Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: Friday Sept 10

katg1006

Good Morning my "O" Family!

Since I was up late....I thought I would sneak in and put the Coffee on for Chris!

COFFEEpot.gif

Hope you all have a fabulous morning!!! See you later today!

LaurieW

lOve the O!
Thanks for the coffee Kat- having my first cup now- then off to make bbq sauce for a dish I am taking to dance tailgaite party tonight, get prepped for work and then off to full day at work. I am so excited it is the weekend already!

LSlycord

Good morning ladies!!! Kat, you are such a sweetie to get the coffee on!

Yesterday was a looong one. Had an offsite meeting yesterday for work and I was in charge of it. There were about 50 of us and we were doing a session on thinking preferences and how they impact people's behaviors. So I had suggested taking it offsite to the zoo. I was a little worried about how it would be received. I am one of the team leaders of project managers and they all have such full plates right now that it is hard to ask them to spend 4 hours away from their jobs to learn new things and re-charge. (Isn't that the name of Danielle's kit?) Anyway, the hard work all paid off and it was a hit...nevertheless, it was exhausting.

Then followed by soccer practice for Sydney, soccer practice for Shaun, gymnastics for Sydney. Baths and hair washed, spelling words practiced, money packed into backpacks for Homecoming beads...and I fell into bed at 9:30 exhausted.

So exhausted that I didn't even get a chance to open my new ipad! Yep...teamwork and collaboration are one of our performance goals and we gave away 5 of them yesterday at the celebration based on feedback from peers on who was the best at demonstrating teamwork and collaboration. And I got one!! Doing the happy dance here. This is probably closer to the way that I'm dancing this morning...:rofl:

LaurieW

lOve the O!
Wow - Linda - busy day y'day but congrats on the ipad- hope you get time to play soon!

Meg- I will add you to my messenger next time I get on!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Kat, have I ever told you that I ADORE you?????
more :tea: please!

I am feeling exhausted. Just drained :( Long and hectic and stress-y week.
My Dr told me that I really needed to get a Rx for a medication that my insurance doesn't cover. She prescribed it my last visit but it was $500/month out of pocket and I just don't have that. We sucked it up and ordered from Canada. Hopefully, this will work.

Laurie- it sounds like you are having a great start to the weekend!

Linda S- congrats girl!! That is an awesome award, one very deserved. I think that is a really creative idea, to have a mtg at a zoo. I would think it inspired more creative thinking, binding and probably took some of the pressure off people too, you rock!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
From yesterday:

Laurie- yeah, I have heard that too about services. We had a heck of a time getting the teachers to even read Scott's 504 Plan, let alone implement it. I guess I was expecting issues, but not that the guidance counselor didn't know he had one! But our state and school district is hurting very, very badly, and I cannot tell you how many jobs have been lost this past year. Our BOE is a bunch of self-serving (fill in blank). We lost out Business Coordinator over the summer and our Superintendent just resigned b/c of the bulls***.
Add in our *insane* governor who lost us 400 MILLION $$$ in aid b/c he didn't apply for Race the Top properly, then lied about it. grrr.....

OK no more rants, Chris:kev:

Krista -- did you survive your day? I know I saw ya posting so I am guessing you did :)

Linda W- :rofl: that is too funny about being hillbillies. We laugh about that too, esp when we had one dead car, a dead motorcycle and several dead lawn mowers in your yard.

Trudy- good luck with your app!

Meg- if it isn't taken care of asap, I am goign to have to follow that. Th eonly thing I can think of why it got screwed up was that he was moving from Middle to High school and the CST had members of both schools but was led by the Middle school *shrugs* its sooo crazy!
Hope that your mtg was ok, and that work was fab!

Krista-- I hear ya- the O has been my lifeline more times that I can count. Love the smilies!

Stephie-- Welcome hOme!! Congrats on your baby!!!

Hi Vicki!!!!!!

Gotta get rolling...... sorry for anyone I missed. Love you all!!

Myoldanlac

I Love TaylorMadeDesigns
loves-chocolate-51.gif
Chris ... darling have some ... stuff ;)
drinking-60.gif
bubble-bath-071.gif
Hope these little things help you get through the day my :love:

Myoldanlac

I Love TaylorMadeDesigns
Good morning ladies!! Hope you all have a great day!! I'm off to work again soon for another 10+hour day!! But then I'm off for the weekend!! This is our last big
soccer-007.gif
, it's Cup weekend!! :) If either team wins this weekend, then we have ONE more weekend ... next week .... but it's a little doubtful.

