Status
Not open for further replies.

*sylvia*

♥→o←♥
CHEERY O
2021-QUOTE-TO-WA-WEB.jpg

All members that participate,
can everyone PLEASE ensure that you read all the rules for this challenge
so that you can claim your challenge points. Thank you!

Hi everyone, Sylvia here welcoming you to the QUOTE TO WORDART CHALLENGE this month.

:cheer:

Wordart is word(s) plus art - a combination of language and visual imagery.
It gives us an easy way to give meanings to our layouts and is always a perfect way to highlight them with our creativity.

My quote for you this month is from Ralph Waldo Emerson:
"Every artist was first an amateur."

Use this quote to create your own and personal word art.

Let's make the quote stand out with

1) combination of 1 alpha and at least 1 font
2) word stripes at least behind two words
3) bits or paint or ink or staples or tapes [ look here for inspiration ]

The word art must be clearly visible.
It is the most important detail of the layout.

Otherwise, you can design your layout however you like, traditional, artsy, with or without photos.

Just have fun !!!

:dancing6:

My layout:

QuoteToWordart.jpg

I used this products:
Oscraps-FAS-preview-1.jpg
nld-time-captured-alpha-pv.jpg
52-2021-18-suecummings-REinspired-preview8.jpg

and the fonts : lovtony sans | aniTypewriter | biro script

I can't wait to see your wordarts.

:love:
....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

RULES:
  • Create a wordart with the provided quote and my requirements.
  • Please use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store.
  • Non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not.
  • You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
  • Your layout can not be used for more than one challenge.
  • Your page must be posted in the CHALLENGE 2 gallery by midnight PST February 29, 2024 and linked back to this thread (see below on how to add your linked layout).
  • And do not forget to update the CURRENT MONTH'S TRACKING THREAD to be eligible for your coupon.

Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:

• Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
  • This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
  • Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

Last edited:

Robloz55

I went looking for a funky alpha to use with this challenge and found this "oldie but goody" alpha with a fantastic bundle Ransom by Vicky Stegall. It reminded me of when art was funky and crazy. And I had found the perfect photos to use with it.

I just discovered that Ransom Alpha set by Vicki Stegall.
Added to my wish list for when I have some cash on hand... It sure looks good!!
Nominated for a Standing O as well!!!

*sylvia*

♥→o←♥
CHEERY O
I went looking for a funky alpha to use with this challenge and found this "oldie but goody" alpha with a fantastic bundle Ransom by Vicky Stegall. It reminded me of when art was funky and crazy. And I had found the perfect photos to use with it.

Oh Kay, how cool and creative is that! The painting cat is the hit. And the speech bubble so cleverly placed. LOVE your word art too.
Thanks so much for playing along with my challenge!

isDK

Thanks for the challenge. I had to reflect on this a lot. Are we amateurs or artists, and what does it matter? And how would this phrase work its way into my book of stories? In the end, I decided not to write anything.
For me, art can be political or commercial or just part of who I am, and I've just never thought of myself as an amateur. So my page reflects how I had to overthink this. :D

*sylvia*

♥→o←♥
CHEERY O
Thaks for the challenge - I think there is an artist in all of us struggling to get out...
It's the details and interpretations that present a challenge. Placing the word art as a picture on the wall and the scene you create fits the quote beautifully. So cleverly done.

Last edited:

*sylvia*

♥→o←♥
CHEERY O
Thanks for the challenge. I had to reflect on this a lot. Are we amateurs or artists, and what does it matter? And how would this phrase work its way into my book of stories? In the end, I decided not to write anything.
For me, art can be political or commercial or just part of who I am, and I've just never thought of myself as an amateur. So my page reflects how I had to overthink this. :D
My opinion. We are artists and amateurs. Every layout we create is a work of art. And with every new layout where we try out new techniques and compositions, we are amateurs. We learn throughout our lives.

The composition of your layout and the texture is just magnificent. Love the colors too.

Christi

It's the details and interpretations that present a challenge. Placing the word art as a picture on the wall and the scene you create fits the quote beautifully. So cleverly done. Thank you for joining my challenge!
I went through the collection of well known paintings that I have downloaded over the years and the one featured here just stood out! He seemed to be a budding artist in the making. So perfect for your challenge!

*sylvia*

♥→o←♥
CHEERY O

*sylvia*

♥→o←♥
CHEERY O
Thank you Sylvia for this challenge !

The photo effect and the blending are just fantastic, the yellow is so bright. Your wordart is so creatively designed. I LOVE it. Stunning layout. Thanks so much for participating in my challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.