Oscraps

Deep Dream Generator

I saw your page on my facebook feed and had a go with the DGG - I tried a few out and love the look of it. I might add some into my layouts in future :) Thank you for telling us about it. The third one looks like my dog doing agility underwater :)

Attachments

• Deep Dream Generator 2.jpg
    Deep Dream Generator 2.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Deep Dream Generator 3.jpg
    Deep Dream Generator 3.jpg
    271.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Deep Dream Generator 4.jpg
    Deep Dream Generator 4.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 5

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@Betty Jo, Thank you so much. I personally like the 3 similar ones of my dogs, done with the same style.
Sometimes I am very disappointed about the result, just now I made one for the wastebasket. :)
Your dreams are fabulous.
I feel like it is impossible to get the right settings/phot/style combinations in any sort of consistent manner. I trashed a few but I am trying to keep some of the rest so I can maybe at some point figure out what works and what doesn't. :D

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I saw your page on my facebook feed and had a go with the DGG - I tried a few out and love the look of it. I might add some into my layouts in future :) Thank you for telling us about it. The third one looks like my dog doing agility underwater :)
So cute!! Are you Canterslowly on DDG?

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
@Betty Jo, Thank you so much. I personally like the 3 similar ones of my dogs, done with the same style.
Sometimes I am very disappointed about the result, just now I made one for the wastebasket. :)
Your dreams are fabulous.
@nobles Ursula, I probably throw away four out of five that I generate. Yes, I love the ones of your dogs, too. ♥

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
I feel like it is impossible to get the right settings/phot/style combinations in any sort of consistent manner. I trashed a few but I am trying to keep some of the rest so I can maybe at some point figure out what works and what doesn't. :D
@faerywings Chris, yes, I know what you mean. Last night I was tired, not feeling very well, and exhausted my energy trying one photo with several styles. I finally just gave up, chose another photo a while later, and the first one I generated with it, I liked. It's really trial and error. Great idea to keep some for future reference. ♥

zanthia

CHEERY O
@zanthia Yes, DDG is a lot of fun and gives some interesting results. Ursula replied already, but I just wanted to provide you with a link to this page which helps with amounts of energy to generate dream photos for paid subscribers and non. The lower portion shows how generating various sizes and settings affects the energy used. https://deepdreamgenerator.com/user-level-compute-energy

thanks for the link, looks like you have to register to get any type of info on that site

normally i would never register to a site blindly ( one that gives out basically no info ) but with the good word here i may do it.

zanthia

CHEERY O
No, there is no watermark. It is an online program and when you create your account you are getting an amount of energy that you need for processing a photo. When the energy is gone, you have to wait until you get new ones.
Here I show you an image of Unica which I processed in Deep Dream and another one completely different.
@Betty Jo here is the expert, she can give you much more information, I am a beginner.

thanks, unica looks great. zoey is not very photogenic but if i do register will give it a try.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I don't have a gallery - haven't got that far with it :)
when you have one up, please link us :)

I have to do a bit of a brag, I love the way this one came out:
5175d961e293a6611eccfbbc6175a78cd152db71.jpg

I have been finding that photos with lots of contrast seem to do better (IMHO!). This one I converted to b/w then boosted the contrast before I used a neon-ish style on it.

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
A little something I forgot to share about DDG. You are only allowed to give 500 Likes within a twenty four hour period. It used to be 400. Thank goodness they have added an extra hundred. I had forgotten about this and hit my limit a couple days ago. So, in the future I may not be able to comment on every dream you lovely ladies generate.

Here is how you can find your Like count. At the top center of your gallery page, right underneath your name, click on Dreamer or Deep Dreamer, etc. That will open a new page. At the top you'll see User Levels. Scroll all the way down the page to the bottom and you'll see Likes sent last 24 hours: and the number you've used out of 500.

If you get close to the 500 amount the numbers will show up on your gallery page in the top right corner. If you hit the 500 you'll get a notice that you've Liked your quota and will have to wait for it to recharge.

Kythe

CHEERY O
thanks for the link, looks like you have to register to get any type of info on that site

normally i would never register to a site blindly ( one that gives out basically no info ) but with the good word here i may do it.
I agree. I am very hesitant to try sites that do not provide terms of use up front. I am sure it is safe enough but I Like to know what a site does with your information. Having said that, there are some fantastic 'dreams" coming from it.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@Betty Jo Thanks for the info!