Tonight I'm hoping to scrap until my fingers fall off.
happy-thumbs-up-050.gif

Texting at breakfast .. p***es me off!!! I'm going to smash Danielle's
happy-phone-035.gif

On that note .... it's time for me to get at it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

ourmisadventures

Kat -- thanks for the coffee!!!

Laurie -- mmmm, that sounds good!!! I love anything with BBQ sauce, lol!

Linda -- Yay for your training being a success!!! It really is worth it to take a risk once and awhile, huh??

Chris -- How long does your lyme dr think you need to be on that med? Was it cheaper from Canada??
I really hope things with your son gets resolved quickly -- its hard transitioning to middle school & then already starting out with things against you.

Krista -- Sounds like fun!!! I wish I could join you gals tonight but....

Me --
I'm finally getting to see my best friend for the first time in a few weeks -- we're hitting up the farmers market tonight!! I'm excited. I've wanted to go all summer, but it never worked out. Tonight's the last "big" night, then in the fall they're trying out a smaller market for seven weeks.

I woke up at about 5:30 this morning -- It's our "Monday" so I have a hard time without my husband being here. I'm thinking he had a busy night, because I didn't get a goodnight text after his arrival to work text.

Today I'm going to do some work related stuff with my mother in law, probably walk the dog in this nice weather, and nap with my hubby to make up for not getting sleep last night!

hondachicc

So it's FRIDAY!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kiddos are quiet this morning....they both seem to be tired....

Savannah just keeps rubbing her eyes and smiling at me...not playing at all...and Connor is laying in the floor in the play room watching a movie!!

Tomorrow we are going to Olde Salem Days...it's about 10 minutes from my house....it's a craft fair...they close off the streets and 100's of vendors set up on the streets...they have activities for the kids too, and an Antique Car Show, and several other things....Sharon, Savannah and I are going.

Then Sunday is Savannah's birthday party....YAY!! She is planning for outside, but now it's calling for rain...so we will see what happens. I took the card that I made with Kim's Kit to the lady who makes cakes for us, and she put the little toddler on the cake...it looks adorable!!! She did a fab job!!! We had to get it last Saturday and freeze it, because she will be out of town this weekend.

If any of you use the Bare Escentuals/Minerals makeup...QVC has a special tomorrow on a 12 piece kit for $99...that is a MEGA deal!!! I don't need any myself, as I don't wear makeup very often...so it lasts me a long time!! But thought I would share!! If you don't use this makeup...YOU SHOULD!! IT's really awesome stuff!!!

Okay....I am off of here for now...I need to get some laundry in...

HAVE A GREAT DAY...will be back for personals later!!

katg1006

Good Morning O Family! :)

The little one is at school....hubby is at work and I am going to scrap! Oh yes I said scrap....now don't be shocked when you see me in the Gallery - I know it's been awhile *lol*

Other then that - we have a football game for Nick tomorrow and I have dreams of doing a winter cleaning session for my kitchen, living room and bathroom! I also have to chaulk a bunch of our windows...ahhhh my never ending things to do list :)

Laurie
- Ohhhh homemade BBQ Sauce yum! What do you put in it?

LindaS - Yes it is!! Danielle's kit is adorable! Sounds like you need a trip to your hot tub to recharge! Eeeeeeeek a new IPAD!! Seriously??? You'll have to tell us what you think after you get a chance to play with it!

Chris - Right back at ya!!

Krista - Ohh it's cup weekend!! That's a crazy time for you!! Good Luck to the kiddos!!!! Love your new bling! :) Will she stop if you take her phone away for the weekend? or is that just more of a headache?

Nana - ((hugs))

To anyone who comes in later....have a fab day!

katg1006

Oops...I missed Meg & Nana...

Meg - That sounds fab!! Have fun with your friend & Happy shopping! Let us know what you find :)

Nana - Ohhhh a craft fair love those!!! Have a blast! Awwww it's pookies b-day! I can't wait to see all the yummy photos I know you are going to take! Ohh I want to see a pic of the cake!!! I am sure Kim will too!!!! That is so cool!

Merkee

Wait a minute, how long has there been coffee in here again? No one told me.
Yay, Kat!!
1lg072tea.gif

Hi everyone, just a quick pop in, I hope to peek in here a little more often and see what everyone is up to. Looks like friendship and no good! haha

So hi, hi, hi!
basket_1_him.gif

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
OHHHHHHHH It's FRIDAY!!!! and you guys are already chatterboxes!!! wow!!!!!

