Oscraps

Current trends - Annoying or Love?

Scrapmemories

Lorraine
What is something that is popular now that annoys you? Or you absolutely love?

Trends seem, to come and go quickly with the help of social media today. Word spreads fast from fitness trends, diets, getting rid of clutter, facial sheet masks and so much more.

I recently started to watching Tidying Up with Marie Kondo on Netflix. I stopped after 2 episodes because I knew I would throw every stitch of clothing on my bed, not finish and end up sleeping on my couch. A very big part of me would like to have less stuff. Less stuff, less clutter, less stress.

What trends have you been wanting to try but fear. Or have tried and failed. You aren't limited to just one so feel free to let it all out.

Last edited by a moderator:

bcgal00

CHEERY O
I love Marie Kondo's plan on teaching yourself to let go by making the sentimental stuff for last. But I don't think I can handle putting all my clothes in a pile. Let me know if you do it. In fact scrap the before and after! You might inspire me.

Can't think of any that really annoy me but one I am loving lately are the organizational videos like the Marie Kondo ones. I love the tips and shortcuts.

I did think of one....and if you asked my hubs, he would agree too...we both dislike the dark blackish lipstick that seems to be making a comeback. We've seen it used a lot lately in movies/tv shows and my daughter has a really dark one (not quite black but really dark though) and I told her it looked nice but really, I didn't think so.

Last edited by a moderator:

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
Honestly, I'm kind of tired of social media in general. the highlight reels of people's lives can get to me. I mean, I know that the majority of people only show the "good" stuff (including me lol) but it can make me feel inadequate...

And, I'm with you on the not dragging everything out thing. That's way to overwhelming for me. I tend to still follow flylady principles - set a timer for 15 min and then do something else for 15 min. That way I don't get overwhelmed.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
Hmmm, I am not a 'trendy' person I guess!! bwhahaaaa!! I only a very basic phone that I use for actually talking or texting people (it is a smart phone but my mobile plan is just for talk and text) so my grandkids think I an ancient!!! :pound: I figure that I am on my PC for most of the day, most days, so I can be 'out of touch' while I am out. :)

I don't wear any of the latest fashions..... I use to when I was a LOT younger but now it is whatever is comfy! :) I just poke along and do my own thing. Totally not into putting all my feelings and thoughts out there on FB, they are only things I share with friends, either by private messaging or in real life, face to face, over the phone so I guess I am a rather private person, although I do like to interact with people.

I buy a weekly magazine when I shop once a week to glance through but I admit I just shake my head when I read who is divorcing who, who is having an affair etc etc. bleh! I really only buy it for the crossword but it's okay for some light reading. So yeah, I am pretty basic but I am happy with who I am so that is all that really matters I think! :)

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I am too old to be bothered by trends. Trends? What is a Trend? :rofl:
My clothes are borrowed from my DD if I am going out in public or my DH if I am staying home. Makeup up trends is based on how do I cover breakouts and wrinkles at the same time.
I mostly use FB to share Layouts and Oscraps posts. I have Oscraps set as Show First so I don't have to do a lot of scrolling.

Rae- Caitlyn wears black lipstick almost every day. On her, it seems right but totally not something at everyone can pull off.

felis

Right now I'm most of the time on Instagram. Opposite to Vicki I just adore to see bunch of smiling people, which shared their inspiration with the world. My physical friends (I mean people here around me, because I don't feel them more 'real', or actualy real friends) and unfortunately myself too, right now are group of pessimist that thinks we lost battle for saving this world and it deserve to burn in screams.
So to see all these talented painters, photographers, actress and musicians, travelers and ect. sharing their ideas and tries to create new lifestyle it's breath of fresh air. I really appreciate that celebrities allows us to see their personality behind the art they made. Because unfortunately many great artists are awful as a people. It's nice to find others which are awesome human being.

