Oscraps

Art Journaling anyone?

Vicki Robinson

Designer + Brush Queen + Mac Guru
Designer
Anyone into art journaling— digital or hybrid? i do both — and the “get your hands messy” kind too. I have an art journaling group on FB, but they have messed with groups so much, it’s become impossible to manage. I’m considering, for the new year, encouraging the members to come here and try reactivating this section of the forum. I’m thinking I’d clean this forum up and add sections for discussion, tutorials, and maybe even challenges—if there is enough interest. We added an “art journaling” specific gallery when we re-opened, so that’s available to us as well.

What do you think? Any other ideas?

pam p

I love to art journal, both ways. I have made and gifted many to interested family and friends. I love the messy process and could sit down all day and play. I would be interested in ways to digitally make some journals and would love the challenges. What a grand idea.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I mostly end up with pages looking like AJ. I have given up getting my hands messy. I'm all digi now. I'd definitely be in for anything AJ!

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I love this idea!!! I used to do hybrid art journalling but I'd really like to do more personal again and definitely more personal digital as well.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Well, since I just started on my BoM project, this would be great.

Also ... I always encourage people to leave FB ... so ... this is a fantastic idea! :D

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I also dabble in my Travel Journals. I do my December Daily in 4x6 format, have them printed at Walgreens and put each year's in one of my TN's. I've been doing it for 3 years now. I go in spurts of making layouts for my TN's too. I also do Bible Journaling. This would definitely be fun.

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
I also dabble in my Travel Journals. I do my December Daily in 4x6 format, have them printed at Walgreens and put each year's in one of my TN's. I've been doing it for 3 years now. I go in spurts of making layouts for my TN's too. I also do Bible Journaling. This would definitely be fun.
What is a TN?

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
@scribler mine are about 4.5 x 8 and they come with a few inserts but you can buy added inserts - here are some pictures I found in my stash. You can buy different sizes, but I like these.

Attachments

• IMG_0423.JPG
    IMG_0423.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1952.jpg
    IMG_1952.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1966.jpg
    IMG_1966.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1954.jpg
    IMG_1954.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
I love art journaling..I'm mainly digital... I do want to get involved with hybrid to include the get your hands messy. AJ is actually my therapy.

I personally would love it NOT being on FB. Sometimes I have to AJ because of FB and it's ridiculousness. LOL. But I do love sharing on Pinterest and IG as well. Maybe have a specific AJ tag for the group so we can all use it....and follow that tag on IG.

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
It makes me SO happy that there's interest in this. I'll work on getting things set up for the first of the year. Any suggestions are welcome!
Can you mix in some hands messy things too? With maybe some
Options…. I never know which things I should buy vs the 500 things I want to buy with it…. Lol.

Vicki Robinson

Designer
Can you mix in some hands messy things too? With maybe some
Options…. I never know which things I should buy vs the 500 things I want to buy with it…. Lol.
For sure. When I first started art journaling and abstract mixed media, I took lots of online classes (who am I kidding I STILL take lots of online classes) and felt I needed to buy every single supply ever made. Lol. Check this post out:

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
For sure. When I first started art journaling and abstract mixed media, I took lots of online classes (who am I kidding I STILL take lots of online classes) and felt I needed to buy every single supply ever made. Lol. Check this post out:

oooo, thanks so much. Heading over to check out the link!

pam p

Looking forward to lots of ideas.I am pretty rusty right now, but enjoy the feelings of creativity and accomplishment. I will watch this space.

newbie2digi

How very exciting. I messy art, digital and hybrid. I've learned a lot of digital from your tutorials, Vicki. My folder of items from your shop is stuffed-good thing it's electronic. I love the idea of having a group.

Vicki Robinson

Designer
How very exciting. I messy art, digital and hybrid. I've learned a lot of digital from your tutorials, Vicki. My folder of items from your shop is stuffed-good thing it's electronic. I love the idea of having a group.
Well now, I BLUSHING! Thank you!!