Oscraps

DAY 7 JUNE 19 - BIRTHDAY QUOTE | CHALLENGE

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
header-2024-web-800.jpg

Hello and welcome to Day 7 of our big Oscraps 18th Birthday Party! My name is Cheryl and I'll be your host for today's challenge.

My challenge is to use one of these 10 birthday quotes that I found. You can create any kind of project that you want, and it doesn't have to be birthday-themed, but it can be - it's up to you.

Here are the 10 quotes:

1. "Today you are you! That is truer than True! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!" Dr. Suess
2. "It takes a long time to become young" Pablo Picasso
3. "Cherish all your happy moments; they make a fine cushion for old age" Booth Tarkington
4. "God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well." Voltaire
5. "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?" Satchel Paige
6. "Don't just count your years, make your years count." George Meredith
7."You know you're getting old when the candles cost more than the cake." Bob Hope
8. "You don't get older, you get better." Shirley Bassey
9. "You know you're getting old when you get that one candle on your cake. It's like: see if you can blow this out". Jerry Seinfeld
10. "There is still no cure for the common birthday" John Glenn

Since we have so many new members, who probably don't have a lot of a stash yet, I want to remind you about our Freebie Category in the store. You certainly don't have to use any of the Freebies, but I found some fun free kits and created a page and added quote #5. I used Journal Junkie by Maya de Groot, Flight of the Butterflies by Maya de Groot. (Border is not a freebie)
Summer Lovin Messy Edges by Aimee Harrison.

I also found another fun freebie - Arched ATC Templates by Maya de Groot.
Just for fun, I also created an ATC using: Flight of the Butterflies by Maya de Groot.
Journal Junkie by Maya de Groot and a digital freebie created by Ona, using Blossoms & Second Chances by Vicki Stegall.

I can't wait to see your projects and which quotes you'll use!

PRIZES:
- Winner 1 = $10 FeiFei Stuff
- Winner 2 = $5 Karen Schulz Designs
- Winner 3 = $5 Joyful Heart Designs
*All challenge and game prize coupons will be distributed within 10 days of the event closing at the end of the month.

RULES:

Create any kind of project and use one of the 10 quotes above and tell me which one you used when you post here in this thread.
- Please use 100% Oscraps products. (Please note this is different from our regular monthly challenges.)
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Create a post in the 2024 BIRTHDAY TRACKING THREAD to keep track of your completed layouts games participation.
(We select our Grand Prize winners from this thread, so create a post now and remember to keep updating it throughout the month! :)
- Your page must be posted in the Special O-vents Gallery 18th Birthday Party (2024) by PST 11.59 pm Sunday, June 30, 2024 and linked back to this thread (see below on how to do this.)

--------------------
Adding a linked layout from the Gallery to a thread:
1. Upload your layout to the gallery first. In your forum post click the Gallery Embed icon (little camera).
2. This will open your gallery, simply click on the layout you require, then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click the Continue button.
3. Your linked layout is now in your post, the image will appear once you have clicked the Post Reply button.​

shauilee

FeiFei Stuff Designer
Designer
Oooh! I'm going to make a layout for this challenge!
I like this quote 6. "Don't just count your years, make your years count." George Meredith

mimes1

CHEERY O
I have the perfect photos to go with 1. "Today you are you! That is truer than True! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!" Dr. Suess

Terri M

I chose quote #4 from Voltaire - it reminded me of some of the normal things that are the gift of living well. On this day, the group of friends we bike with weekly stopped at a winery on the last couple miles of our ride; it was the first warm day of spring, the sun was shining, and we're all retired so we have the freedom to take all the time we want on a beautiful afternoon to share a bottle or two in the sun in a gorgeous setting.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I have the perfect photos to go with 1. "Today you are you! That is truer than True! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!" Dr. Suess
I can't wait to see it, Amy!
Many great quotes to choose from! Thank you Cheryl!

I'm so glad you liked the quotes and your layout is FAB!!

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
love this wonderful Challenge, thank your♥
I chose - and love - the No. 1. "Today you are you! That is truer than True! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!" Dr. Suess

I have to confess that is one of my all-time favorite quotes. I love how you used it on your layout, Veronika.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O