As Ona says I'm also not bought magazine from ages, because of the gossip in them. And I don't know about magazines in your country but here most of them are full with lies, everybody knows that they published what will sell, law here don't force them to check do some news is true or rumor.
Of course It have also some exception and estimable magazines like Biograph, National Geographic, Eight Magazine, which I'm collected at past but honestly they only takes place after read. It's not worth it one tree to die for that when they have online version.

So current trend that my family is on right now is Minimalism. I found it hard because I'm hoarder with sentimental connection with silly objects, but give my best to improve myself in that direction :wink:.

Headbands are fashion trend that I want to be on, but wearing glasses, I found that my face looks stupid with headband. The pretty inspiration:
-XtI23bIH17xIZ34WffdAhIiZfJf9ptp--Gk03mNm5eoVTTB6I8XxXTsNXRkvUewOwNQcw=s85
images

Madi

Diane
CHEERY O
Trends? I am not up to date with that!

Just the other day I said to Maya, you have your shirt tucked in just at the front,
and you can guess the answer,
it was supposed to be that way.
Just one example of trends that I miss!!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
I don't think that I am a trendy person, except perhaps with the things that I want to try out in the way of painting or other creative things. I am not really too active with Facebook and yes it is true most people only post the "good" stuff and I am guilty of that also!
embarrassed-smiley.gif
I used to follow fashion trends when I was younger and was working in the Bank. I still like to dress nicely but I don't spend a fortune on clothes and go more for comfort now. My makeup is pretty basic when I happen to throw some on LOL and I have had the same haircut for about 10 years now. Guess I should think about changing it someday :becky:

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
Headbands are fashion trend that I want to be on, but wearing glasses, I found that my face looks stupid with headband. The pretty inspiration:
-XtI23bIH17xIZ34WffdAhIiZfJf9ptp--Gk03mNm5eoVTTB6I8XxXTsNXRkvUewOwNQcw=s85
images

I have a really big head (lol no comments y'all!) and so any pre-made, stylish headband gives me a crazy headache.

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
:pound::biggrin1: Well that was a *spit your coffee out moment*!!! :pound: You so definitely do not have a big head!! :biggrin: but I know what you meant! :)

That fashion scarf/bandana trend was something I used to do when I was in my 20's, being a surfie/hippie chick back then I always wore a bandana with my long hair when I was a the beach...............it totally wouldn't suit me now but I do like the look. I think it would actually suit you Vicki, you have such a pretty pixie face so perhaps you need to just use a regular bandana size scarf and just fold it up? :)

wombat146

ONA - Administrator
CHEERY O
As Ona says I'm also not bought magazine from ages, because of the gossip in them. And I don't know about magazines in your country but here most of them are full with lies, everybody knows that they published what will sell, law here don't force them to check do some news is true or rumor.

So current trend that my family is on right now is Minimalism. I found it hard because I'm hoarder with sentimental connection with silly objects, but give my best to improve myself in that direction :wink:

Felis, yes about the magazines, I can buy just two magazines and both of them will have conflicting 'news' about a person. In one they are divorcing, in the other one they are renewing their vows! lol!! And I always laugh when they say 'a close source'! yeah right! Just a straight out lie in other words! pfffftttt!!!

Trends? I am not up to date with that!

Just the other day I said to Maya, you have your shirt tucked in just at the front,
and you can guess the answer,
it was supposed to be that way.
Just one example of trends that I miss!!

LOL! I know Diane! I have said similar things to my eldest granddaughter (17) and she just looks at me with that "oh grandma, get with it!!!!' look!! :pound: When did I become uncool!!!!!! :pound: :pound: :pound:

Scrapmemories

Lorraine
I love Flylady and that kept me organized easily for years. but then I got overwhelmed with too many emails. I have been considering trying it again. You've inspired me.

YES YES YES to the my life is perfect spin. so sick of it. I share the good the bad and the ugly. LOL

I find myself snoozing a lot of those.
I don't find you over do it Vicki...I love your car and travel pics.

Honestly, I'm kind of tired of social media in general. the highlight reels of people's lives can get to me. I mean, I know that the majority of people only show the "good" stuff (including me lol) but it can make me feel inadequate...

