Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: Friday march 11

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
What a sad morning. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone on this planet, especially Japan.
Such turmoil all over. This breaks my heart. Natural disasters, war, poverty. Some days it seems like too much. Y'all know I am a tree hugger :hippie: but I don't think Mother Earth/Mother Nature/God/Goddess whatever you believe is very please with the way we humans are tending to it.

For some unknown reason, the schools here are closed. We have a lot of water in our basement and NJ is under State of Emergency for Flooding. but I can't imagine why the schools are closed......

Such a weird day.

But the good....no GREAT news is that we'll be partying here starting tonight and going straight through for 10 days.

hope everyone has their party dresses on!

LaurieW

lOve the O!
Chris- I hear you on all the happenings in the world. I am betting that there are too many roads that are unpassable- water over them, creeks and ditches overflowing to make it safe for travel to school, or as happened here, school buildings may have flooding to deal with. I need to head to the treadmill- back tonight to party!!

LSlycord

It's scary news to wake up to indeed! I have to go to work today...but then I'm coming hOme to party tonight! Can't wait...need a good, happy diversion!

Kiliki

ugh i try to stay away from the news for that very reason....its so depressing anymore!!! i dont think i can handle anymore depression in my life!!! very excited for the birthday bash!!!! hopefully i'll be able to join in the fun!!! my hubby might pull me away from the computer though! eeeeps!! that would be BAD FOR HIM!!!!!

Bamm

Hello O-Family! Happy Happy Birthday To Oscraps!

Let me tell you waking up at 4:30 this morning to feed the baby and seeing the news about Japan was terrifying. I hope all of you with relatives in Japan and all the other countries that have faced and are facing the tsunami's are doing alright.

Kaylyn started breaking out with this really bad rash. It started a few days ago, it would come and then go. All over her face and head and neck. Well last night it got really bad, I called the on call doctor and they asked if we were doing anything new and it sorta clicked, a few days ago we started her on cereal. She breaks out after she eats it then a few hours later it starts to clear up. So the doctor said not to give it to her anymore. It's now been a little over 15 hours since she had cereal and it's almost all gone. So it's pretty much safe to say there must be something in the cereal that she is allergic to. Scary scary.

OK I DID IT! I TOOK THE PLUNGE! I GAVE IN! I made a twitter. I don't have any friends on it. I've already started following all of our fab-O-lous designers but it would be nice to have some other friends on there too - how do I do this? Haha just here - http://twitter.com/ka_bamm

PARTY TIME PARTY TIME!

ourmisadventures

Super weird :( Jeff texted me from work to turn on CNN at 1amish... insane.

Woke up to texts from friends all over the place asking if we evacuated, but we're in the center of california, not on the coast. I havent heard if the wave ever really hit california, but people are evacuated.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
:bday Oscraps!! I am very excited about the party starting soon and it's payday for me so yay, I've got my wallet out and ready to fill up on some new goodies!!
It is not such a happy day for many around the world and my heart breaks for all those who are experiencing the wrath of Mother Nature today!! I am going to check on the latest news as soon as I am done posting here.

Kayleigh - I am not much of a tweeter, but I am now following you, I have trouble figuring out what to do with twitter. Not sure how it works, but I guess I will have to practice more.

LindaS - Hope your work day goes by quickly so you can get in here and chat with us tonight!!

Laurie - Love your new AVI!! Looks like you got your party dress on and are ready to get this Party Started!! Have a great walk on the treadmill, you rock!

Chris - I am somewhat of a :hippie: myself and that used to be a dirty work around my neck of the woods as this was a very big logging community, but times have changed and for the better in some ways. Wow 10 days of partying??? We could all end up with big hangovers!! Hope your day is great!!

Meg - I had not heard of the evacuation in California, so I am really going to have to get the TV turned on and catch up!! Hope everyone you know is ok!!

Off to get housework done while watching the news so I can have everything done before the Birthday Bash begins :wave:

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Good morning ladies!! I am super sad about this earthquake too. I just met this girl last night and she was telling me about her sisters who were stationed in Japan and Korea and now I am hoping and praying that she has heard from them and that they are okay. I don't know her last name so I will have to wait until Saturday to ask her, although I sent a message to the leaders of my small group to see if they could get a hold of her. I can't even imagine that feeling.

Thankfully...we have happy things going on here!! I am so excited!! Lots of challenges, chats and prizes!! I can't wait. I already see lots of people dressed up and am feeling a bit under dressed and need to do something about that. Today I am feeling a bit under the weather though. I got Ethan's yuck and my usual allergies are feeling grosser since I think it is turning into more of a cold and I have a headache and sore throat to go with it. I took some topomax today since I had stopped taking it because it makes my feet fall asleep and it hurts. So, I need something else for my headaches. I have a doctors appt next week finally. Yay!!

Chris - I cannot believe how many school closures your kids have had. I don't think your kids will even have a summer. My goodness. I hope they have a plan for making those days up.

Laurie - Will be seeing you tonight! Yay!!

Linda - You too! Can't wait.

Kristy - You just tell your husband no way!! Let us know how that goes for ya!!

Kayleigh - Poor Kaylyn! Babies are so sensitive. The crazy part is that in a few months her body could care less and be fine with the cereal. It is so weird. Babies are weird about soy products...check if there was anything soy in it. That goes away eventually most of the time. Then sometimes they get rashes just because. Babies are weird and like to just freak us out just because we are not already tired enough and stressed out enough about being a new mom. Have fun on Twitter. I have a twitter acct just for scrapping and never found any of my friends on it that weren't scrapping related. Cora has a great little Twitter tutorial...send her a PM and ask her for a link to it.

Meg - Glad you live in the middle of California!!

Trudy - I hope you get everything done today so that you can have as much fun today as possible. Yay for parties. Whoohoo!!

mei74

Hi girls, I've been seriously MIA over here. The last few weeks were so crazy busy with tying up work and baby prepping, but I had my baby girl, Victoria! She was born on Sunday, 3/6, and we are home from the hospital, and she is just the most mellow baby so far. We are totally in love. :)

Hope you are all doing great.

Happy Birthday OScraps!

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
quick fly by here...tying up everything for the house so I can party 24/7 for the next 10 days!! :) (hahaha...tying up everything..that is funny...sounds like i'm going through and tying things up!! LOL!)

Bush Girl

Hi girls, I've been seriously MIA over here. The last few weeks were so crazy busy with tying up work and baby prepping, but I had my baby girl, Victoria! She was born on Sunday, 3/6, and we are home from the hospital, and she is just the most mellow baby so far. We are totally in love. :)

Hope you are all doing great.

Happy Birthday OScraps!

WAHHHHHH congratulations, ME. :cheer2: Beautiful name you've chosed.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Congratulations Me!!!! What a lovely name, the same as our capital city here on Vancouver Island. Can't wait to see the pictures of your beautiful baby!!

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I'm so torn between wanting to watch the coverage of the tsunami and watching local news because of wild fires in my area.

LaurieW

lOve the O!
Oh my Vicki- stay safe.

Me- congrats!

just discovered that my version of financial software was so old, my data that was saved, is not longer compatible with a newer version