Oscraps

February Art Journaling Challenge Week 1

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
Welcome Fellow Art Journalers!!!!

Are you ready for another challenge? I sure hope so! The challenge team has planned out our year and we are very excited to share it all with you!

This month's theme is "DISCOVER". How you interpret that is for you to decide. I have some ideas that I am going to share with you to get those juices going!!

For me personally, I am doing a lot of "discovering" lately. As I age, I discover more and more what I like and what I don't like, and I find that life is slowing down for me to take a breath and start discovering who I am NOW. I have spent the last 27 years being a wife and mother, and my daughter is now 21 this month. I home schooled her all through her life, and now I am left with a lot of time - time to see time passing by and I don't want to waste a single minute.

So, for my part of the "DISCOVER" challenge, I would like you to reflect (see what I did there - used last month's theme) on what discovering you have left to do about yourself and your place in the world. Here are some quotes that got me going:

• It takes half your life before you discover life is a do-it-yourself project.
  • As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.
  • Challenges make you discover things about yourself that you never really knew.
  • We are all gifted, but we have to discover the gift, uncover the gift, nurture and develop the gift and use it for the Glory of God
**As always - you are always welcomed to do a divided page - one quadrant for each week. **

Here is a mood board that helped me decide what to scrap about:
Feb24MoodBoard.jpg

Here is my page:

Credits:
Crafty Button Designs | Stressed Out
Crafty Button Designs | Wings of Whimsy
Crafty Button Designs | Gesso Bits 11
Crafty Button Designs | Rise Up
Crafty Button Designs Rachel Jeffries | The Struggle is Real: Self Esteem
Crafty Button Designs | New Door

==========================
Everyone who participates in any of this month's challenges will be entered into a drawing for a $5 gift certificate to Oscraps. You can receive up to four entries into this month's drawing. Remember, you have all month to complete any or all of this month's challenges. If you create a divided page, you will still receive one entry for each week that you complete.

Challenge Rules:

1. You have until 11:59 p.m. ET on February 29, 2024 to complete your pages for this challenge.
  2. To qualify for the drawing, you need to use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store (non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not).
  3. You need to credit all the products used on your page.
  4. You cannot use a page you create for this challenge for another Oscraps challenge.
  5. Upload your page to the Art Journal Gallery and then add your layout to the challenge thread. (Below you will find instructions on adding your page to this thread.)
Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.

Last edited:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Awesome challenge, Susie. As always, your introduction, mood board and inspiration layout are perfection!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I decided to use Ona's wonderful divided template for this month. For one thing, I'm dealing with grief and I realized that if I created "small increments" it would be much easier for me. I'm discovering what it means to be a widow (not a word that I'm fond of but it is what it is) - from being a wife of 44 years. As most of you know by now, my soul mate and the love of my life passed away on January 22. I'm going to deal with this month's word "discover" as I discover how to navigate these waters. Also, where do I go from here?

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
what a fabulous word!!!
I love discovering new things- mostly about nature and I am racking that up right now.
I am going to have mull this one a bit and see what comes up :)

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Oh, great word for the month Susie! There is so much to discover in this big world around us as well as within ourselves! and oh yeah, going to do another divided template page this month too, just love these, a change from doing just a straight out layout. :)