And, I'm with you on the not dragging everything out thing. That's way to overwhelming for me. I tend to still follow flylady principles - set a timer for 15 min and then do something else for 15 min. That way I don't get overwhelmed.

Scrapmemories

Lorraine
Ona, it sounds like you are very comfortable in your own skin and that is awesome. I like disconnecting every now and then. With soon to be 87 yr old mom living on her own, I can't turn off the phone though.
Since I work full time and don't see me retiring anytime soon, I still have to dress for the public (although I'd prefer to be in sweats all day). I've changed my wardrobe as my body has changed through the years and the new style of clothes feel and look better on me.

Hmmm, I am not a 'trendy' person I guess!! bwhahaaaa!! I only a very basic phone that I use for actually talking or texting people (it is a smart phone but my mobile plan is just for talk and text) so my grandkids think I an ancient!!! :pound: I figure that I am on my PC for most of the day, most days, so I can be 'out of touch' while I am out. :)

I don't wear any of the latest fashions..... I use to when I was a LOT younger but now it is whatever is comfy! :) I just poke along and do my own thing. Totally not into putting all my feelings and thoughts out there on FB, they are only things I share with friends, either by private messaging or in real life, face to face, over the phone so I guess I am a rather private person, although I do like to interact with people.

I buy a weekly magazine when I shop once a week to glance through but I admit I just shake my head when I read who is divorcing who, who is having an affair etc etc. bleh! I really only buy it for the crossword but it's okay for some light reading. So yeah, I am pretty basic but I am happy with who I am so that is all that really matters I think! :)

Scrapmemories

Lorraine
I love the look of that headband but feel that if I tried it, the darn thing would keep falling off.
I'd love to have a minimalist lifestyle but totally get some objects I'm so attached to.

So current trend that my family is on right now is Minimalism. I found it hard because I'm hoarder with sentimental connection with silly objects, but give my best to improve myself in that direction :wink:.

Scrapmemories

Lorraine
That is awesome. My daughter is 25 and wears all colors of lips & eye shadows and they look great on her. I used to cringe at someone with colors like blue or purple in their hair. Now I have peekaboo blue streaks at age 62 lol

Rae- Caitlyn wears black lipstick almost every day. On her, it seems right but totally not something at everyone can pull off.

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I love Flylady and that kept me organized easily for years. but then I got overwhelmed with too many emails. I have been considering trying it again. You've inspired me.

YES YES YES to the my life is perfect spin. so sick of it. I share the good the bad and the ugly. LOL

I find myself snoozing a lot of those.
I don't find you over do it Vicki...I love your car and travel pics.

aaaw, thank you!

And, I don't get the emails anymore. Just apply the 15 min principle really now. I let the "clean my sink" go a long time ago lol

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
:pound::biggrin1: Well that was a *spit your coffee out moment*!!! :pound: You so definitely do not have a big head!! :biggrin: but I know what you meant! :)

That fashion scarf/bandana trend was something I used to do when I was in my 20's, being a surfie/hippie chick back then I always wore a bandana with my long hair when I was a the beach...............it totally wouldn't suit me now but I do like the look. I think it would actually suit you Vicki, you have such a pretty pixie face so perhaps you need to just use a regular bandana size scarf and just fold it up? :)

Aaaw, that's so nice :) thank you! I may try it one of these days.

Kythe

CHEERY O
When I was working I had a definite office wear style but now that I rarely leave the house except to grocery shop I live in jeans and loose tops. Of course gaining a ton of weight has not helped in the clothes styles depament. What I used to be able to wear style wise no longer applies. I really don't know what style I should wear. Nor care really. lol
As far as de-cluttering goes most of the "stuff" is hubby's and I don't feel I have the right to toss his stuff. I would be annoyed if he tossed mine. You should see our shared office, lol my side neat, tidy no mess... his? well let's just say I can almost see the keyboard. lol When I can't stand it anymore I get a lidded box and shove everything into it. So far I have 4 stacked with junk of his. lol