Oscraps

Are you a Veteran??

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
veteransday.jpg

Are you a Veteran? Or the family member of a Veteran?

With Veteran’s Day coming up next week we would like to know which of you are veterans and which of you are family members of veterans. If you could please send me a PM answering the following questions so that we may acknowledge you appropriately it would be greatly appreciated. Although this is an American holiday we would like to honor all members of the military, not just the American military. If you feel comfortable please also give you and your family member's full names, if not that is also completely fine. You can also send this information to:
clara.riggle@yahoo.com. Thank you.

1. Are you a veteran or the family member of a Veteran (or currently serving)?
2. What military branch or country did you or your loved one serve?
3. Are you or your family member currently deployed and what country are they in?
4. Did you or your loved one retire from the military?

Please send all submissions by November 9.

Used Oscraps Homespun Collab
Let it Ring Alpha by Danielle Young

Edited:

All veterans need acknowledgement so if you have a loved one that you think needs praise please feel free to send me their information. Sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, parents, whoever. Just send your relationship along with your pm. I do want to give a special shout out to the people in the O who are vets and spouses but ALL vets and those who love them deserve praise. I have no intention of leaving out a single one. So, share anyone who needs some love. Thanks guys!!

Last edited by a moderator:

snappy2003

Awww, Clara, that is soooo awesome!!! My daddy was a disabled Vietnam vet and I take great pride in our military.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
oooh huggles to you!! Clara- not sure exactly what you have up your sleeve with this-- but wow!!! You rock!!

No vets in my family.......... but I am sooooo appreciative of all who are/were/currently serving.

hondachicc

Oh Clara...........this is so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! We are not vets...my father is...and around here Veterans are a HUGE thing!!!

We even have the D-Day memorial here!!

AWESOME!!!:p

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Come on all veterans and all you spouses out there. Don't be shy!!! We want to know who you are because we love you!!! This is not about politics or who believes in what just all of us banding together and loving our countries that we live in and knowing that our past, present and futures depend on things that the military does, not just in times of war. Not to mention the spouses who support all of those soldiers.

So, don't be shy and send a message telling us who you are so we can love on you...and boy do we want to love on you, whatever country you are from.

mrstoa

mrstoa
No veteran spouse - only family who served are a late Uncle, Step-Grandfather, and brother
Thanks for thinking of the service men & veterans - we owe them debt of gratitude - and to remember to keep them in our prayers.

MommySpice

Not a veteran here, or the spouse of one. However, I have one brother who served in Iraq, and Hubster's dad, sister, and brother-in-law served. I also have a brother who just enlisted...but he's still a senior in HS, so he hasn't even been to Basic Training yet.

mom2da3ks

My brother is currently serving in the Navy. My father was in the AF. Several uncles were in the Army. This is terrific Clara!!! So thankful to those who served or have served to protect our freedoms!!!

LindaBelle

What a super thing to do!

But what about MOMS of veterans!! Our son has served 2 tours in Iraq!
((Hugs)) and thanks to all veterans and their families!!

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Go ahead and send me a PM if you have a son, daughter or sibling serving...we need to love you guys too.

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Initial post was edited for those with other loved ones besides spouses so please check it out. Love those vets!!!

petey111

Fantastic idea Clara. I'll email you some names, but if it's too late for whatever you're planning, no worries. (I've been out of town.)

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Nope, not to late...keep the names coming guys. I'll have it set up so that I can keep adding names until the last minute.

shellieks

My husband has just recently medically retired after serving 14 years in the Army. His last tour was 18 months in Iraq. My sister and her husband are also retired Army. Their daughter is currently serving in the Army National Guard, and their youngest daughters fiancee is currently in training in the Air Force.
My husbands Father and Grandfather both served in the Army as well. While his brother is currently serving in the Army, stationed at Ft. Wainwright Alaska. I have two cousins serving in the Navy stationed both in CA and WA.
Yes, I have a family full of Military ties and full of pride for our Nation.
~Shellie~

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Welcome to both of you! We are glad you are here at the O and we appreciate all that your families have done for us.

maxzap

vets

so i'm a veteran -- Vietnam era. I was in the Marine Corps. my mother and father were both Army. one brother was Army, one brother was Marine, my sister was Navy. and my son was in the army.

maxzap

sammdc

my husband who passed away in January of this yr was conscripted into the air-force in 1971 he served in Vietnam. He was buried with full military honours in Feb of this yr and I have his flag on display in my lounge room it gives me a great deal of comfort.

G

GinaF

I just saw this in the newsletter this morning...sent an email. ;) My husband is active right now. Thank you for thinking of everyone!

mamabegood

Hi! I just got your email this morning, and it's actually brought me out of lurking. :D I am proud to say that I spent 9 years in the United States Air Force and my husband served in the US Army for 4 years. My dear father-in-law is an amputee who lost his arm in the Korean War. How kind of you to recognize us vets--it was an honor to serve our country, and we are so proud to be Americans!

robenmarie

What a blessing to have our loved and friends honored! Thanks so much for this!

My father, Tami Eugene Roberts served his country in the Navy for over 20 years. He retired and has since passed away.