So I'm going to create today...and create....and take pics...and hang with some friends tonight...if the wife doesn't go into labor!! :)

hugs...I'll be back with some personals after the kids have gotten into school. SOmetimes they take forever to get into a routine!!

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Hey ladies. You guys are going to get a little rant so that I don't yell at the AT&T people. They shut off our phones saying we didn't pay, but we did. My dad was added to our plan but to keep his number they had to do some craziness to our account. In the end our acct number was changed and so when we paid it went to the wrong acct. So they sent bus a check back but didn't update the old acct so the check went to the wrong address. It was supposed to be fixed but isn't. I am not happy at all. I can't find a way to chat with them online so I have to go to a stupid store instead of doing school today in the morning.

So I've decided that this is the year for Ethan to learn about 9-11. I want to teach him about it today and am just trying to figure out how to go about it. We'll see what I come up with. Any suggestions?

Okay, I'm gonna go. I'll be back later for personals...provided I don't losee my cool at AT&T and get myself arrested or some craziness. I am pretty mad about it. If only i could take xanax and drive. Oh crap! I juste realized Derek took The truck. Ugh! Not good.

Oh, lindaS...I just realized on the iPad I'm using that if you hit the wrong button your keyboard changes. Crazy. Okay, off to bug a neighbor to use their phone.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning all .... I had a whole long post with personals for everyone and I just lost it :rant: I am so mad I could spit bullets!!!!! So instead of starting all over again, I will just say hi to everyone :wave: and hope that your Friday works out to be a great one. I could just cry :hurt: Will pop in later and perhaps try again.

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Okay I'm back for some personals. I'm cooking so I will do it in parts...

Kat...thanks for the coffee. Needed that this morning.

Laurie...homemade BBQ sauce? Sounds awesome. I hope the party is fun.

LindaS - that work thing sounds so cool. I think team building should always be someplace fun and comfortable. I'm glad to hear you pulled it off as a hit. Have fun with the iPad. I love having one to use for now. I am not sure that I would spend the money on it because it is like a super fancy phone but I do like it.

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Chris...that sucks about the medication. I hope it is awesome for you. I wish I could loan you my insurance. If I could figure out how to adopt you and your family so that you could have the military prescription plan I totally would. Is Christine Gregoire your governor? Just kidding that is Washington's pos governor. As attorney general she got us fined a ton of money and blamed her assistant and the got the state to pay millions to do not one but two recounts because she lost by a very narrow margin and then they did a bunch of crappy stuff to get enough votes so that when she won on count 3 she became our governor. Plus she looks like the grinch. Good luck with the school. Education politics sound rough.

Krista...testing at the table would make me crazy too. Sounds like a crazy weekend but yay for no work. Not sure how you find the time to do all that you do.

Meg...the farmers market sounds fun. I love farmers markets. I cannot wait to see the final result of the chicken coop.

LindaW...yay for a quiet morning. I hope it stayed that way. Sounds like a busy weekend but it should be fun. Tell Savannah happy birthday from us and give her extra smooches.

Kat...good luck with your never-ending list. We just have never-ending boxes but the piles are getting smaller. Yay! I hope nothing threw off your scrapping time. I've finally been finding scrap time but I'm not liking much that I'm doing. I feel off my game. I think I need to don some challenges. Plus play in the gallery more.

Merkee...no good is right. Always good to see you in here.

Sally...have fun being creative today. Glad to see you in here saying hi.

Trudy...that sucks when that happens. It happens to me all the time. I feel your pain. Thanks for still saying hi.

Okay, I'm off. I think I might hang out in the gallery a little. Ciao.

LSlycord

Good evening ladies. Probably too late for coffee. Unless I want to look like this.:eek2::twitch:

Clara, glad that you could rant here instead of at AT&T! Trudy, sorry about you losing the post...that drives me nuts. Chris, I hope that getting the meds from Canada works for you. Glad to see Sally, Vicki and Merkey!

nina

hey there and happy weekend to all of my sweet o family.
took a minute now to login and what do i see? KRISTA IS BACK!!!!
so happy to see ya back girl.
as for me, i am having a hard time right now, running from hospital to work, back to hospital and home for the nights. thats my life at the moment and i am so praying and hoping each day.
hopefully i can be back very soon to "normal life"

hugs to all of you!♥