I think the speed being slow will keep the use down a bit for when it is really necessary as opposed to watching 10 videos of Nyan Cat!!!

We don't have internet at my mom's lake house and in some ways it is really really nice. In other ways it is so frustrating when you know how fast it would be to google the hours for the local movies or zoo and you can't do it. ;)

We have been discussing the possibility of getting internet up there and one kids is all for it (cait) and the other is 100% against.(Scott).

LSlycord

Oh Selena...that's great news! Having it available...even if you can't shop...will be wonderful I'm sure.

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
we have slow internet at our camping during the summer, wouldn't want to be without it, just no shopping at the O! but that is okay for weekends.

to speed up the forum loading you can adjust your settings Selena,
I usually turn off the avatars/siggies when I don't have my fast home connection.