@Kythe and @zanthia I understand where you are coming from. I looked at my profile and the only info I gave was my email address. If you have a throwaway email you could probably use that,. I don't think I have gotten any emails form the site -maybe to confirm my registration? - but other than that, nothing

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
@Betty Jo Thanks for the info!

@Kythe and @zanthia I understand where you are coming from. I looked at my profile and the only info I gave was my email address. If you have a throwaway email you could probably use that,. I don't think I have gotten any emails form the site -maybe to confirm my registration? - but other than that, nothing
Same here, Chris, and I've been using the site for over a year now. I've never gotten any emails from the site except in response to my emails to them. It's been so long since I registered with DDG, I don't even remember if there was one to confirm my registration.

I've been corresponding with them a lot lately asking questions and they normally get back to me by the next day, even on weekends, and are always kind and courteous. I asked about the Likes situation and I was thrilled to get this response. I so hope they do away with the Like limit altogether.

From DDG:

Hello,

In regards to likes - it does not work like the energy recharging. The limit is on given likes for the last 24 hours. So if you give 500 likes quickly, it will take 24 hours before you can give any new likes.

We may consider changing the likes system. But if it is restoring all the time, like the energy does, the limit will have to be less that 500. We will think about it. But either way, we are planning to make some updates which may allow us to remove the limit altogether.

Cheers,

DDG

Fannou

Merci Betty Jo de nous avoir fait découvrir ce site. Je viens de m'inscrire et en effet c'est très addictif.

Attachments

• 76fed6fc6b7993fcc303337b1bd78a2aa65a3161.jpg
    76fed6fc6b7993fcc303337b1bd78a2aa65a3161.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 5

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
Merci Betty Jo de nous avoir fait découvrir ce site. Je viens de m'inscrire et en effet c'est très addictif.
You are so very welcome! Your dream is BEAUTIFUL. What is the name on your account at DDG? I'd like to follow you. ♥

Fannou

Vous êtes vraiment les bienvenus! Votre rêve est MAGNIFIQUE. Quel est le nom sur votre compte chez DDG? J'aimerais te suivre. ♥
Tu me suis déjà, j'ai vu que tu avais liker ma page et que tu es dans mes followers. Turquoise. Je suis loin de faire d'aussi belles choses que toi. Je n'ai pas encore essayé tous les réglages car je n'ai pas encore tout compris aux fonctions et pour l'instant l'énergie ne se renouvelle pas assez vite. Mais c'est peut-être aussi bien car c'est très addictif. :p

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
Yes, I just realized that I'm already following you! Super. And, yes, it is very addicting, but fun. I only post once per day, although I may generate more than that in a day. We can only give 500 Likes in a 24 hour period, and mine are always exhausted quickly as I love giving Likes. :) You are off to a beautiful start. Take note of the dreams others create that appeal to you and give those styles a try. There is a lot of information throughout this thread that might help you as you go along. If you have any questions, please ask. If I can't help you, I'll find the answer from someone. Looking forward to seeing more of your lovely art. ♥

Fannou

Après avoir jeté quelques essais à la poubelle j'ai réussi à en faire un qui me plaît grâce à vos explications. Merci beaucoup je comprends mieux le fonctionnement. Et je prendrais le temps de relire tous les posts ici. Bonne journée.

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
Après avoir jeté quelques essais à la poubelle j'ai réussi à en faire un qui me plaît grâce à vos explications. Merci beaucoup je comprends mieux le fonctionnement. Et je prendrais le temps de relire tous les posts ici. Bonne journée.
Great. Yes, it takes some getting used to. For every one you see I post publicly I've probably tried seven various styles until I find one I like. You're doing great. Enjoy!! ♥

Patty Anne

Blessed Beyond Belief!
Howdy again... Back and beginning to play - as connectivity allows.

