Oscraps

French-O's

Aussiekat

To all the ladies in France, hope you are all safe and sound - your family and friends, too. What a sad way to end this day, so tragic.

clindoeil

Marie-Claire
I'am also in France - but in Alsace, not Paris,

It's a tragedy what happens in Paris ...
It's a tragedy for France, but also for the world ....

margje

The O is awesOme
I'm just so sad! And also a bit scared where this is all going to! indeed a tragedy for the world!!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
When will this ever end?? Stay safe all of those in Paris, the world is with you in thoughts and prayers!

sabdesbois

Feeling at hOme!
Hello my O'family, thank you for thoughts.

It's been quite a long and hard night for us, specially in Paris, where I live.

My sister messaged me last night at 23:30 pm wondering if I was safe at home. I was reading in bed and was puzzled by her message. Then switched on the TV to hear about what was happening in Paris. My sister and I texted until 1:30 am while she was trying to join 2 ofher kids.
My niece was at the Stade de France for the football match while the first explosions happened outside the stadium. She managed to come home safe. Then we had to wait until 1:30 am to hear about my nephew who was supposed to arrived in Paris last night. Fortunately, he missed his train and stayed where he is studying, so was safe too.
All my Parisian friends checked in on FB to let us know they were safe too.

This morning all is quiet in the streets around my place. Market was cancelled and people are staying at home. Some metro stations are still closed around the streets where attacks took place. We are trying to get back to a normal life. Tomorrow I have a mix media course near home, and our teacher confirmed it will take place for those who want to come. So I will try to be creative tomorrow and enjoy and share a moment with my friends.

All my thoughts go to the families who lost someone last night, and for all the survivors that must be scared. Thinking about all the people around the world who are suffering from sudden losses because of terrorist attacks.

clindoeil

Marie-Claire
I am reading your response Sab ! Good to hear you, and family are all safe !

I have just learned that my cousin was in stade de France too. He is come back safe. (he leaves in south of France and were at Paris only for the football match)

It's sad : what will the people do ? Just be afraid and stay at home ?
I am chocked, sad, bowled but also very angry !
Humanity therefore never learn to live in peace ????

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Sabine, so glad that you and family are ok. Same to you and yours Marie Claire. Where are Sandrine and Dids each located? Dumpty is in south France, iirc?

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
This is so hard. Brings back so many thoughts and memories. This is so scary. I'm so glad to be hearing of your safety. I am praying.

timounette

CHEERY O
Don't worry Chris I' safe too.
I live in Angers and Dids in Vannes.
And Yes Dumpty live in south of France, and she is safe too.

It's so horrible. Last night I spent 2 or 3 hours behind my TV and with FB on my knees.... I can believe it but it's true.
I'm a bit scared because I need to go to Paris on thursday...

Thanks for all your thoughts

Aussiekat

So glad to hear that everyone is safe - are we missing anyone? Roll call! ;) It is indeed scary what happened. Hubby is still watching CNN every once in a while today to see what new developments might have come about.

ninigoesdigi

O sO silly
Oh my god, what a scare you must have had. I'm very glad your niece and nephew are safe.
Take care.

Hello my O'family, thank you for thoughts.

It's been quite a long and hard night for us, specially in Paris, where I live.

My sister messaged me last night at 23:30 pm wondering if I was safe at home. I was reading in bed and was puzzled by her message. Then switched on the TV to hear about what was happening in Paris. My sister and I texted until 1:30 am while she was trying to join 2 ofher kids.
My niece was at the Stade de France for the football match while the first explosions happened outside the stadium. She managed to come home safe. Then we had to wait until 1:30 am to hear about my nephew who was supposed to arrived in Paris last night. Fortunately, he missed his train and stayed where he is studying, so was safe too.
All my Parisian friends checked in on FB to let us know they were safe too.

This morning all is quiet in the streets around my place. Market was cancelled and people are staying at home. Some metro stations are still closed around the streets where attacks took place. We are trying to get back to a normal life. Tomorrow I have a mix media course near home, and our teacher confirmed it will take place for those who want to come. So I will try to be creative tomorrow and enjoy and share a moment with my friends.

All my thoughts go to the families who lost someone last night, and for all the survivors that must be scared. Thinking about all the people around the world who are suffering from sudden losses because of terrorist attacks.

joannebrisebois

Designer
I'm so relieved to hear that you and your families are all safe and so very sad and angry about all of these tragic events. I'm praying for everyone's safety and wish I could reach overseas to hug each one of you. xox

heathert

She Who Never Sleeps
Sabine, so glad your immediate family is ok. Sandrine, I'm sure you'll be fine, but I'm sure it will be weird, too!! *hugs*

sabdesbois

Feeling at hOme!
I'm a bit scared because I need to go to Paris on thursday...

I can understand your fears, Sandrine.
Usually I work from home, but sometimes my clients ask me to work at their office... and I'll have a meeting on Wednesday near Republique, where most of the attacks took place last Friday night. Not really enthusiastic by the idea of having to go there by metro, but life must goes on and we have to be strong...

Thank you all for you kind words and thoughts, these go right to my heart <3

clindoeil

Marie-Claire
When i read you all, i am happy to live in a {very} little town, far away from Paris .... I cannot imagine the atmophere that reigns in Paris ...
But the problem is going to arise everywhere who poeple come together ... i think that ist'not finished ... and not only in Paris, and not only in France ?

Christmas is nearing with festive moments and already the newspaper titles :
Attentats à Paris: La question du marché de Noël de Strasbourg se pose
I think we have not already understand all the consequences and what the future holds ....

I'm sad, I'm angry, I'm frustrated ....

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Sandrine- much love you to. The first time I was in NYC after 9-11, it was a few months after, and I froze when a plane was overhead. It seemed so close and so loud- much more that it seemed that it should have, but had to have been my imagination.
Not that it is all that helpful, but Paris will probably be one of the safest places to be, although it comes at such a cost.