I live in the piney woods of NE Texas - on the TX/LA border. I'm in the woods - literally. The biggest town in our entire county, our county seat, is population 2100 - to give you an idea of our sparse population. AND I've learned that my home sits between 2 different cell towers - so I don't quite get either one. The same with our TV reception... I get one set of channels downstairs in my room. My dot gets a different set of channels upstairs in her room. I'm not kidding. I'm literally on the fringes of everything. To do my digi-downloads and stuff, I do most of my shopping with my phone, when the reception gods allow - but then have to drive into town to be able to download. I only tell you this so you know that I literally have to travel and jump hoops to make any of this happen. SO - just KNOW how addicted I am to my digital art life that I go through all this. I'm really NOT that motivated for much. I'll watch shows I'm not interested in because I won't get up to get the remote! :p But I'll crawl over glass to be able to digi-art!

Tonight, a McD's employee asked me if I was OK or needed help because I was sitting in the parking lot with my laptop rendering dreams! :D

In gazing the images created, it's surprising how much ends up resembling Alex Grey's art.
AND as an on again, off again quilter - who still follows the art & craft - I could SO SEE using this to create quilt patterns!!!! REEEEALLY! I fully expect to see a PBS episode where some quilter introduces us to DDG and how she takes the results to create a pattern...

I am back giving DDG a go. Have finally earned my way up to member to be able to follow. I'm still in the infancy of pretty much just playing with the same image several times over to try to get a grip on how things apply. Kind of like when I would buy a new camera or lens ... taking the same shot over and over with every single setting to figure out the sweet spots and what works.

WHEN I've had questions, I've googled, found not great answers, but come back here and @Betty Jo has already answered it for us! Thank you SO MUCH for that! Of course, it's only fair... getting us all addicted down this creative rabbit hole! ;)

A question on the styles that have several different images blocked together ... I'm curious how those apply vs. the more typical one image style. Is it sort of like washing the one picture through 2-4 different styles?
AND have you done that? Washed one pic through one style, take that product and then wash it through another style... Know what I mean? Do the pixels get so 'smooshed' that the results get muddy?

AND do you get the more realistic / less extreme results by keeping the percentages low in the settings pre-generate?
OK ***waving to everyone in their crazy dreams!***

Patty Anne

Blessed Beyond Belief!
...that feeling when you think you can guess how it will flow through and use your last (long awaited) 10 energy points for .. ACK! Ctrl+Z! Ctrl+Z! Danger Will Robinson Danger! UGH!

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
Oh my, @Patty Anne. You've got me laughing so hard, I'm in tears. "But I'll crawl over glass to be able to digi-art!" And, "Of course, it's only fair... getting us all addicted down this creative rabbit hole!" First off, I'm truly sorry that you have to go through so much to be able to share your incredible digi-art. And I have a question for you; Have you considered being a writer? You really have a way with words and I'd be your biggest fan.

Per your question; "A question on the styles that have several different images blocked together ... I'm curious how those apply vs. the more typical one image style. Is it sort of like washing the one picture through 2-4 different styles?" I honestly don't have a clue how the blocked together style works, compared to the regular ones, but I really like your explanation of it. Often I will try several regular ones on a pic I want to generate and I don't get anything I like. Then I'll try one of the blocked together styles and Bingo! it works beautifully. For every pic I post, I've probably tried seven or more styles before deciding which works best, in my eyes. Sometimes, I simply give up and move on to a new pic, as nothing seems to work.

Sanne creates the majority of the blocked together styles that I use. I've created one or two of my own, but always come back to hers as she just has a talent for creating ones that work for me.

"Do you get the more realistic / less extreme results by keeping the percentages low in the settings pre-generate?" Sometimes, yes, sometimes, no. I normally always run a dream through using just the basic settings first. Then I will change settings if I want the style a bit heavier, or less heavy, etc. I actually do more guessing than anything else. I watch closely the settings other Dreamers use on their creations, with the style that I wish to use, and I often get similar results of my photo. Everyone has different tastes in what they like, but for me, I prefer the more realistic results. I create them with the idea that I might want to use the Dream later on a layout or in other ways. I often see creations on DDG that I don't have a clue what the photo actually is. That's simply not for me.

I belong to a DDG Facebook group that where I've found the members to be very helpful and extremely knowledgable. Some of them have been using DDG for many years and have been instrumental in many of the helpful changes DDG has instrumented. I don't always care necessarily for their style or end results, but they certainly know the program and have helped me tremendously with some of my questions. I don't really post there, but I often check in just to read the latest info being shared, or answers to other members questions: Deep Dreamers.

I hope some of this helps a little @Patty Anne.